Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Route Werks Handlebar Bag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Route Werks Handlebar Bag.

The Orlieb and Kilckfix (Rixen & Kaul) systems are compatible but not the same.

Ortlieb uses a long cable that goes over and under the bars and stem. It can be a beeyotch to thread, particularly with a cable that's been used and kinked by the set screw. But it's solid AF when secured. And quiet. The clip on the bag slides straight down, fully engaged by the lip on the top and sides, and the hook keeps the bag from sliding up.

Klickfix uses the cable to keep the mount from tilting forward, it only goes over the bars and under the stem so it's easier to thread. It attaches to the bar with two plastic clamps. The clip bag goes over the tabs only on top, not the sides, and the hook keeps the bottom of the bag from moving forward. Less secure than Orlieb, but I've never lost a bag with either.

I think they're both great, but prefer the Klickfix because it's easier to install and slightly easier to use.

Given that the Rixen & Kaul design is open source, widely available, and has several different configurations, I don't know why somebody wouldn't use it. Or make their new mousetrap at least compatible.
    Last edited by thollandpe; 09-25-2020 at 01:30 PM.
    Trod Harland, Physical Educator

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    no failure has in the clamp moving or falling from the handlebar. However failures of that red hook supporting the bag from the plastic becoming brittle on bike sitting in the sun for a long time or used by kids.

By the way we talked about ortlieb but I guess we are both talking about the klickfix system from Rixen&Paul that Ortlieb happen to have chosen for a number of their bags, right?
    Ahhh we are talking about two different things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott G. View Post
    Route Werks sounds German, make sense since they're building the Uber-Ortlieb bag.
    Ruthworks, is working in the Franco-Frisco style.

So easy to keep separate.
    One condition for trademark infringement is "...the defendant's mark is likely to cause confusion in the minds of consumers about the source or sponsorship of the goods or services offered under the parties' marks." https://www.uspto.gov/page/about-trademark-infringement

They're both handlebar bags. Do you think there's any doubt about the similarity in sound of "Route works" compared with "Ruth works"?

Do you think a soda manufacturer could get away with marketing a product called "Dr Pecker" or "Poopsie Cola"?
    Steve Palincsar
    Alexandria VA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by palincss View Post
    They're both handlebar bags. Do you think there's any doubt about the similarity in sound of "Route works" compared with "Ruth works"?
    [snip]
    Do you think a soda manufacturer could get away with marketing a product called "Dr Pecker" or "Poopsie Cola"?
    Point taken, I suggest RadBahn Werk for a new name. they can pay me with a RuthWorks gift card.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like Route Werks is having some problems with other sellers scamming customers - see this article from CyclingTips. Kinda makes me want to buy one of the legit bags to keep Route Werks from getting torpedoed.

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/02/rout...ebar-bag-scam/
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You SHOULD buy their bags. They're effing awesome.

I have another one coming in a week or so.
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Sounds like Route Werks is having some problems with other sellers scamming customers - see this article from CyclingTips. Kinda makes me want to buy one of the legit bags to keep Route Werks from getting torpedoed.

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/02/rout...ebar-bag-scam/
    I have seen ads for the scam bags on Insta. There were several other obvious scams that I saw. The thieves steal pictures from Kickstarter then put up ads at crazy low prices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12