User Tag List

Page 69 of 82 FirstFirst ... 596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1629

Thread: Welcome. Say hi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Welcome. Say hi

Hey! I'm John. I am a manufacturing and industrial technology student that rides bike constantly with access to a big shop. I'm almost ashamed to say how many hours I've looked at bikes online just to see what cool ideas people can dream up. The Friday Night Lights thread was always among the top places to find cool bikes so that's how I ended up here. When I graduate in May, I'll be in Cartersville, GA looking for people to meet up with and do some easy rides so I can learn the roads. Thanks for having a forum like this.

JH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good evening All,

My name is Trevor, and like many of you, really enjoy bikes. As a long time lurker of the forum, I have enjoyed the loads of information that is present here. I work as a manufacturing engineer of heavy equipment, but am really hoping to learn more about the processes behind building frames. I have moved around the country for the past few years, but am hoping to find a place to start learning the basics of brazing, lugs, and even TIG welding when I get to central Illinois.. I own a smattering of bicycles in nearly every material, and enjoy them all. My current favorite is a Tommasini Diamante, but I am really excited to get my Columbus MAX Koga-Miyata finished up and on the road. Thanks for being such a great forum; I really enjoy the FNL posts, and look forward to seeing more of them in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Hollowgram. Out of hiding is a good thng.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've lurked casually a bit...Heard about this place again from some guys at Signature Cycles.

I ...err... have done a lot of things. Rode a lot as a kid, Newsday ACE carrier... Spent some time in Uncle Sam's Yacht Club, ran around on flightdecks fixin' and shooting Tomcats...Played in bands in NYC for about 20 years, have done a bunch of work in IT, hate it! Am 44yo and am built like a master descender thanks to BEER, got back into riding again to straighten my mind & body out. Going on 2 years now, about 15k miles.

Currently riding a 2014 Salsa Ti Warbird with various cRab0n accoutrements, November RAIL 52s...I dig tubeless & discs and I make it work well. I like riding around the NYC & tri-State area...I'm a fan of North of Westchester and Connecticut, love getting over into Joisey, Harriman and all that. Going to be doing an Adirondack tour late this Summer, then some Vermont Fall foliage miles...I have a Bengal, an evil spotted Bengal.

Name is Martin, a pleasure to make yer acquaintances!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot recall how I found this place. It must have come up on a Google search for something bike related...

Love steel, ride steel, want more steel. Love the mountains but a shit climber. Enjoy being in the company of those who work with their hands.

A MAMiL in the flattest part of Belgium.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome aboard, Chikashi!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Martin and Chikashi!

Martin, we have a pets gallery thread if you want to show off some pics of that evil Bengal. http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum...-10814-43.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone. My name is Ken and I live in Fort Worth. Have been a long-time reader and finally signed-up last night.

I grew up in Utah and used to do a lot of mountain biking. Got into cross last year and have started road-riding about three months ago -- using my cross bike. For the very first time, I will have 400 road-miles in a month. I know that's not a lot for many of you, but it's something for me. I have always been a ball-player and into dynamic sports. This endurance thing is kicking my derriere. At 6'1, 208 lbs, with a pretty muscular built, climbing is a pain. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey hi hello friends,
    Don't think I've ever introduced myself. I found this site via Google searches for steel bikes and was drawn in by the atmosphere and in depth content on the forum. Pretty awesome set of people here no doubt.
    I used to race road and mtn locally here in Delaware and the surrounding states, I was diagnosed with an acute onset of Crohn's disease in 2011. Literally overnight my whole life changed. After many failed treatment attempts involing heavy immunomodulator, anti TNF alfa blockers (your immune systems inflammation response) and some lukemia medicines- oral chemo, I had to have a pretty major surgery in September 2014. At 31 y/o I had a total colectomy and have a permanent ileostomy (colostomy but ending at the end of my small intestines- no more large bowels now). So I'm just starting to get back casually riding again after a surgery to repair some complications from the first operation. So, safe to say I'm learning everyday how to live with my new appliance. It's trying no doubt, but I'd do it again to rid myself of the pain and threat of perforated/ruptured bowel, the surgery literally saved my life. My large bowel walls were so thin my surgeon said if it perforates at any moment it would not take him by surprise, it was essential to cut out the deteriorated bowel or the impending perforation and sepsis was right around the corner.
    Slowly but surely I'm getting there! So that's pretty much the important details about me, and I love talking with, helping in any way I can others that have an ostomy or suffer from a form of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. SO incredibly painful and miserable, and very misunderstood. I didn't even know what Crohn's Disease was until I was DX'd. I know what it is to really suffer from something you've got no control over, and being debilitating as well as being an "invisible" disease can make it very tough trying to converse with healthy people about the disease and obstacles it presents. Nothing like talking to another that walks in the same shoes, kind of like cyclists, the camaraderie associated with IBD is just a given. Again, any way I could be of help. If you've got family, friends; whoever, don't hesitate to link me up with them for some support and experience, after all the greatest gift of helping others being it actually helps me even more. Sign me up.

Alrighty ladies and gents,
    Thank you all for the wisdom and welcoming demeanor!

Justin Rogers
    facebook.com/Justin.Rogers.378

No Colon Still Rollin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A V Place welcome to Ken and Justin.
    Lunch is served 24/7 here atmo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi VSalon,

I signed up recently and have been really enjoying the discussion and people here. Before i joined in I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Andrew, and I live in Berkeley, CA, where I'm a phd student (sociology). Formerly lived in Portland, OR, and before that, Florida. I'm 31, and have been riding for over a decade now. It's been a growing obsession over that time, moving from a more efficent mode of transport than my skateboard, to a "lifestyle" / hobby, to now all of those plus a way of staying in shape. I hope to start racing next season.

I have a small collection of bikes, mostly '70s' - '80s steel Italian road bikes with period equipment, though I'm currently finishing up an '80s Montello built with modern Campagnolo. Hope to add some American builders to the mix soon.

I try to carve out time to ride every day, and am always up for company. I'll try to join in on the next group ride in the area.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Drew, we hope to be your distraction during what is no question a rough next couple years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Everyone, I'm Kevin.
    Year round commuter (car-less since 2010, I know, almost as bad as a vegan), Mountain, Road, Cross. Raced a bit, hope to more in the future.

I've been lurking for the last 6 months, figured it's time to throw my hat in the ring.
    I heard about this place in my quest for frame building information (About to start #1 soon).
    Haven't spent much time looking at forums until early this year.

12-30-2014 I was involved in a quite serious workplace accident. I've been at home, couch bound a large part since.
    Long story short, I have all my pieces still attached, PT is going well, working from home (CAD), riding the Wahoo, slowly getting better.

This place has been an amazing distraction through this whole crazy ordeal.
    Not knowing any of you in person, I look forward to every FNL's, Weekly ride reports, etc to keep me sane.

Thanks everyone.

I hope to make Ballers w/ one of my frames once I'm 100% and meet you guys in the future!
    Last edited by Animus Cycle Fab; 07-31-2015 at 11:37 AM. Reason: can't type
    Kevin Cowham

(Say Cow-um)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, Kevin! Heal up fast so you can post some of your own ride reports.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long time lurker first time poster blah blah...

I'll be quick with the introductions....

Got into the bike biz as a college kid in 2001 working at a local shop for some extra cash. Quickly found I was going to be pretty obsessive about bikes. Dove into riding and racing.
    Spent 5 years at that local shop then left to start my own shop with a few partners (Carytown Bikes). Did that for 8 years. Started a small bike company along the way with a good friend (endpoint). Sold my part of the shop to reboot and put more effort into the bike company and start a new shop with a new focus.

Virginia born, in Richmond since 1997.

I have too many bikes according to my wife and never enough time to ride them all.

Maybe I'll meet some of you this September.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet! Welcome and looking forward to meeting sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by rideendpoint View Post
    Long time lurker first time poster blah blah...

I'll be quick with the introductions....

Got into the bike biz as a college kid in 2001 working at a local shop for some extra cash. Quickly found I was going to be pretty obsessive about bikes. Dove into riding and racing.
    Spent 5 years at that local shop then left to start my own shop with a few partners (Carytown Bikes). Did that for 8 years. Started a small bike company along the way with a good friend (endpoint). Sold my part of the shop to reboot and put more effort into the bike company and start a new shop with a new focus.

Virginia born, in Richmond since 1997.

I have too many bikes according to my wife and never enough time to ride them all.

Maybe I'll meet some of you this September.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,
    Dom here. Denverite, Husband, Father, Commuter, Roadie, Mountain biker, Bikepacker, Product designer. I came across the blog last week when someone posted on New Tool Tuesday about one of our tools. Looking forward to joining more conversations to further feed my one track mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dlovely View Post
    Hi all,
    Dom here. Denverite, Husband, Father, Commuter, Roadie, Mountain biker, Bikepacker, Product designer. I came across the blog last week when someone posted on New Tool Tuesday about one of our tools. Looking forward to joining more conversations to further feed my one track mind.
    Welcome, Dom!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, my name is Kevin and I found out about this place from another rider in Jersey.

I am a PA boy but have lived in Central NJ for 14 years now. I grew up skating, got a MTB in high school, switched to trials in college and then solely BMX trail riding and street for 5 or 6 year, back to MTB and then to the road. At this point I am mainly a roadie as the convenience of riding out my door is too easy. Love riding the Delaware River basin with its short, steep climbs. I am not sure I am a climber but it is where i suck the least. I have an eye for fine bikes and fine bike clothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From one Jersey boy to another, welcome Kevin.