Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome. Say hi

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Welcome. Say hi

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Robb
    well I was on that other forum wondering where my pals had gone when someone posted a link to this place. Being lemming-like I followed it and here I am.

My new training regimen has me spending 25 times as many hours on-line than on-bike. My climbing is worse than ever. Do I need a new coach? Carbon wheels? Should I install the as-yet-unused 24 tooth small ring I've been saving in the tool box for my old age which apparently has arrived?
    Ignore the age thing. It will go away.

-JimD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atmo
    connecticut carma crated to the coastline catmo.
    holy karmoly, i leave for a quick ride on my steel steed and return to such generosity.

i'm just a retired investor living on a fixed income. ;)

thanks for the warm welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave1215
    holy karmoly, i leave for a quick ride on my steel steed and return to such generosity.
    i'm just a retired investor living on a fixed income. ;)
    thanks for the warm welcome.
    Atmo: I'm just a retired investor with a pension, I went to Israel because as a Jew I wanted to live there in my twilight years.
    Reporter: Is it true you're worth 300 million dollars?
    Atmo: I'm just a retired investor with a pension, I came here to vote in the elections because they wouldn't give me an absentee ballot.
    Barzini is dead, so is Phillip Tattaglia, Moe Green, Stracci, Cunio. Today
    I settled all family business so don't tell me you're innocent atmo.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi from PaulE, same PaulE as the other place. I rode 55 miles Sunday and 32 miles Saturday, may get to ride again before the weekend. How did I find this place?

Johnny Ola told me about this; I didn't believe it. ... but seeing is believing. Ole Johnny knows all the places. I tol' you... can you believe it? The old man Roth, would never come; but Johnny knows these places like the back of his hand...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm FerrousWheels, I like that play on words, and had to use it. My bikes are steel - steel Serotta, steel Gary Fisher and an old steel Bridgestone from my high school days back in the seventies (love that old SunTour / Sugino / Sakae SR stuff). I'm also in a queue for a new modern steel bike. So FerrousWheels works for me. I'm looking forward to participating on this board.

Call me Steve if you'd like. Its my name.

Finally, I love all those Godfather quotes. There are many times at work (corporate desk job, not a professional gambler) when a quote from the Godfather is just completely appropriate. Hyman Roth is an all time fave. Lee S. could've been my grandfather's twin brother.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FerrousWheels

Finally, I love all those Godfather quotes. There are many times at work (corporate desk job, not a professional gambler) when a quote from the Godfather is just completely appropriate. Hyman Roth is an all time fave.
    if i could only live to see it, to be there with you. what i wouldn't give for twenty more years! here
    we are, protected, free to make our posts without serotta andrew, the goddamn marketing department,
    and the other lurkers ninety miles away, in partnership with a friendly message board. ninety miles!
    it's nothing! just one small step, looking for a man who wants to be supreme mouthpiece, and having
    the 1s and 0s to make it possible. josh, we're bigger than u.s. steel atmo.
    Barzini is dead, so is Phillip Tattaglia, Moe Green, Stracci, Cunio. Today
    I settled all family business so don't tell me you're innocent atmo.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm FerrousWheels, I like that play on words, and had to use it.
    Please don't make me read that name on this forum. How 'bout you change it to Steel Wheels and you can tell us lies about how you worked on the Stone's road crew?
    "It's better to not know so much than to know so many things that ain't so." -- Josh Billings, 1885

A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome—in the end we are not only defined by our friends, but also those aligned against us.

Post Thanks / Like

I want you all to enjoy the forum, so uh... enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

I want you all to enjoy the forum, so uh... enjoy.
    Don't take it personal. It's just that it's personal.
    "It's better to not know so much than to know so many things that ain't so." -- Josh Billings, 1885

A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome—in the end we are not only defined by our friends, but also those aligned against us.

Post Thanks / Like

I said to myself, this is the username I've chosen; I didn't ask who likes it, because it had everything to do with punny business!

Post Thanks / Like

I know it was you ATMO. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!

Post Thanks / Like

I said to myself, this is the username I've chosen; I didn't ask who likes it, because it had everything to do with punny business!
    No seriously. It's not even punny, Liberace. Every time I see it I picture you as an overweight dude in girl pants and smudged mascara. Steelwheels. Now that's a cool name. You should use it. Seriously.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Rodi (aka Parlee_Z1) checking in. Thanks to Steve H. for the tip. Nice to see this come together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parlee_z1
    Nice to see this come together.
    Cool it, this is a family site.

Post Thanks / Like

Missed reading the water cooler banter, happy to have found this place. doing the polite thing and checking in here rather than eavesdropping anonymously.

Post Thanks / Like

finally found my way to the lunch room after missing the few bells. Good to see the band is still together. I though the rapture happened and I didnt get to go.

Hup

Post Thanks / Like

let me be the first to smite you.
    s

Quote Originally Posted by hupomone
    finally found my way to the lunch room after missing the few bells. Good to see the band is still together. I though the rapture happened and I didnt get to go.

Hup

Post Thanks / Like

Finally, I love all those Godfather quotes. There are many times at work (corporate desk job, not a professional gambler) when a quote from the Godfather is just completely appropriate.
    Marketing department? You can have my answer now, if you like. My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for posting threads or replies, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally.

Post Thanks / Like

" leave the gun,
    take the cannolis "

i love that line.
    makes me hungry

Post Thanks / Like

OK Pucci, I've made the leap (and not just for SRAM).

Too many good folks over here not to come and play.

BK
    HED wheel devotee

Age is a case of Mind over Matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter !!