Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome. Say hi

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Welcome. Say hi

howdy friends!
    shrink, terrorist, poet, president of concerned cyclists for the abolishment of bovine source bicycle parts and head of the disaffected commie dishwashers union.

Post Thanks / Like

Shalom y'all,

Scott, sn69 at Serotta, RBR and Bike Fan Club/Scott at Slowtwitch here. Found it on the Hampsten blog prior to the recent S Board discussion/flap.

Full time reader, part time poster. Rides: Marcelo, RB-1 currently in restoration, Waterford hanging as a frameset (rode her in RAAM 06 and 07) while I decide to keep or sell her, previously had a sponsored 'Dale System Six (RAAM 07), a Serotta CIII (fookin moreon for selling that one). and a green Spectrum steel (varsity fooking moreon shyte fer brains for selling that one).

I like pina coladas, walks in the rain. I'm not into health food, but more into Guiness than champagne.

Sublime remains my favorite SoCal band. I know,...that's apropos to absolutely nothing. Moving to NorCal next year.

Short people got no reason to live. Etc etc etc....

Part time triathlete, full time rider, rare racer. Bike commuter (40 miles door to door).

Dogs are my copilot. (Schnauzer and yellow lab to be exact.)

Donwtube shifters are coolio. Campag, fishing reel parts or SRAM are all swell. Superbe Pro is better than fine. I'm in a 12-step to come to grips with the fact that I think ergo bend drop bars are fine.

I also run, swim and lift. Biceps are fine. Wish I had some. Used to climb (sport and some alpine, never had the gear for full-on trad).

Sharks suck.

Chargers, Padres, Robertos, Stone Brewing, Pt Loma Seafoods, etc.

Aspire to own a Hampsten, a Kish, another Serotta, a Luigino, a refurbed XO-1, and want to be the (Grant) of triathlon on a non-aero mid 90s Mandaric-welded QRoo 650-wheeled PR Private Reserve just to be different. --Gasp. Different is fine.

All'salami'I'like'em,
    Scott

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice To Be Here All!

Missed the back-and-forth good stuff.

Thanks Too Tall!

Hans
    Hans Hagman
    Warwick, Rhode Island

Post Thanks / Like

hans joins the ri mafia with william.
    behave yrself hans...
    make sure you pay yr dues...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys,

Miss you and hope to ride with a lot of you at dbrk's Ramble.

Happy Father's Day to lot of you!

John

Taking kids out to play...

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome y'all. GREAT to have all the new folks.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. Didn't do much more that lurk over at S.com. Relatively new cyclist (meaning new compared to such as jerk, atmo, swoop, etc) so I just loved to read and soak it in.... With a few notable exceptions its been a little stale over there lately- no disrespect intended. So here I am and resolve to participate more. Thanks to those who made this forum possible 8)

Keith
    "In the old days when people invented a new function they had something useful in mind."

~Henri Poincare

Post Thanks / Like

keith, please please please feel compelled to not only comment, but throw-up some content. anything thats genuine to you or your interests is golden.

cheers.
    shrink, terrorist, poet, president of concerned cyclists for the abolishment of bovine source bicycle parts and head of the disaffected commie dishwashers union.

Post Thanks / Like

keith,
    i smote you.
    s

post more and you will earn a karma point eventually.
    good yr here.

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy folks. Made the leap from the big S board, and I must say the positive vibe here is refreshing. Having a sense of humor should not be a crime. ;D But enough about other places, I'm just happy to be here now. 8)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I am Jon Foster and am glad to be here. Fast and furious knowledge is addictive,
    -Happy Father's Day, Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by woolly
    Howdy folks. Made the leap from the big S board, and I must say the positive vibe here is refreshing. Having a sense of humor should not be a crime. ;D But enough about other places, I'm just happy to be here now. 8)
    having a sense of humor on this board is a crime.
    riding a bicycle is serious business.
    now, get serious.

how far did you ride today?

enjoy it..its been liberating.

Post Thanks / Like

speaking of sense of humor as price of admission. this karma/smite thing ... has no meaning. its bundled in the forum software. its nothing more than a game of kindergarten tag. so, as a note to anyone and everyone... don't give it any meaning. feel free to smite my icon to test it out. there's no agenda behind it... its just kids wiping boogers on each other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP
    now, get serious.

I am proud to say that I survived a whopping 14.5 miles today, so far. Then I puked.

Up all night with work testing a full data center move. So, 1 hour of sleep, max. Running on coffee and coffee and coffee and altoids. Too little food and waaaay too little water for 100+ degree conditions. Normally when I start a ride feelin' a bit crappy I can "ride into" feelin' better, but not today - I wilted & fell apart in short order. Tooooo effin hot. Poor, poor Chris. :'(

Cooling off w/ some nice cool homemade pedialyte clone, but still too wired to nap. How do people with kids survive the sleep deprivation aspect of it??? I am a big huge sissy.

Anyway, still planning to strap the lights on & go out for a nice leisurely spin after dark - should be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big huge sissy.
    well you're our big sissy atmo.
    Barzini is dead, so is Phillip Tattaglia, Moe Green, Stracci, Cunio. Today
    I settled all family business so don't tell me you're innocent atmo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atmo
    I am a big huge sissy.
    well you're our big sissy atmo.
    Awwww shucks. . . <<blushes & kicks at the gravel in the driveway>>

Post Thanks / Like

take a nap.
    will work wonders...
    as my mother would reply to any bike ride i have ever taken..
    14.5 miles... "really? on a bicycle?"

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP
    now, get serious.

I am proud to say that I survived a whopping 14.5 miles today, so far. Then I puked.

Up all night with work testing a full data center move. So, 1 hour of sleep, max. Running on coffee and coffee and coffee and altoids. Too little food and waaaay too little water for 100+ degree conditions. Normally when I start a ride feelin' a bit crappy I can "ride into" feelin' better, but not today - I wilted & fell apart in short order. Tooooo effin hot. Poor, poor Chris. :'(

Cooling off w/ some nice cool homemade pedialyte clone, but still too wired to nap. How do people with kids survive the sleep deprivation aspect of it??? I am a big huge sissy.

Anyway, still planning to strap the lights on & go out for a nice leisurely spin after dark - should be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Wassup guys? Good to see everybody. Guess I will knock around in the halls and see what it's like here. I am imagining the skin is a little thicker here, huh?

Thanks for the _in_!

Eric
    Should we ever have the opportunity to ride together you will understand my avatar.

Post Thanks / Like

nice to see you eric this is the big boy forum imho
    you will like it here
    cheers
    I love bike racing

Post Thanks / Like

no pissing and moaning here.

unless you are a lakers fan...
    then probably just best to cry out loud.
    sob, moan, beat yr chest..

next year koby