User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: stationary trainer and rear skewer interference?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default stationary trainer and rear skewer interference?

My tacx trainer seems to interfere with my rear derailleur on one bike, and with the hooded drop outs on another bike.

The trainer stubs that fit over the QR ends seems to be to bulky. In the one case after the trainer is tensioned the trainer stub prevents the RD from moving properly and in the case of the hooded drops is too big to nestle 'into' the hooded portion.

Anyone know of a rear QR skewer that has 'long' ends on both ends of the skewer? I think this would solve it but google searches for trainer skewers turn up regular looking (albeit heavy duty) steel units.

Am I alone with this experience? I'm reluctant to 'modify' the trainer itself with some file work as its a long term (not permanent) loaner.

Advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: stationary trainer and rear skewer interference?

I got a long end skewer from Kurt Kinetic for use on my steel frame with hooded drop-outs. Solved the issue for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: stationary trainer and rear skewer interference?

My Tacx came with a special rear skewer that had big square shouldered nuts on both sides. It fits the Tacx really well, but no other trainer. My girlfriend uses a regular metal skewer with the pyramid nut that works with CycleOps/Kinetic but doesn't fit well with the Tacx. Check your skewer, everything may be solved if you're just using a wrong sized/non-Tacx skewer.