Page 236 of 236 FirstFirst ... 226227228229230231232233234235236
Results 4,701 to 4,718 of 4718

Thread: The what did the postman bring today thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The what did the postman bring today thread.

What's this? Me, with wheels that have centrelock hubs and decals going right to the edge of the rim?:

IMG_2956.jpg

DT Swiss PRC1400 disc review wheels* for the next review bike, which will have a disc review groupset - might as well kill three birds with one stone, eh?!

(*which may or may not be returned, depending whether I like them, because I may or may not have a disc bike of my own on the way...)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    New pedals for the foul weather bike...one major slip with the SPD-L cleats on wet concrete was enough for me, so it's back to basics when it's wet outside and with a little extra metal in the form of a touring pedal.
    Finally admitted to myself I spend more time commuting then training (on same, and only, bike), and maybe replacing my KEOs with A600 would be a good idea. The postman delivered me a box similar to yours, together with a 3->2 hole adapter for weekend rides, but I just can't get around to installing them. KEOs are also easier to ride with allstars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    What goes around comes around. When I first got back into riding, I bought a curvy round skinny Specialized saddle and wore it out. Now 12 years later I've bought this Prologo Scratch 2 Pas 134 Tirox blah blah blah. Took me an hour to figure out which one to order. I had to create a glossary. But I think I got the right one. Stupid recurring ischial thing but no problems on the ride with this saddle today. We'll see over the next several weeks.

Attachment 103691
    This has been a great saddle btw.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I didn't get around to getting a frame bag sewn, and I had to admit that I hadn't actually used a frame bag enough to really know how I wanted to design it, so I got one flown in.

IMG_20170911_134227.jpg
    (my orange nail from Kelpie Cycles)

Oveja Negra managed to get an order on Tues AM and have it to me by wednesday EOB. They did the back bag, too, though that one has been rattling around in inventory for two years. The handlebar bag got sewn last weekend.

Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and puffy jacket in back; tent and groundcloth in frame bag; the rest up front.

It'll be a good four-day campout, riding in a big circle in the San Juan range.

Best Regards,

Will
    William M. deRosset
    Fort Collins, CO

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to report that the 32-spoke wheel is alive and well.

Postperson Sue brought me these, the latest bit of subterfuge for my Hampco faux-Gitane.

Not the rims, the stickers. The faux Aspins are tubulars, these are clinchers with Compass 28's.
    Last edited by thollandpe; 1 Week Ago at 02:19 PM.
    Tödd Höllând

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate to buy shit we don't need. -- Tyler Durden

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

A bronze Schon Dsgn pen to go with my Ti. It's stout!

Post Thanks / Like

#crossiscoming or so I heard. 2 Schwalbe Racing Ralph tubulars and an S950 crankset. The Schwalbes look narrower than the FMB I used to ride but I decided my level wasn't worthy of riding FMBs this year and I decided to go the cheap route. 50€ a pair of cx tubular ain't bad. I still hope they'll stretch a little bit. The crankset came with a compact spider that will be replaced by a 40t narrow wide direct mount chainring that has been collecting dust for months in my parts bin.

--
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like

hudson's bay 8 point (king size blanket). it's massive. 108" x 100"...i currently sleep on a full size hahah.
    never thought i'd come around to appreciating the feel of an "itchy" wool blanket, but i have made a move toward purchasing lifetime/heirloom quality gear and thought it was time to get rid of the down comforter i've been using for too long (it's lost a lot of down over the years).
    highly recommend!
    Capture.JPG
    Yay bikes.
    Sean Riley...

Post Thanks / Like

Assos North America had a sale yesterday, mate picked up this cap for me, 40% off. Unlike most of the inexpensive caps I’ve used, this one fits very well, glad to drop the big bucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nunquam sentio a vir per amplitudo of suus codpiece.

Post Thanks / Like

Avid Shorty Ultimates to the replace the Shorty 4's on my wife's bike.
    She's been complaining about the brakes for a while, so I thought this might be a good way to "set it and forget it" for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Delivered by taxi? I am not sure of the progression of events (all a blur,) but my wife picked this out and voila.

Attachment 103998

She now reads DC Rainmaker evidently.

edit: Unless our apartment is vertical, this is right ways up at home.
    I hope you never need customer support because Tacx is horrible. Lot's of one sentence emails that explain nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanile View Post
    hudson's bay 8 point (king size blanket). it's massive. 108" x 100"...i currently sleep on a full size hahah.
    never thought i'd come around to appreciating the feel of an "itchy" wool blanket, but i have made a move toward purchasing lifetime/heirloom quality gear and thought it was time to get rid of the down comforter i've been using for too long (it's lost a lot of down over the years).
    highly recommend!
    Capture.JPG
    We have one of those on the sofa in our kitchen dining area - though not the king size of course. They are wonderfully warm.

Post Thanks / Like

My lady wanted to get me a little something . . . so it's straight to the company I love to hate, but also hate to love . . . speedvagen. I'll rock a speedvagen jersey on a firefly ti with no paint, cuz, that's how I roll. Jersey is decent if a little too thin, shirt is kind of cool (my lady liked it), the bottles are for sure decent. And for the all the eagle eyes out there, yea, that's a polk floor tower speaker . . . kids today don't even know stereo.

Oddly enough I was riding back in 1995 and had one of those purple/pink Fat Chance jerseys . . . seems all that is old is now new.

FullSizeRender

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rec head View Post
    I hope you never need customer support because Tacx is horrible. Lot's of one sentence emails that explain nothing.
    My wife picked it out so....
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like

More road bike parts just keep showing up. I wish someone would tell me there's more to life than road bikes. Thought I'd try out a Shimano FD-5801 this time around. While I don't hate the 9000/5800 front derailleurs I have, I'm curious about their return to low profile after their experiment with the long arm derailleurs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    Baby's got new glass...

Very, very nice!