User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Velocipede Salon Member Ride Reports October 7 to October 13, golden rays of Autumn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Velocipede Salon Member Ride Reports October 7 to October 13, golden rays of Autu

Never mind

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Velocipede Salon Member Ride Reports October 7 to October 13, golden rays of Autu

Quote Originally Posted by Bobonli View Post

Bobonli,

That doesn't look like any part of Long Island that I am aware of. Great pics! Where is this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dcama5 View Post
    Bobonli,

That doesn't look like any part of Long Island that I am aware of. Great pics! Where is this?
    Yes sometimes Bob On LI leaves LI! That is the ‘Gunks, in Mohonk Preserve in New Paltz. There’s a multi use trail from downtown New Paltz into the Preserve, then a small fee to hike or bike the preserve’s trails. The tower is Skytop and I must issue a disclaimer: I shouldn’t have been there on a bike. The Preserve ranger that sold me my day pass gave me guidance how to get there but the map clearly indicates ( when I looked at it at home) that it’s a foot trail only. I wasn’t the only one up there on a bike but I feel a little disappointed in myself for not reading the map legend for myself. Miles of trails there and in the adjacent state park, Minnewaska.

You can use the Wallkill Valley Rail Trail to get into New Paltz. Here’s a route: Gardiner to New Paltz River-to-Ridge - A bike ride in Ulster County, NY

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123