Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 246

Thread: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    City of Big Shoulders
    Posts
    6,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    This. I will gladly share my sins. But not as easily those of others just to keep my own head above water. Seems pretty lame.
    the other way (passive) wasn't working.
    it has to come down
    the riders knew JV was going to talk
    "make the break"

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance Legstrong View Post
    the riders knew JV was going to talk
    Right. I don't know why folks assumed that Vaughters just sat down at his computer and thoughtlessly blurted this out. If anything, it is good publicity for those mentioned. If the sport is going to clean itself up, who is cleaner than those who have just showered? Or something. (the metaphor was too ridiculous not to post)
     

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Spinelli View Post
    sadly this is probably an accurate statement.
    I feel like I'm missing something here. Are you suggesting that those who are caught should take their punishment in silence and pretend it never happened? I'm having trouble seeing Valverde and Vino as honorable, and I'll confess that I was ignorant of Jaksche's testimony.

    We keep hearing that there is are systems or networks for dopers. Isn't the sport better off if we start trying to dismantle those structures, rather than just seeking out individual dopers?
     

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    I never minded the doping. It's been there all along. I have accepted it as part of the price one pays for entertainment. My points of view have never veered from this path. . . . Better to not know how the magic is done.
    Even when cyclists were dying in their sleep? What level of doping is acceptable (or what level of risk is acceptable) as "part of the price one pays for entertainment"? Are you really suggesting that willful ignorance should still be the policy?

    On another note, the sport isn't done. The beauty is more than skin deep.
     

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    1,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    I have no real insight but to me it is apparent that a watershed of info is on the verge of being released/leaked(is there a difference?) so why not bag some nice guy points and confess in advance. I think JV is fried on the topic and said wtf knowing it was coming out anyway; certainly wasn't an oops or spur of the moment thing, the guy is too smart for that. The LA files/TH's book whatever are just the begining; lots of info is coming. I for one am waiting for Kevin Livingston to open up.. What about Bobby J; he hasn't said much and he was part of the Motorola to Cofidis group move so he has to have some seriuos knowledge..
     

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    5,499
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    I never minded the doping. It's been there all along. I have accepted it as part of the price one pays for entertainment. My points of view have never veered from this path. Now in addition to doping we have lying. Folks denying, then recanting atmo. Whatever is right. I agree in principle with what Jerk wrote. If you get caught, take the punishment. What we have now is a need breed of cheater; one who thinks saying I'm sorry makes it all better. Good luck to your young rider pals. If they end up at the Springs or in Europe while any of the current ex-dopers are in charge, they'll need it. Again - the doping I have no issues with. The lying has to end. Better to not know how the magic is done.
    How can you have doping without lying? Can you really have one without the other?
     

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Any sport that touts David M. as a reborn advocate for clean cycling and puts him on the anti-doping comité is rotten to the core. And a team hiring him is just trash. After what David M.'s role was at Cofidis he was lucky to get away without lengthy jail time. Allowing him back in the sport is spitting in the face of his colleagues.

    There is doping and there is David M. style malevolence. A rider who dopes takes his own risks. David M. ordered his team mates to be injected by the doctor with unknown substances. Scum of the sport. *And for more amazement, the doctor still works at a pro team*

    And yes, Jonathan Vaughters was one of those making this farce possible by picking up this criminal.
     

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    oh and ps; i told you so.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    18,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Clutch View Post
    Even when cyclists were dying in their sleep? What level of doping is acceptable (or what level of risk is acceptable) as "part of the price one pays for entertainment"? Are you really suggesting that willful ignorance should still be the policy?

    On another note, the sport isn't done. The beauty is more than skin deep.
    I wrote that I accepted it, not that it was acceptable atmo. Short of a complete boycott of watching/following every event and every product from every sponsor who is part of the charade, I accept(ed) the sport for what I knew it was. Anyway, what is beauty and what's it have to do with anything here? As someone who knew the score yet watched the trainwreck regardless, I know it's hypocritical and also makes me an enabler. At this point, my interest is no longer to watch it knowing how the magic was done; it's more about ending the hypocrisy that we all are a part of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan Museeuw
    We must break with the hypocrisy. The only way to come out of that murderous spiral is to break the silence, the silence that continues to haunt us.
    Museeuw Calls For Doping Confessions From Past Riders | Cyclingnews.com

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    e-R wrote: "...I accept(ed) the sport for what I knew it was..."

    ^^This.
     

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    wonder how far back this will go?

    weltz was with 7-11 and motorola no?

  12. #52
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    18,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Spinelli View Post
    wonder how far back this will go?

    weltz was with 7-11 and motorola no?
    I told ya' so. For me, this particular charade began during The Comeback. Anyone watching when
    Lance rearranged the chessboard at Postal, leaving Weltz in the margins, knew the score atmo.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    no shore, mass
    Posts
    12,818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    note.
    my rider...cameron cogburn...now holds the clean record on the mt washington hill climb... 52:28

    did it the old fashioned way. trained for it.
     

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Clutch View Post
    I feel like I'm missing something here. Are you suggesting that those who are caught should take their punishment in silence and pretend it never happened? I'm having trouble seeing Valverde and Vino as honorable, and I'll confess that I was ignorant of Jaksche's testimony.

    We keep hearing that there is are systems or networks for dopers. Isn't the sport better off if we start trying to dismantle those structures, rather than just seeking out individual dopers?
    If you kept your mouth shut you could come back. Talk and you never work again and get branded a sleaze, loser, bitter, vindictive, liar, etc. It's what keeps the system going and the money flowing for the crooks running the UCI , the teams and all the corrupt doctors and hangers on.
     

  15. #55
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    18,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Quote Originally Posted by henry g. View Post
    If you kept your mouth shut you could come back. Talk and you never work again and get branded a sleaze, loser, bitter, vindictive, liar, etc. It's what keeps the system going and the money flowing for the crooks running the UCI , the teams and all the corrupt doctors and hangers on.
    I should be embarrassed to agree with this ^ , but I am not. I believe it's also what Jerk and Justin are saying. When the system works as it always has, and should, everyone gets what they want and need. The riders get a career, the sponsors get rolling billboards at three cents on the dollar, and the asshats (me among them) get a floor show. That era is coming to an end atmo.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    City of Big Shoulders
    Posts
    6,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    .... That era is coming to an end atmo.
    and there is NOTHING wrong with that
    "make the break"

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austen, TX
    Posts
    579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance Legstrong View Post
    the other way (passive) wasn't working.
    it has to come down
    the riders knew JV was going to talk
    Either way, JV pulled the dickhead of the year move. What if his riders wanted to write a puff piece in the NYT too? For him to just casually 'out' them in the doping forum of cyclingnews just leaves me shaking my head.
     

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    City of Big Shoulders
    Posts
    6,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Quote Originally Posted by alexis View Post
    Either way, JV pulled the dickhead of the year move. What if his riders wanted to write a puff piece in the NYT too? For him to just casually 'out' them in the doping forum of cyclingnews just leaves me shaking my head.
    then let them come out and call BS on JV...i'm waiting
    "make the break"

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    City of Big Shoulders
    Posts
    6,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    in the only way he knows how...

    Vaughters Outs Danielson
    "make the break"

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vaughters' comments on the Cyclingnews.com forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3c View Post
    What about Bobby J; he hasn't said much and he was part of the Motorola to Cofidis group move so he has to have some seriuos knowledge..
    He was also at CSC and iirc pretty close to Riis, whom he credited for resuscitating his career.
     

Similar Threads

  1. Forum Geek Alert: Forum runner is now active
    By Too Tall in forum The OT
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-28-2013, 09:40 AM
  2. Vaughters vs. Hushovd... sour grapes?
    By itspeedmoore in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 08:15 AM
  3. Vaughters on Tondo
    By alexis in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 05:54 PM
  4. Cyclingnews.com and Velonews.
    By pdxmech13 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 08:24 AM
  5. Kudos to Cyclingnews
    By RIHans in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 10:17 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •