User Tag List

Thread: Is there any riding in Colorado?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is there any riding in Colorado?

My wife has a conference in Denver coming up and I'm going to tag along. I'll have my bike and be free to ride all day while she nerds out. I'm looking for any good routes or if any of you Coloradans want to meet up. I should have access to a car. Gravel roading or mild single track preferred but anything is better than the same routes I have here.

I'll be arriving in Denver on Wednesday July 11th and staying there til Sunday the 15th. On Sunday we are going to stay in Estes Park until we head back on Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks,
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is there any riding in Colorado?

No we don't have any riding here

What bike are you bringing and where are you staying?
    So I say to youth right now. Don't sway to the unjust,
    no matter what they say, never give in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live a few minutes outside of Estes, if you want to meet and ride some fun mild single track two miles outside of town let me know.

If you have your gravel bike, while in estes get up super early (to avoid cars) and ride Old Fall River Road (dirt) to the top and come down Trail Ridge. I usually come back down Old Fall River, but that is only when it is closed to cars.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll on the Zukas with 42mm tires.

While in Denver I'll be at the Renaissance Downtown. While in Estes some Airbnb.

Thanks Joe I'll send a PM. I'll look up that route and how did you know that I get up early?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also in Denver (for only 2mo now) and am interested in what the better gravel rides are as I will soon have a bike for those purposes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will second Old Fall River Road. I climbed up that a couple years back, and it's great fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm headed out today and still don't have any rides planned in Denver. Still looking for info on rides. I'll hit up the shops when I get there but I've gotten some pretty vague directions from the shop guys before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strava has a cycling guide for Denver. That might start you out. Cycling in Denver – Top Denver Cycling Routes | Strava

I've not ridden in the area, but I've driven around to the west and remember the Lefthand and Boulder Canyon areas being very nice.

Digital bike map of Denver which you've probably already found - Denver Bike Map – BikeDenver

Can you get to Mt. Evans?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rec head View Post
    My wife has a conference in Denver coming up and I'm going to tag along. I'll have my bike and be free to ride all day while she nerds out. I'm looking for any good routes or if any of you Coloradans want to meet up. I should have access to a car. Gravel roading or mild single track preferred but anything is better than the same routes I have here.

I'll be arriving in Denver on Wednesday July 11th and staying there til Sunday the 15th. On Sunday we are going to stay in Estes Park until we head back on Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Take a ride up highway 34 to Estes from Loveland. The road was recently re-opened after it was destroyed by floods a few years ago. It's in awesome shape and there is now a ridable paved shoulder the entire way (where before there was not). You could also detour through Glenn Haven and ride the switchbacks. This route enters Estes from the north and goes by the Stanley Hotel. if you feel particularly frisky, you could continue (from either route) and ride into RMNP and climb trail ridge road. The only downside is this time of year tourist traffic in Estes is absurd. Other than that (and the effing heat), it's glorious.

Riding in Denver proper sucks, for the most part. It's a big city, with serious growing pains and terrible traffic. The MUTs are nice but busy. If you have a car and the time, drive outside of town and pick a route. There are virtually endless variations and routes depending on what you want. The Peak to Peak Highway is a good ride. Basically, it runs from Estes to I70.
    Best Regards,

Jason Curtis
    FoCo, CO