User Tag List

Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 6263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1633

Thread: Welcome. Say hi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Welcome. Say hi

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA View Post
    VaughnA,

Found this site through frequent links by all of my Custom Riding friends on Facebook and RoadbikeReview. Also following the stream of consciousness of links when researching customs. And now ready to pick up my dream bike from Tim at Shamrock on Sunday at the Philly Bike Expo..

I'll be here often.
    Welcome, VaughnA! Make sure to posts some photos of that new Shamrock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all.

Found the site a while ago, probably through Google. It's become a big source for me for reference, ride inspiration, and let's be honest, time wasting for those days when I just can't be outside. Decided it was time to stop spectating and start participating.

I was also motivated to join when I realized that forum member wfstekl is probably the guy that used to coach me back in the day. Don't know if he remembers, but I'm sure it was quite the Sisyphean task.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey,

I've been a member for a little while now. Trying to use it as resource for building racks and frames someday in my garage. I took Paul B's class in Abbotsford, BC last winter and am hooked.

I'll be honest, my main motivation for taking the course was to build a bike that could handle 220mm cranks. I'm 6'8" and am tired of riding bikes that don't fit.

Through a small kick-starter-esque email chain, I've managed to raise approx. $2000 to buy a torch, gas, oxy, a few tools, 4130 tube and make porteur racks and rando racks for friends over the winter. I've been enjoying it so far (I've been doing this for the last 6 or 7 years out of my parent's farm and decided to get my own outfit now)

I've also spent tons of time on this forum, geeking out on threads....can't wait to continue!!

Thanks to everyone who contributes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff from Tucson. Been riding my hacked '10 Ponderosa as a commuter a lot more than I've been riding my 08 69er in the dirt - need to look into that.

Looking forward to looking around the forum!

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to V Place ltwiens38, m_b_b, and fearnone atmo. Nice to see you here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fearnow View Post
    Jeff from Tucson. Been riding my hacked '10 Ponderosa as a commuter a lot more than I've been riding my 08 69er in the dirt - need to look into that.

Looking forward to looking around the forum!
    ---- tucson.., what beautiful memories..
    welcome to enjoyment and friendship..

ronnie with a smile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all. Bob here from Denver. Found this site several years ago researching questions about wheelbuilding, custom frame builders, and other general bike-related issues and finally thought I might join.
    Raced in college (road), life got in the way, hope to race again.
    My favorite ride remains my 1984 Bianchi Professional that has been lovingly maintained, though I am anxiously awaiting delivery of a new Ti frame that will be its modern brother.
    Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings from Spokane. Currently spending time on a custom hand-me-down frame from the 80's. Looking forward to spending time on the boards and being exposed to the institutional knowledge available here.
    -Yoash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're all welcome!

And hopefully you'll be out having a nice ride today (it's bloody windy up to 35mph in London)
    Andrea "Gattonero" Cattolico, head mechanic @Condor Cycles London

"Caron, non ti crucciare:
    vuolsi così colà dove si puote
    ciò che si vuole, e più non dimandare"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My turn to be the new guy. I found this site after a web search, and was thrilled to find that Mike Zank is a frequent poster here: I have been admiring and aspiring to his frame welds on a couple different welding sites for some time now. I've been a cyclist (road and mountain) for a long time, and have started TIG welding; I've had the idea of building a frame churning through my mind and as a start I've read the Paterek manual. Hoping to find info and inspiration here, hoping I can share whatever I can in return.

Screen name Artie F. Emm is my idea of a joke, busting on the techie pejorative "RTFM".

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really new, joined a while back but have been busy riding...

I'm in the market for a custom ti all arounder, plan on starting the build next year once I've decided on a builder, so I will be hanging out here and researching to help me decide. I want a gravel/trail/road bike to complement my Merlin Cyrene road bike, which is being repaired with a small crack in the head tube. Speaking of which - any ideas on someone to fabricate a custom head badge for the Cyrene? The repair involves a new head tube which means I lose the engraving that came on it. I'm thinking of one modeled off one of the older Merlin badges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To BobY, Yoash, Dave, and BetweenRides -

It's nice to see you four here.
    A hearty V Place welcome atmo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- a smile to/for all..
    from a merlin cyrene to rs years past & never
    over my shouldered..
    ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everybody!! And thanks for letteing me be able to take part in such a great site!! I love bikes, and they changed my life and still does!! I found this site throu framebuilders collective when i was looking there!! My dream is to be able to make my own frame and ride it!! Im from Norway, and have 4 bikes i ride regular. And some projects i ride when i can. The 2 im like the most is my Tommasini Tecno Extra. With colombus tubing. And a Stanton Sherpa 29er with Reynolds 853..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, Brevik78!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted to this thread early on, I think. The frame thing didn't work out then, chasing it now...
    glad you're all still here, sad to see the framebuilders collective isn't what it once was or could have been.
    John Hall

biasworkshop.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey y'all, I'm Richard. I found my way over after one of your other members had shown me some of the frame building work posted to this board. Thought I would come in and speak up in hopes that it helps somebody out. Been around bikes, riding and wrenching for the last 20 years or better, and below is the link to my personal bike building efforts that dates back a few of those years. I'm always tinkering and trying new things, and am looking forward to further participating here, as it seems like a great resource with good folks. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moustache View Post
    Hey y'all, I'm Richard. I found my way over after one of your other members had shown me some of the frame building work posted to this board. Thought I would come in and speak up in hopes that it helps somebody out. Been around bikes, riding and wrenching for the last 20 years or better, and below is the link to my personal bike building efforts that dates back a few of those years. I'm always tinkering and trying new things, and am looking forward to further participating here, as it seems like a great resource with good folks. Thanks.

Welcome Richard, and belated Happy New Year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moustache View Post
    -----------------------------------

-- welcome my friend..

with a smile..,

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John in New York City here. Now that I've posted to a thread I might as well come out from the tall grass.

Here mostly to join in the chatter and get ideas for inspiring rides in the Northeast.