User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VSalon Member Ride Reports October 25-31 From the St. Ghastly Grim to Frankenstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VSalon Member Ride Reports October 25-31 From the St. Ghastly Grim to Frankenstein

The Gate at St Olave's on Hart St or as Charles Dickens wrote 'The Churchyard of the St. Ghastly Grim' in The Uncommercial Traveller.

and off to the Hardy Tree at the St. Pancras Old Church. Before he became a famous author, Thomas Hardy moved the graves at the church graveyard to make room for the St. Pancras train station. The old graveyard made a cameo in Charles Dickens 'Tale of Two Cities' with the grave robbers. And maybe a little more creepy, Mary Wollstonecraft Godwin met her lover, Percy Shelley at her mother's grave. They later eloped to Europe. You know the rest of the story of Mary Shelley.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: VSalon Member Ride Reports October 25-31 From the St. Ghastly Grim to Frankenstei

BREW'd down on some dirt around DuPont today.IMG_3426 by Clyde the Pointer, on FlickrIMG_3428 by Clyde the Pointer, on FlickrIMG_3430 by Clyde the Pointer, on Flickr

Today I rode my bike. Not super far only about 30 mi, not super fast cause I'm not. But I know tomorrow I'll be dealing with mEtH and pEp pIlLs and bOoZe like you will never know. And I am grateful that for today, I didn't know.
    Tim Campen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: VSalon Member Ride Reports October 25-31 From the St. Ghastly Grim to Frankenstei

The weekend forecast looks daunting, so make hay while the sun (doesn’t) shine.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windsor in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug…was Her Majesty in residence?
    rw saunders

Eastern Vermont, White River Junction-Hanover, NH area
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice ride with my sweetie along the river which is also a state line.

Tough to compete with these other photos of royalty coffee shops and weekend getaway castles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful photos there, @vertical_doug. Are those shot with a phone cam or a real one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HorsCat View Post
    Beautiful photos there, @vertical_doug. Are those shot with a phone cam or a real one?
    Iphone XR, the latest iphone cams are better still.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Doug…was Her Majesty in residence?
    I believe so. The Royal Standard was flying so Her Majesty was in residence. If the Union Jack is flown, she is absent.
    The naughty prince is there too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    I believe so. The Royal Standard was flying so Her Majesty was in residence. If the Union Jack is flown, she is absent.
    For you anglophiles

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ital-stay.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    Yep…when we visited Windsor 2.5 years ago, I thought that my wife was going to levitate 5’ as HRM’s standard was flying that weekend.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Happy to be out under blue skies today. Got the last bit of sunshine, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neighbors called and said come see the greenhouse we're building so I got on my bike and rode over to see it and it was nice and weird and I asked can I ride my bike through to the other road yes they said so I went over and there was a guy and I said can I ride through to the other road and he said no it is private property now so I went around and then got on the road I wanted to check out for a route towards Alford and Stockbridge and rode up it wasn't so bad and it was gravel and had nice trees so then I went down the other side and back around to home again 9.8 miles and 1014 feet of climbing then I had a sandwich.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Punctuation is overrated.

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's snowing now, so I'm very glad I got this in yesterday. Quick 20k to pickup some special order bits at one of the excellent LBSs here in Calgary:

The Wahoo route finder seems to take me on either 16% road climbs to get home or this on loose gravel:

Christmas Lunch habit brought to you by too many quick meals at Pręt in Central London:

Oh, Canada:

This one is turning my postage stamp of a rear lawn into his own muddy cross course:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to add a little color to an otherwise drizzly morning…always peaceful on Hill ‘N’ Dale Lane.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've had a change of venue. We're just north of Madrid for the next 14 months or so. It was a project to get the bike and gear through customs, a three week project and about $300 in import duties. Next time I'll pay the extra and bring it all on the plane!
    bruceking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny week for riding:

Sun/Mon/Tues I was cycling in the high desert of southern AZ, less than 300 miles from the Mexican border;
    Fri & Sat I was cycling in the Catskill Mountains of upstate NY, less than 300 miles from the Canadian border.

Both beautiful. (Sorry, no pics.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m envious Bruce.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I told myself I should take some pics on our group ride today.
    That thought went away on a beautiful sunny cool windy day in fall colors.
    We were all energized.
    Same thing happened over beers post-ride.
    Not a thought of taking a pic.
    Just an in the moment day.
    Not many more before the sht sets in.
    There will be bright spots, but not like today.
    No regrets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast