User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So how many of you had a rabid skunk in your 'office' yesterday?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So how many of you had a rabid skunk in your 'office' yesterday?

Score:

Disturbed w/shotgun 1

Mr. Rabid skunk 0

Frickin thing was actually trying to get in the kennel with the dogs one of which had cut his feet to hell trying to get out after said [now] deed skunk. His run was covered in blood. Another dog in his excitement had 'stooled' in his run and then raced back and forth through it trying to get said skunk.

Clean up #1, blood and smashed/smeared poop.

Clean up #2 deed rabid skunk, where the trick is to not come in contact with any blood/body fluid lest Disturbed become REALLY REALLY disturbed.

Clean up #3 one dog that got sprayeded.

Final score IMO:

Disturbed 1

Mr. skunk 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: So how many of you had a rabid skunk in your 'office' yesterday?

All I know about this is "tomato juice". Bathing a cat in tomato juice sucks.

Somewhat dumb questions - is there any risk of contracting rabies from the spray? It is a bodily fluid after all...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday? no.

today? yes.
    "make the break"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is useless without pictures.

1 demerit

2 bonus points for use of shotgun out of season

Final score 1.

You have all the fun, dang.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had non-rabid skunks reside beneath my home years ago, if that counts.
    Soaked entire rolls of paper towels with ammonia to dispel the animals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Graphic deed skunk pic was not v-Salon material IMO.

There is no "out of season" here in VT.

I hate killing shit but Mr. rabid skunk had to go.......

Not from spray, from contacting saliva as I understand it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I really didn't want to see that mess.
    Curiously, Kathy (Camp Corn) was bitten by a rabid fox a few weeks ago. Attacked is more like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    There is no "out of season" here in VT.

I hate killing shit but Mr. rabid skunk had to go.......
    Skunks and raccoons scare the stool out of me.

Many years ago my dad had a raccoon come at him while he was opening a hole in the ice during the winter for our cattle to drink. All he had was an ice pick. The little bandit got skewered, then the whole package went under the ice through the hole he'd just made.

Damn right there's no off season.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a lot of farmers as clients. One of them one day called to cancel an appointment...and said that he was dealing with a "shittin' mess"....Come to find out, he had a manure spreader with a bearing failure right in the middle of a pound yard with about 6 inches of sloppy manure on the ground. It could not be moved without destroying the machine, so they had to crawl under it and effect a repair. At that point I understood the difference between a "shitty mess" and a "shittin' mess' ...I think what you dealt with yesterday qualifies as a "shittin' mess"....but I agree that pictures are needed....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Skunks and raccoons scare the stool out of me.

Many years ago my dad had a raccoon come at him while he was opening a hole in the ice during the winter for our cattle to drink. All he had was an ice pick. The little bandit got skewered, then the whole package went under the ice through the hole he'd just made.

Damn right there's no off season.
    Add Possum to that list.
    came home late one night to a rather large dog errrrr Possum in my garage. he was none to happy about me exiting my car. didn't see it until exiting and then a wicked hissing/screech!
    game on!
    armed with a spray can of paint and a lighter, it got freaky, fast!
    I lit that sumbitch up.
    he came shootin past me en feugo and with a green mohawk
    they scream loud when they are burnin!
    i would have preferred discharging one of my fire arms, but given the hour- 2:30am and being in the suburbs...thought differently.
    "make the break"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Thanks, I really didn't want to see that mess.
    Curiously, Kathy (Camp Corn) was bitten by a rabid fox a few weeks ago. Attacked is more like it.
    Might have seen that fox on my Sunday morning ride--was pretty cool to see a fox (in the suburbs no less), but as I approached and it remained seated in the road in front of me (and I noticed how skinny/nasty it looked) I started thinking this isn't right.......slight offroad detour (figured it was appropriate in prep for cross season) took care of the issue....he was still sitting there as I turned the corner and headed on......didn't hear any shotguns or paint can/lighter activity thereafter. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not the only one. We had an auditor in yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chance Legstrong View Post
    Add Possum to that list.
    came home late one night to a rather large dog errrrr Possum in my garage. he was none to happy about me exiting my car. didn't see it until exiting and then a wicked hissing/screech!
    game on!
    armed with a spray can of paint and a lighter, it got freaky, fast!
    I lit that sumbitch up.he came shootin past me en feugo and with a green mohawk
    they scream loud when they are burnin!i would have preferred discharging one of my fire arms, but given the hour- 2:30am and being in the suburbs...thought differently.

Understandable you didn't want to fire of a gun at 2:30 am.....but seeing a screamin' , green mohawked , flaming possum running thru you neighborhood might freak me out a little

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About two years ago, I awoke to two raccoons in the living room of my dad's home cornered by my dog. Freaking disaster. The dog was big and dumb (though well meaning) and raccoons were pissed off and scared. I grabbed the dog, put him in the other room and by that time I returned, one had climbed back out the window (thanks dad) and one was still cornered. I "herded" the possibly rabid raccoon out the window though in retrospect I probably should have gone with shotgun. at the time, I thought it would be a little tough to explain why there was now shot stuck into the hardwoods and walls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Bathing a cat in tomato juice sucks.
    I believe this to be true. And am glad I cannot support that belief with firsthand experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe this tread's timing...

Just this morning, at about 6:45, as I was getting ready to jump on the scooter to head for work, there by the curb waddled by a skunk. Thank goodness the beastie decided to continue on by and visit instead my neighbor's backyard rather than try knocking me off. They're pretty common around here, but I only see them during nighttime. The animal seemed health, but who knows. But his watch was definitely running slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHA this is timely. There are woodpussies living in the woods by my house and catch a whiff now and than on my way to work. Do these rascals mark territory?

Sorry for the thread drift Tall pal. You are welcome here anytime. BYO buckshot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It didn't happen without pics :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why haven't I seen a picture yet?
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just keeps getting weirder, I just got a skunk related email and it includes a photo...

The text in the email:

"Two of the greatest qualities in
    life are:

Patience

and

Wisdom"

The photo:
    skunk.c..bmp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast