Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time Frames Geometry

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, sounds like we are very close because your hampsten sounds pretty much identical to setup on my Gio; the added variable is that I still run DA 7400 shifters which add a good 5cm to the drop compared to having the hoods close to level with the tops. out of curiosity, what are your TT lengths on those bikes? my Gio is a classic 52/53.5 st/tt (with a 12 or 13 stem)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by giordana93 View Post
    yeah, sounds like we are very close because your hampsten sounds pretty much identical to setup on my Gio; the added variable is that I still run DA 7400 shifters which add a good 5cm to the drop compared to having the hoods close to level with the tops. out of curiosity, what are your TT lengths on those bikes? my Gio is a classic 52/53.5 st/tt (with a 12 or 13 stem)
    Hi g93:
    Quite similar to yours, especially the Merckx.

Hampsten Strada Bianca (figures are effective - the frame has a slight, 1.5 degree slope):

51cm st STA 73.5
    54cm tt
    11cm stem with 7.8cm reach FSA compact bars. Levers are 10sp Shimano

Merckx MX Leader (figures are c-t-c, horizontal tt)

52cm st STA 73.44
    54cm tt
    10cm stem with 10.5cm reach Deda round bars. Levers are 10sp Chorus. Stem/bar reach looks a lot longer on paper than the Hampsten, but that's scaled back slightly by the 1cm more forward saddle and that the grip of the Chorus seems closer than Shimano STI.