Thread: Spain Tour on Exposure, for BIG screens.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spain Tour on Exposure, for BIG screens.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Spain Tour on Exposure, for BIG screens.

outstanding shots as usual. thanks for sharing, looks like an excellent time!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Stefan! Just lovely work.
    Guy Washburn

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing, thanks for posting!

If you dont mind me asking, how did you decide on that start/finish? I'd like my next tour to be spain again, and want to start looking at routes.

Picos de europas was a part of our original route I'm pretty sure, but we bailed because it was a bit early in the season, and had been extremely rainy. Locals said they were a season behind.
    --------------------
    another jaunt
    REBAR

Post Thanks / Like

.... thanks

@s_curran, ask anything you want. my holidays this year have been a bit short, too much work and stress. so I thought it would be cool to fly to Bilbao with the bike and cycle to Denia, from there take the ferry back home to Ibiza. some hours in google street view and I had the northern part planed, from picos de europa (spectacular place) to Denia we decided every day at dinner
    what route to take the next day, surprisingly it worked out great, we found a lots of gravel roads ...

touring Spain? there are many great places, avoid big cites (well I do) prefer to stay remote. I would recommend the whole northern part, in Andalucia the Pueblos Blancos, also in Andalucia Sierra de Cazorla y Segura (two picture stories on Exposure), Extremadura, Castilla la Mancha.... all has su ""encanto"" .... what I love about Spain is when you leave the big centers of city life your in deepest country side, little villages, little roads, no traffic....

if your interested I prepare you a map with some advices..

best Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StR View Post
    .... thanks

@s_curran, ask anything you want. my holidays this year have been a bit short, too much work and stress. so I thought it would be cool to fly to Bilbao with the bike and cycle to Denia, from there take the ferry back home to Ibiza. some hours in google street view and I had the northern part planed, from picos de europa (spectacular place) to Denia we decided every day at dinner
    what route to take the next day, surprisingly it worked out great, we found a lots of gravel roads ...

touring Spain? there are many great places, avoid big cites (well I do) prefer to stay remote. I would recommend the whole northern part, in Andalucia the Pueblos Blancos, also in Andalucia Sierra de Cazorla y Segura (two picture stories on Exposure), Extremadura, Castilla la Mancha.... all has su ""encanto"" .... what I love about Spain is when you leave the big centers of city life your in deepest country side, little villages, little roads, no traffic....

if your interested I prepare you a map with some advices..

best Stefan
    Thanks! I will be in touch, we eneded up on Camino Del Norte for the most part last time, which was nice, and a challenge, especially for new tourers (my partners longest week by far). But it really felt like we only scratched the surface, and wanted to get into the mountains.

Riding into Bilbao kind of sucked, but our route was the sort of just needing to get there, type of thing, plus, atleast the drivers are nice.
    --------------------
    another jaunt
    REBAR

Post Thanks / Like

De puta madre Stefan, really

Glad you guys appear to have conquered the goatheads - pictures capture the beauty but the suffering and dark moments are harder to put into frame

I love how you capture what's adjacent to your ride

Chapeau to you and Ad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holliscx View Post
    De puta madre Stefan, really

Glad you guys appear to have conquered the goatheads - pictures capture the beauty but the suffering and dark moments are harder to put into frame

I love how you capture what's adjacent to your ride

Chapeau to you and Ad
    thanks! I miss some more people, but somehow this was a fast tour and not many extended social stops ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s_curran View Post
    Thanks! I will be in touch, we eneded up on Camino Del Norte for the most part last time, which was nice, and a challenge, especially for new tourers (my partners longest week by far). But it really felt like we only scratched the surface, and wanted to get into the mountains.

Riding into Bilbao kind of sucked, but our route was the sort of just needing to get there, type of thing, plus, atleast the drivers are nice.
    did part of the camino del Norte in Galicia 2011, hard stuff, they say the northern camino is not easy. yes I can imagine, in and out of Bilbao is not easy .... we cycled beside the via to Areeta and took the hanging bridge to Portugalete, that was ok.

Vizcaya Bridge - Wikipedia

Post Thanks / Like

excellent, as usual.

gracias!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks