User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Week Rides 23-29 Nov 2020 (to Grandmotherís house we donít go)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanksgiving Week Rides 23-29 Nov 2020 (to Grandmotherís house we donít go)

A big old greasy Allen bolt hole in the photo, right where head is supposed to be...sums up things quite nicely, when the sleet begins to fall.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Thanksgiving Week Rides 23-29 Nov 2020 (to Grandmotherís house we donít go)

Is anyone still riding? I'm just catching up here. The annual debate on opening the Rouvy account again is starting in my head.

Last edited by SeanEasley; 11-23-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Thanksgiving Week Rides 23-29 Nov 2020 (to Grandmotherís house we donít go)

Nice scenery y'all.

Can't wait to get out tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Night falls early in the north land, but my old Night Rider 600 USB light still has the goods for gentle path riding after dark. Photo at dusk... it's not that bright

Night by shenoi, on Flickr

The sky was ablaze, not 15 minutes earlier

Blaze by shenoi, on Flickr
    My real name is Hemanth and among other things, I like bikes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am riding singletrack in the woods on my Santa Cruz highball- figured this is the way to ease into it instead of starting on a rigid SS. After a few days acclimating I am riding well, good speed and rhythm. Someone blew the leaves off some of the trails which I have mixed feelings about. Easier to see, easier to ride, but we had a good rain the other night and leaves are a good buffer to prevent erosion. Had a good enough go on Sunday that I had un jour sans yesterday. Had nothing. So walked the dogs and had a nap.

Little snow so far. Riding trails is better preparation for skiing than gravel is, and there's less wind chill. We'll see what winter brings. I hope to continue my ride across the country in March, pandemic willing.

I can't say I have ever seen vultures perched together in a windowsill.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wisco View Post
    Night falls early in the north land, but my old Night Rider 600 USB light still has the goods for gentle path riding after dark. Photo at dusk... it's not that bright

Night by shenoi, on Flickr

The sky was ablaze, not 15 minutes earlier

Blaze by shenoi, on Flickr
    You got out on a nice ride just in the nick of time (it's snowing here today). I should really do a bit of night riding, as I have a very similar light (550).

Especially with the terrain here, full of warrens, farmlands, wetlands, and lakes, it makes for very serene riding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long time friend died on Sunday unexpectedly. Amazing guy. Good to go for a ride today and think about him.

Last edited by j44ke; 11-24-2020 at 06:13 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jorn, I hope you had a tailwind and peace the entire ride.
    Rick Stubblefield

If the process is more important than the result, you play. If the result is more important than the process, you work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Long time friend died on Sunday unexpectedly. Amazing guy. Good to go for a ride today and think about him.
    Sorry for your loss Jorn! We are loosing so many good ones lately...

He will be missed!
    Last edited by guido; 11-24-2020 at 08:44 PM.
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

ďInstructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.Ē
    Ė Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No pictures but I rode my mountain bike for a couple of miles along the beach and back home. I've ridden maybe 5 times this year, never far and never for long. Various issues have kept me off the bike for the last few years and it felt good to get the legs spinning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Always a good idea in times of trouble to get outside and turn the pedals under a big sky. Looks like you picked a perfect place for reflection - great photo and an amazing looking stretch of gravel.
    Instagram: rellonchris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ras72 View Post
    Jorn, I hope you had a tailwind and peace the entire ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    Sorry for your loss Jorn! We are loosing so many good ones lately...

He will be missed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
    Always a good idea in times of trouble to get outside and turn the pedals under a big sky. Looks like you picked a perfect place for reflection - great photo and an amazing looking stretch of gravel.
    Thank you I appreciate it. Riding a bike is one of the best parts of life. Let's all do more of it. Ride reports onward!
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Newport Rhode Island ---> Monterrey Mexico 2022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ocean was beautiful this moning. Mist coming off the water surface and drifting up towards the mansion district. It was really windy today, but glad to have gotten out for a quick ride.

9EC8A8E7-C8F9-4D14-A374-4456F709807D.jpg
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spotted while riding this morning.

La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Spotted while riding this morning.

wtf is that, some kind of wood/wire entanglement, bizarre. Probably won't survive long with limited ability to roost, avoid predators, etc.
    Take care of yourself in this time of crisis and realize sadness, anger and grief are part of the process Brian Clare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Early morning ride after a night of heavy rainfall, so that I could get home and help stuff that bird. Happy Thanksgiving to you girls and boys!
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah....now I see it, turkeys armed and ready to prevent being served up today.
    Take care of yourself in this time of crisis and realize sadness, anger and grief are part of the process Brian Clare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The turkey can wait. Too nice outside not not ride, perhaps the last time with bare legs for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Friday is almost over down here. But all I care about is my discharge at 8am tomorrow! My Zwift-bruck climb today was a minute faster, and at 10bpm lower than in June. Today started with an early Zoom Thanksgiving dessert with my family scattered around the US. I had two helpings of mango rice pudding, so maybe that was the rocket fuel. Look for a new flavor from Scratch Labs next season.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My name is Peter Miller.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast