User Tag List

Page 291 of 292 FirstFirst ... 281282283284285286287288289290291292 LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 5840

Thread: The what did the postman bring today thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The what did the postman bring today thread.

I'm back to riding a celeste bike:

Didn't get to take it this morning due to an atypical commute, but I'll get things sorted this weekend and hopefully my days on the Green Line will now be few and far between.

This really is an amazing piece of engineering. I've missed riding to work for the past year or so, and now I'll be able to drive to drop off the kids then bike back across town and starting in the fall will ride to the commuter rail and then from the station in the city to work.

I also picked up a new helmet with a bit more visibility for the early morning country roads:

This is the relatively new POC Omne Air Spin. Compared to the Octal I have now it's a bit lower profile and (non-POC) sunglasses seem to fit better. Going to be my helmet for commuting mostly, I'm guessing I'll miss the extra ventilation on longer rides, but if the higher-end Ventral Air fits more like this one I may end up upgrading the octal as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new pump day...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitsbow Icon showed up. All I can say is WOW - the hype is completely deserved because this is a FANTASTIC garment.
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molteni cappuccino cups. The box from Italy was crushed, but somehow the cups survived!

888FC5BC-AA39-40E3-AC0A-34B0A4391C71.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to straighten that pic Steve...awesome cup!
    rw saunders
    everything is connected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0.jpg
    This frame and the SRAM 1x parts came this last two weeks. This bike is amazing, and I cannot wait to get the new Interclub from Craig this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Powerfibers View Post
    0.jpg
    This frame and the SRAM 1x parts came this last two weeks. This bike is amazing, and I cannot wait to get the new Interclub from Craig this year.
    You’ll be blown away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve d View Post
    Molteni cappuccino cups. The box from Italy was crushed, but somehow the cups survived!

Merckx was always crushproof.

_

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Powerfibers View Post
    0.jpg
    More pictures and text here:
    Going Custom: Part Five, The “Wait“ Bike | Buffalo cycling reviews blog gear | Om Cycling Buffalo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stoked to score this of Marla Streb.....

s-l1600 by Adrian Knowles, on Flickr
    Adrian Knowles
    Sunny Queensland,
    Australia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent myself down a rabbit hole with a line of enquiry after I sold my Klein, resulting in this Lynskey Helix arriving last Thursday:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that looks like a very smart Brompton. They are not exactly light, but they are built like tractors. I have had one on London for years. There is a very qood quality handlebar bag which only requires a small attachment piece and is like a smart courier bag. You can easily get away with it these days in a fairly smart meeting. Room for your laptop and business things. I often ring ahead where I am going into the city and the reception people will happily tuck the bike somewhere - they find it quite amusing and you don't even have to worry about a lock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slwrnu View Post
    that looks like a very smart Brompton. They are not exactly light, but they are built like tractors. I have had one on London for years. There is a very qood quality handlebar bag which only requires a small attachment piece and is like a smart courier bag. You can easily get away with it these days in a fairly smart meeting. Room for your laptop and business things. I often ring ahead where I am going into the city and the reception people will happily tuck the bike somewhere - they find it quite amusing and you don't even have to worry about a lock.
    I did pick up one of the Brompton bags that clicks into the front luggage mounting block, and I agree it works well and is passable for a professional office. After a couple weeks with this thing, it is officially life changing. I'm so happy to be back to riding everyday and the flexibility is amazing, I think for in-town commutes its much better than a full size bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cycle along the Thames slowly so no sweating, arrive at your destination 20 mins later, bag off, fold, carry bike in to reception, smile, say Good Morning, ask if you could leave your Brompton there, I have never been refused, we just tuck it out of sight. When it is really hot, I put my work shirt in the bag, wear a t shirt, when i get near my meeting I change in the street, no-one bats an eye-lid in London, same in most big cities around the world I am sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't understand the "no-bikes" rules in offices when it comes to folding bikes, especially given the size of other things that get hauled up to offices using the elevator. Seems like it is only meant to harass bike couriers.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putting your occupational health & safety/minimise risk to not aggreviate the insurer/I own the effing building hat on for a moment...

(for the first) Bikes get in the way, cause clutter (ironic in an office I know), might trip someone over or impede people when making their way to the fire escape.

(for the second) Bikes may impede people when making their way to the fire escape.

(for the third) Bikes are dirty, your wheels have just put street crud on my carpet and don't mark the walls.

My bike lives in my office and is not in the way and fortunately we have no issues with building management. In my previous job it lived in my office and was kind of in the way, I had the occasional barney with security (until the building was sold) and used to have to use the goods lift to get into the office with my bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Putting your occupational health & safety/minimise risk to not aggreviate the insurer/I own the effing building hat on for a moment...

(for the first) Bikes get in the way, cause clutter (ironic in an office I know), might trip someone over or impede people when making their way to the fire escape.

(for the second) Bikes may impede people when making their way to the fire escape.

(for the third) Bikes are dirty, your wheels have just put street crud on my carpet and don't mark the walls.

My bike lives in my office and is not in the way and fortunately we have no issues with building management. In my previous job it lived in my office and was kind of in the way, I had the occasional barney with security (until the building was sold) and used to have to use the goods lift to get into the office with my bike.
    I get all these things, and I've definitely run into it before. There was a coffee shop I always used to stop at post-ride, leaning my bike against the wall just inside the door. I got to know the owner over several years, and he was always cool with it.

Then I stopped in one evening on a weekend and the usual crew wasn't there. The new cashier told me I had to leave because I was causing a fire hazard. Which I knew he was just making up, because I had talked to the actual owner about it. I think there is just a knee jerk reaction that something must be wrong with a bike indoors. I stopped going to that coffee shop.

But all of this goes away with a folder. It's really the size of carry on luggage when folded, and I can actually carry it across the floor avoiding any marks. In that way it's better than a rolling suitcase or stroller, both of which will drag in all that street crud, but no one complains about them. I think it's still just a case of "I don't know what that is, so it must be against the rules".

The exception is the man I saw standing outside south station yesterday as I was rolling my Brompton by semi-folded. In my (actually somewhat professional) opinion, he was a bit unwell, and primarily responding to internal stimuli. However when he saw the bike he pointed and said "I don't know what that is, but I appreciate it. I appreciate it, man."

Made my day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post

Only if badly stored inside the building. I've put my bikes behind my chair for years at the corner of my office. Nobody has any reason to go around it both under normal operations and emergency.

So are the shoes.

It doesn't have to be all so black and white. Additionnaly there is usually a lot of wasted space in offices that could be used to store bicycles or scooters.

At my current job I have been harassed by the chief of the facilities department to stop storing my bike inside which I finally did. Now I see people going inside with their unfolded scooters and he do not say anything. I think his only motivation, and the most probable in most places was a general hate of cyclists. Fat people are simply jealous of fit people enjoying life without being out of breath. Usually foldable bikes acceptation is better. Not because it takes less room but more because it is less connoted as a sport/leisure activity
    Last edited by sk_tle; 5 Days Ago at 06:51 AM.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some people take to fascism like a fish to water. Everything is "could have put an eye out". And I am so tired of people with plastic badges.

Okay, back on topic - who did some shopping? I bought a new pair of cycling gloves. Giro I think. They are white for waving at motorists. Also because I couldn't find a pair of yellow ones. Seems like these things last 6 months at most before the sun & pollution eat up the lycra.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting from next months my backyard will be full of dirt roads.

I will feel like the king of gravel.
    --
    T h o m a s