Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: In Search of a Tiny Saddle Bag

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default In Search of a Tiny Saddle Bag

I am searching for a tiny saddle bag which will hold basically two large CO2 cartiages and a chuck. Basically something that will fit almost entirely between the rails and saddle. Its for a the new AXS reverb dropper post so I dont have much room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: In Search of a Tiny Saddle Bag

I like both the Fizik 00 and the Pedros Micro. The Pedros has a more secure strap, but both work well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

arundel uno is one of the most compact ones i've seen and it's very well made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speed Sleeve?

I’ve seen them but no firsthand experience.
    my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    arundel uno is one of the most compact ones i've seen and it's very well made.

+1 (or actually 3, I suppose, since I have one for each bike). I've been super happy with my Arundel bags and I've had them for years

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+another on the Arundel Uno. It can actually fit quite a bit. I have one on my road bike and it fits a rolled up tube, patch kit, and Pedro's tire lever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydrew View Post
    +another on the Arundel Uno. It can actually fit quite a bit. I have one on my road bike and it fits a rolled up tube, patch kit, and Pedro's tire lever.
    +1

And a multi-tool....

Iíve added a 4cm (400 x 38mm if we want to be EBAY precise) wide velcro strap around mine and it is totally rock solid. It never moved or touched my legs before but over really rough roads it abandoned ship twice. If you plan to take it where a dropper post should go, Iíd add the strap. Iíd add the strap any way....Iím hard pressed to think of a saddlebag it wouldnít improve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a couple Arundel Unos have the velcro strap lose its stickiness and fall off. The Velocolour T&T Rocket Pocket is awesome and about the same size.

I think that Houston may be in search of something smaller, though.

That said, Houston, if that's roughly the size you're looking for, let me know. I can probably put together a sample pack of bags I'm not using anymore to send you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I've had a couple Arundel Unos have the velcro strap lose its stickiness and fall off. The Velocolour T&T Rocket Pocket is awesome and about the same size.

I think that Houston may be in search of something smaller, though.

That said, Houston, if that's roughly the size you're looking for, let me know. I can probably put together a sample pack of bags I'm not using anymore to send you.
    I would of gone with the Velocolour but it is a tad too big. The uno is not weather proof.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenNMotion View Post
    I am interested in this one. Also the Zefal Z Micro Pack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used this before. Continental Road Tube Bag Black buy and offers on Bikeinn

It works. Not a lifetime purchase, but got a couple years out of it before it failed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Scicon is about the size of an Uno. I have one. I don’t care for the fact that the strap has to be undone to unzip the bag, but that’s really looking hard for a gripe.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the scicon before...no way it fits with the battery back there

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    I had the scicon before...no way it fits with the battery back there
    I just looked up a photo of the post in question...I'm with the funcrusher. Any of the bags mentioned above would likely press right up against the battery.

Specialized makes a couple "roll" type things that position the tube and stuff perpendicular to the saddle. Maybe one of those would work. I think they're called the Road Bandit or Mountain Bandit. Other than that, you may need to just put the stuff in a plastic bag and strap it down with a velcro strap (or a leather toe strap for style).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since it's pouring and I cut my ride short, I figured I'd add a side-by-side-by-side-by-side-by-side comparison of some of the smaller bags I have. From left to right...

- A cheapo Schwalbe bag with a vinyl-ish cover that's pretty good at dealing with rain, though it doesn't hold much. When mounted the bag sits far back. Maybe not enough to clear the battery for Houston, but it doesn't press up against the back of the post the way most of the others do.

- Arundel Uno that's pretty ubiquitous so not much to say other than the velcro isn't all that great and my seatpost clamp usually wears a hole in the fabric.

- The all fabric version of the Sci-con posted above. It's probably the smallest of the group, but not by much. Velcro is ok.

- Lezyne Road Caddy, which is pretty voluminous and the velcro is overkill in a good way. That bag is never falling off. It was my preferred bag (not roll, which I also have on some bikes) until I got the new Velocolour...

- Velocolour T&T Rocket Pocket, which is beautifully designed, as you'd expect, and built to last. Size wise it's right there with the Lezyne and the Arundel, but the materials are nicer so it will likely still look great after some miles. My Velocolour tool rolls have tons of use and once cleaned up they look new. The other bags, on the other hand, all look pretty rough up close.

Houston, I don't use the Sci-con, Schwalbe or Arundel anymore, so if you want to give them a shot, let me know and I'll drop 'em in the mail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the Continental one linked above by KonaSS, and it is noticeably smaller than any of the other small bags. Otoh, it basically only holds a spare tire, slim tire levers and a small patch kit. It can't also fit a CO2 cartridge or chuck, which is why it is so compact. For your purposes, the most important dimension is that the strap is about 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 from the edge of the bag that faces the seatpost. Looking at the AXS seatpost, it looks like it would clear the battery, and probably rest against the battery. For inflation, that would mean that you would either have to carry a C02 cartridge and chuck separately, or a mini or frame pump.

Edit: After re-reading your OP, it isn't clear if what you want is a bag that would fit only two large CO2 cartiages and a chuck, and no spare tire or levers etc. If that is the case, I think that it would work (and the levers the pack comes with are very slim, so it might fit two C02 cartridges, a chuck and the levers). I can take some photos later if you'd like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out the new saddle bag from spur cycle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iíve been using the same Arundel Uno for years and itís great. Had the Lezyne bag in my hands yesterday and dare I say it but it seems a little too small.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have found a couple of small bags over the years that will fit two tubes, a lever, a boot and basically no more. Generally I use a pump but with increased tubeless usage that is likely to change.

Anyway, my point is that I usually supplement the straps on the seatbag with some velcro straps I have gotten on eBay or Amazon. They hold it super tightly to the saddle rails so there is no rocking or movement of the bag at all.

I don't know the brand of the bag on my Look pictured below but this has the basics mentioned above. The straps are red in this case because that's what I had in the right length at the time, but black ones are available and are basically invisible.

La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be clear, is this the seatpost that you are trying to fit a saddle bag onto?

RockShox Reverb AXS Dropper Review - Best Dropper Posts

If so, I doubt many of the bags shown here would work. The Lezyne actually looks like the velcro is offset enough that it would give you space to clear the battery. The Spur Cycle bag also seems to have a decent amount of "setback."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast