Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1629

Thread: Welcome. Say hi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Welcome. Say hi

-- & welcome.., DJBCFP12 & joev.., to our corner of the world..

ronnie with a smile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Indiana!

Heard about VS from the pace line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Texas

I stumbled onto the forum and enjoyed reading the content here.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey All - another person from paceline. Located in the bay area and ride road, mtb, and bmx for fun. I'm not a racer, but used to wrench, manage a few shops, and help companies with events. I'm excited to add another forum to my morning/night reads. cheers!

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A hearty V Place lunchtable-ish welcome to Zee, kytyree, and dy74n.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    A hearty V Place lunchtable-ish welcome to Zee, kytyree, and dy74n.
    Thank you, sir. I was just reading your smoked-out pros, and will be for the next few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! Brand new to this forum as of not too long ago. My name is Trent and I live in Eugene, OR. I work for one of the fastest growing breweries in the state and do sales. The only way I can balance all the beer consumed is riding! LOL. I heard about this place from the paceline. They refer to it as "across the hall" lol. Stoked to be part of this community though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PNW View Post
    Hello! Brand new to this forum as of not too long ago. My name is Trent and I live in Eugene, OR. I work for one of the fastest growing breweries in the state and do sales. The only way I can balance all the beer consumed is riding! LOL. I heard about this place from the paceline. They refer to it as "across the hall" lol. Stoked to be part of this community though!
    Hi PNW and welcome. This place isn't "across the hall" and neither is The Paceline. The term, first used in 2005 (by me, in yet another room) refers to the old Frame Forum that was based in England. There was a thread about fork rake and I mentioned that it seemed like one we were having across the hall on the British board. A decade and then some passes, and here we are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All- New to the group and happy to be on board. My name is Eben Kellogg and l live in Austin, TX. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend of long rides and good times. Cheers. EK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Eben. Enjoy, this is a fun place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there. I am Marty. I found this site while googling the brand of a frame that I picked up over the weekend. This is the only site that seemed to have any info about it.
    I like to find interesting frames, build them up, ride them, and either sell them or add them to my small collection. Currently, my favorite bike is a 1983 Puch Austro-Daimler that I have built up as a single speed:

217529_94212.jpg - Google Drive

I will post about the latest frame I scooped up in a new thread somewhere more appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

Have been 'lurking' for a while, trying to learn as much as I can. I'm Erik, for Assen in The Netherlands. Did a course at Bekking Frameworks last year, where I built my first fillet-brazed frame and loved every minute of it. At the moment I'm working on finishing the second frame, which I brazed at Bekking's workshop, because I didn't have the equipment yet. I do have it now, having bought a jig and an oxy-propane set from a builder that stopped, but still need to work out how to use the stuff properly. Having a busy day job at a high school and a toddler running around the house leaves too little time to build, unfortunately...

Regards,

Erik

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to VSalon meezy and Erik!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New member and long time lurker. I'm a cyclist with a subscript c -- as in commuter, and a mechanical engineer by training. New to Southern California (San Diego) and maybe having lost some of the cycling community I found most recently in DC am reaching out more in online communities and finding others who geek out over everything pedal powered. I am also discovering all the fun/painful things (long form gravel/adventure riding etc, who knows may see me at a cross race) I can do with my sweet Ti cross bike (Mosaic!) outside of simply going to work. Thanks for the inspiration and keep it wheel!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great intro. Kutta. Welcome. You won't miss DC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all. First time poster on here, but long time member over on WW. Been riding for about 10 years now, started off as a fixie hipster, eventually moving to an area with a velodrome, so I got into track racing. Got a road bike to supplement the pista time and did crit and road racing for a few years. Now I just ride for enjoyment and the competitive trash talking that goes with group riding. Italian bikes are the only way I know. Check my velospace for the deets :)

the blue one
    c658f4b69fc925aa0c6fa7d391400a83.jpg

the pista

the modern roadie

cheers!
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum Dave! Make yourself at home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All: I am Rich A from Prince Edward Island, Canada. I have been lurking on the forms for several years but never posted; came across VS while looking for information on the D2R2. After several years of thinking about doing D2R2, finally got to work preparing for it this year. Doing the 115km to start and hope to ramp up to the full 180km next year. I have never raced but tend to gravitate to longer distance events for a challenge: D2R2, Hotter 'en Hell 100, PEI Tip to Tip. Maximum distance for a 1 day ride is 286 KM/177 miles.

I've been riding for close to 40 years total, at varying levels of consistency, mostly on roads with just a little mountain biking. In the past couple of years I have migrated to dirt/gravel riding. As I've gotten older, the idea of having to trust drivers to keep me help keep me safe on the roads has seemed like less and less of a good idea. So now I ride the dirt and can do 60 or 100 km and see fewer cars than I can count on my hands.

Current bikes are ones that I have built up myself from part I have had around. One based on a 2005ish Giant Rainier mountain frame and the other using a 1086 Steve Bauer Chinook Tange steel road frame.

Tons of great information here on the threads. Hope to be able to contribute a bit to maybe help someone else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandtimepe View Post
    Hi All: I am Rich A from Prince Edward Island, Canada. I have been lurking on the forms for several years but never posted; came across VS while looking for information on the D2R2. After several years of thinking about doing D2R2, finally got to work preparing for it this year. Doing the 115km to start and hope to ramp up to the full 180km next year. I have never raced but tend to gravitate to longer distance events for a challenge: D2R2, Hotter 'en Hell 100, PEI Tip to Tip. Maximum distance for a 1 day ride is 286 KM/177 miles.

I've been riding for close to 40 years total, at varying levels of consistency, mostly on roads with just a little mountain biking. In the past couple of years I have migrated to dirt/gravel riding. As I've gotten older, the idea of having to trust drivers to keep me help keep me safe on the roads has seemed like less and less of a good idea. So now I ride the dirt and can do 60 or 100 km and see fewer cars than I can count on my hands.

Current bikes are ones that I have built up myself from part I have had around. One based on a 2005ish Giant Rainier mountain frame and the other using a 1086 Steve Bauer Chinook Tange steel road frame.

Tons of great information here on the threads. Hope to be able to contribute a bit to maybe help someone else.
    Welcome Rich. My wife and I vacationed on PEI several times, twice in Murray Harbour. Beautiful. I loved the canola fields. Rarely have I seen colors so lush.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandtimepe View Post
    Hi All: I am Rich A from Prince Edward Island, Canada.
    Hey Rich!

I was in Summerside P.E.I. 10 days ago! Beautiful area and really fun rail trails to ride. I'll be at D2R2, come say hello.
    Look for a few guys wearing Assos or Signature Cycles kit.

Darren