Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6970717273747576777879
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1570

Thread: Welcome. Say hi

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Welcome. Say hi

Took this pick on a ride 2 weeks ago, down on the Murray River. 80km ride, 80%+ dirt roads. Saw less that 10 cars. Gotta love it!....(at least during the summer)

IMG_20170730_123020811_HDR.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DCT View Post
    Hey Rich!

I was in Summerside P.E.I. 10 days ago! Beautiful area and really fun rail trails to ride. I'll be at D2R2, come say hello.
    Look for a few guys wearing Assos or Signature Cycles kit.

Darren
    Awesome; will look for you at D2R2.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, my name is Sam. I live in northern VT where I ride mostly dirt roads and mountain bikes because there isn't that much pavement here. Last year I put together my first true road bike in almost 10 years, a De Rosa Neo Primato. Mostly though it's mountain bikes, CX bikes, and fat bikes in the winter. I landed here a while back looking for some frame building resources and felt like I'd stumbled upon something really unique and interesting. I've read a lot of Smoked Out threads cover to cover and am very interested in all the knowledge that gets shared here. Thanks for being here V Salon!

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see you here Sam.
    Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor rex View Post
    Hi, my name is Sam. I live in northern VT where I ride mostly dirt roads and mountain bikes because there isn't that much pavement here. Last year I put together my first true road bike in almost 10 years, a De Rosa Neo Primato. Mostly though it's mountain bikes, CX bikes, and fat bikes in the winter. I landed here a while back looking for some frame building resources and felt like I'd stumbled upon something really unique and interesting. I've read a lot of Smoked Out threads cover to cover and am very interested in all the knowledge that gets shared here. Thanks for being here V Salon!

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from Texas - Longtime lurker and time to own up! Your posts have been incredibly valuable to me and I thank you, re: 3 Weeks in Italy last year on a bike was seamless, etc. etc., ad nausea.... used to race criteriums around San Antonio 35 years ago and want to show a few of my lovers, viz:IMG_5046.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone! New here and was referred by a friend and wheel builder. Looking forward to the fast knowledge within the confines of the forum as my dream is to retire and build custom frames and bikes. I've got a long road ahead, but I've got the time. Looking forward to what's ahead of me.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Jacob here! 20-something from Santa Cruz, CA. Got here while researching something fork/trail related and have been lurking for a while. Time to contribute I guess! Pretty much just doing a lot of longer but non aggressive riding. A frustration with how gimmicky modern bike culture can be has lead me to seek the world of bikes where things aren't so fucking serious all the time.

Always on a quest to find fellow cyclists who dabble in garbage television like I do (real housewives, rupaul, project runway). Always looking for the nearest taqueria. Always willing to stop and take a break at any point in the ride.

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello to Sterlingus, BigPoser, and Jacob.
    Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all,

I used to hang out here quite a bit, and across the hall as well. Did a few group rides with some folks who are still around here. Was rumored to be e-Richie's long lost cousin, sharing a last name and first initial, but I'm pretty sure there's no relation. Wow, I guess it's been since 2010 - had no idea it'd been THAT long... Oh well, time does get on down the road!

But I haven't been riding much since about 2013 since health problems got in the way. And even once those resolved, I'd just lost the passion and drive to ride enough to stay in shape enough to enjoy it much. So I'm back mostly to try to sell one of my Spectrum frames. Not ready to sell both - not giving up completely. But the more aggressive one just doesn't work for how I ride when I still get out on occasion. I don't have 100 recent posts, so probably nobody will buy from me, but I'll list it anyway and see if anyone is interested. I hope you're all well and look forward to seeing a few familiar faces.

-Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone,
    My name is Alex from London, but living and working in Kenya for the past three years. I did sprinting (track and field) most of my life, then a kiwi workmate bullied me into cycling to work. I'm not an endurance or aerobic creature, so @Jacob, I'd welcome those breaks.
    It turns out I love retro 80's bikes.
    Fast forward a little and earlier this year I did the excellent frame building course at the bicycle academy, Frome with Andrew Denton. Built a beautiful frame that I am very proud of.
    Then on a trip to my then fiance's hometown Seattle, We made our wedding bands at a jewellery workshop under the tutelage of one Richard Paille. Richard and I got talking, which turned to bikes and he apparently supplies some frame builders with torch tips. And it was he that introduced me to this site. So, a long story, but that is how I came to be here.

I've read some really interesting things on the site, particularly Doug Fattic and the acetylene Vs propane thread.
    I'm hoping to learn more about building bicycles here. My end goal is to contract a firm to build a new bicycle that I'm designing. On the way, I'll be doing the prototyping and development myself.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Alex