Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vittoria and Graphene

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vittoria and Graphene

Are any of you running on the new 2016 vittoria tires with graphene added to the compound? Have you noticed an improvement in durability? (I know there was an earlier thread, this is more a real world follow-up)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Vittoria and Graphene

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    Are any of you running on the new 2016 vittoria tires with graphene added to the compound? Have you noticed an improvement in durability? (I know there was an earlier thread, this is more a real world follow-up)
    Impatiently waiting for the TLR version to be available in the UK
    Real World persona : Andy Corso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug, this won't be too helpful because it's early days for me with these tires but in 300 miles on the 25 Corsas there is zero discernible wear on the front and just a hint of a hint of wear on the rear. They ride very, very well on the Shamal Milles I used on my Kirk for a Signature trip to the Santa Monica mountains a couple weeks ago. Braking and aggressive descending were stellar. We'll have to see how they hold up over the long haul. On the Milles the 25 Corsa measures to exactly 26mm, btw. This particular combo is extremely smooth and comfortable, too. I'm over 200 lbs and use 90 in the front and 100 in the rear. I am very sold so far. HTH, Tim

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll echo Tim's comments. dont have a ton of miles on them yet, but all indications are very good on the G+ graphene tires, both in corsa badging and rubino. it's just an amateur guess, but to me, i think they do ride a touch better than the outgoing open corsa line. with this latest tech update - i dont think you can buy a better set of clincher tires for the road right now.

i'm very curious to hear any reviews of the tubular version of these tires myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure they are nice tires but this sounds like a lot of marketing to me. Remember a few years ago when everyone started using the term "Nanotechnology" or "Nanoparticles" in their copy? This sounds a lot like 2016's Nano.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These better be good (I am pretty sure they are) as they are more expensive than FMB or veloflex.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    These better be good (I am pretty sure they are) as they are more expensive than FMB or veloflex.
    give them a year until the appropriate crooked distribution channels get worked out in a back room of a european bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    give them a year until the appropriate crooked distribution channels get worked out in a back room of a european bar.
    That's my plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankfully I've got a multi-year supply of Veloflexes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just picked up some 27mm Pave tubulars for my rain bike for under $50 as they're being phased out to make way for the Graphenes. It's tough though, to think of a better performing tire for my type of riding than a Veloflex Roubaix and I owe Saab and Lionel for the Veloflex addiction. Maybe I'll try the Graphenes some day...who knows.
    rw saunders
    everything is connected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been riding a pair of the 25 Corsa Gs for the past month and a half. I'm very impressed with them. I've had zero flats, and I live in a major city. The rear tire has almost no wear on it which continues to astound me. I've got around 800 miles on them and I weigh 150lbs. I would prefer these over the Corsa SC 25 tubulars I have on my race wheels. They do run big, I have old skool mavic rims and on those they measure closer to 26.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any thoughts on wet weather grip on these new Graphene tires?

Was scared away from Veloflex a few years ago after having several scary moments on the Corsa CX II tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got them (Corsa 25c tubs) for €75 a pop but have installed it only on the front. The tread still looks brand new after about 1100 km. I think Veloflex (Roubaix) is a touch superior in terms of grip as well as ride quality. The opinion on grip is based solely on one incident where I felt the front slip a bit more than I would have expected on a damp cobbled stretch that's not too degraded. I can't say that the Veloflex would have a better grip if I went through the same stretch, down the same line, under the same conditions, with my body in the same position over the bike, at the same speed, etc, etc.

So far, I think there is substance to their claim, not just a clever marketing story.

By the way, the branding on the tubs is on one side only, so you might want to be careful about the direction when mounting if you want to ensure that both wheels have the graphics on the same side.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teletori View Post
    Any thoughts on wet weather grip on these new Graphene tires?

Was scared away from Veloflex a few years ago after having several scary moments on the Corsa CX II tires.
    Excellent grip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need price to drop to normal Vittoria levels, and then I will convert.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what's the replacement for the Pave CG III in 27 in this new graphene line?

I've got a small supply of Pave (nice prices in recent months), plus a couple Veloflex Corsas...

I need to know *immediately* what to do when this supply runs out...

Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TTX1, I'm thinking it's the Corsa 28 replacing the Pave 28.

The transition question is a big one for me too. In my small stash have a couple pairs of Corsa Elite 25 tubs here and a pair of 25mm SC tubs too. I may grab some of the Pave 27s at those great prices....

I do have a pair of Vflex Vlaandren 27s I just picked up for a not-unreasonable price but am having second thoughts now; have to decide if I should glue them on my Nemesis, or perhaps sell them and ride the less expensive Paves and then move to the graphene Corsa 28s. Does make me wonder about the value if they're pricier than Vflex or FMBs.... Decisions, decisions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or maybe this will be out by the time your stash runs out:

Flanders Tech: Next gen prototype Vittoria classics tubular spotted on Giant-Alpecin & Orica-AIS - Bikerumor

As an alternative, I'm probably going to replace my Paves with Clement LGG 28s next spring. They seem to play a similar role and might be a bit more flat-proof.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking for a set of Vlaandren tires, but got a deal on some new Arenberg (Veloflex).
    These new Vittoria tires are super pricey, and they better warrant the price with performance.
    Veloflex Roubaix/Arenberg tires have been so solid. They roll uber fast and the grip is amazing.
    I bought a pair of Corsa SC 25 tubular tires a few years back. One ride a sidewall blowout... I haven't ridden a Vittoria tubular tire since then..
    I do love the natural sidewall color, so when the prices drop or I build up enough biketiresdirect points, I'll snag a pair..
    Did I read someone selling a set of Vlaandren tires? Bikepalast is the go to place for Veloflex tires on the cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    Cheaper than FMB. As I think you told me about Veloflex, if you know where to look.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast