Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    This. I will gladly share my sins. But not as easily those of others just to keep my own head above water. Seems pretty lame.
    the other way (passive) wasn't working.
    it has to come down
    the riders knew JV was going to talk
    "make the break"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chance Legstrong View Post
    Right. I don't know why folks assumed that Vaughters just sat down at his computer and thoughtlessly blurted this out. If anything, it is good publicity for those mentioned. If the sport is going to clean itself up, who is cleaner than those who have just showered? Or something. (the metaphor was too ridiculous not to post)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Spinelli View Post
    sadly this is probably an accurate statement.
    I feel like I'm missing something here. Are you suggesting that those who are caught should take their punishment in silence and pretend it never happened? I'm having trouble seeing Valverde and Vino as honorable, and I'll confess that I was ignorant of Jaksche's testimony.

We keep hearing that there is are systems or networks for dopers. Isn't the sport better off if we start trying to dismantle those structures, rather than just seeking out individual dopers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    I never minded the doping. It's been there all along. I have accepted it as part of the price one pays for entertainment. My points of view have never veered from this path. . . . Better to not know how the magic is done.
    Even when cyclists were dying in their sleep? What level of doping is acceptable (or what level of risk is acceptable) as "part of the price one pays for entertainment"? Are you really suggesting that willful ignorance should still be the policy?

On another note, the sport isn't done. The beauty is more than skin deep.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no real insight but to me it is apparent that a watershed of info is on the verge of being released/leaked(is there a difference?) so why not bag some nice guy points and confess in advance. I think JV is fried on the topic and said wtf knowing it was coming out anyway; certainly wasn't an oops or spur of the moment thing, the guy is too smart for that. The LA files/TH's book whatever are just the begining; lots of info is coming. I for one am waiting for Kevin Livingston to open up.. What about Bobby J; he hasn't said much and he was part of the Motorola to Cofidis group move so he has to have some seriuos knowledge..

Post Thanks / Like

I never minded the doping. It's been there all along. I have accepted it as part of the price one pays for entertainment. My points of view have never veered from this path. Now in addition to doping we have lying. Folks denying, then recanting atmo. Whatever is right. I agree in principle with what Jerk wrote. If you get caught, take the punishment. What we have now is a need breed of cheater; one who thinks saying I'm sorry makes it all better. Good luck to your young rider pals. If they end up at the Springs or in Europe while any of the current ex-dopers are in charge, they'll need it. Again - the doping I have no issues with. The lying has to end. Better to not know how the magic is done.
    How can you have doping without lying? Can you really have one without the other?

Post Thanks / Like

Any sport that touts David M. as a reborn advocate for clean cycling and puts him on the anti-doping comité is rotten to the core. And a team hiring him is just trash. After what David M.'s role was at Cofidis he was lucky to get away without lengthy jail time. Allowing him back in the sport is spitting in the face of his colleagues.

There is doping and there is David M. style malevolence. A rider who dopes takes his own risks. David M. ordered his team mates to be injected by the doctor with unknown substances. Scum of the sport. *And for more amazement, the doctor still works at a pro team*

And yes, Jonathan Vaughters was one of those making this farce possible by picking up this criminal.

Post Thanks / Like

oh and ps; i told you so.

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double Clutch View Post
    Even when cyclists were dying in their sleep? What level of doping is acceptable (or what level of risk is acceptable) as "part of the price one pays for entertainment"? Are you really suggesting that willful ignorance should still be the policy?

On another note, the sport isn't done. The beauty is more than skin deep.
    I wrote that I accepted it, not that it was acceptable atmo. Short of a complete boycott of watching/following every event and every product from every sponsor who is part of the charade, I accept(ed) the sport for what I knew it was. Anyway, what is beauty and what's it have to do with anything here? As someone who knew the score yet watched the trainwreck regardless, I know it's hypocritical and also makes me an enabler. At this point, my interest is no longer to watch it knowing how the magic was done; it's more about ending the hypocrisy that we all are a part of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan Museeuw
    We must break with the hypocrisy. The only way to come out of that murderous spiral is to break the silence, the silence that continues to haunt us.
    Museeuw Calls For Doping Confessions From Past Riders | Cyclingnews.com

Post Thanks / Like

e-R wrote: "...I accept(ed) the sport for what I knew it was..."

^^This.

Post Thanks / Like

wonder how far back this will go?

weltz was with 7-11 and motorola no?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Spinelli View Post
    wonder how far back this will go?

weltz was with 7-11 and motorola no?
    I told ya' so. For me, this particular charade began during The Comeback. Anyone watching when
    Lance rearranged the chessboard at Postal, leaving Weltz in the margins, knew the score atmo.

Post Thanks / Like

note.
    my rider...cameron cogburn...now holds the clean record on the mt washington hill climb... 52:28

did it the old fashioned way. trained for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double Clutch View Post
    I feel like I'm missing something here. Are you suggesting that those who are caught should take their punishment in silence and pretend it never happened? I'm having trouble seeing Valverde and Vino as honorable, and I'll confess that I was ignorant of Jaksche's testimony.

We keep hearing that there is are systems or networks for dopers. Isn't the sport better off if we start trying to dismantle those structures, rather than just seeking out individual dopers?
    If you kept your mouth shut you could come back. Talk and you never work again and get branded a sleaze, loser, bitter, vindictive, liar, etc. It's what keeps the system going and the money flowing for the crooks running the UCI , the teams and all the corrupt doctors and hangers on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by henry g. View Post
    If you kept your mouth shut you could come back. Talk and you never work again and get branded a sleaze, loser, bitter, vindictive, liar, etc. It's what keeps the system going and the money flowing for the crooks running the UCI , the teams and all the corrupt doctors and hangers on.
    I should be embarrassed to agree with this ^ , but I am not. I believe it's also what Jerk and Justin are saying. When the system works as it always has, and should, everyone gets what they want and need. The riders get a career, the sponsors get rolling billboards at three cents on the dollar, and the asshats (me among them) get a floor show. That era is coming to an end atmo.

Post Thanks / Like

.... That era is coming to an end atmo.
    and there is NOTHING wrong with that
    "make the break"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chance Legstrong View Post
    the other way (passive) wasn't working.
    it has to come down
    Either way, JV pulled the dickhead of the year move. What if his riders wanted to write a puff piece in the NYT too? For him to just casually 'out' them in the doping forum of cyclingnews just leaves me shaking my head.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexis View Post
    Either way, JV pulled the dickhead of the year move. What if his riders wanted to write a puff piece in the NYT too? For him to just casually 'out' them in the doping forum of cyclingnews just leaves me shaking my head.
    then let them come out and call BS on JV...i'm waiting
    "make the break"

Post Thanks / Like

in the only way he knows how...

Vaughters Outs Danielson
    "make the break"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Z3c View Post
    What about Bobby J; he hasn't said much and he was part of the Motorola to Cofidis group move so he has to have some seriuos knowledge..
    He was also at CSC and iirc pretty close to Riis, whom he credited for resuscitating his career.