Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RIP Anthony Sloan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RIP Anthony Sloan

I found out today that an old (though very young) friend of mine passed away this week. Some of you may have known him or met him at Wheat Ridge Cyclery, or through his role with Yeti Cycles. Anthony carried himself with more grace than anyone I have ever met, both on and off the bike, and I will miss knowing that he is spreading joy to this world. Before he moved to Colorado, I was lucky to have gone on some great rides with him, though we would often try to catch up at Interbike, or on a Yeti demo here in Austin.

Please read a little bit more about Antony here, and find something a little extra beautiful on your ride tomorrow.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/articl...oan-dies-21548

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexis View Post
    I found out today that an old (though very young) friend of mine passed away this week. Some of you may have known him or met him at Wheat Ridge Cyclery, or through his role with Yeti Cycles. Anthony carried himself with more grace than anyone I have ever met, both on and off the bike, and I will miss knowing that he is spreading joy to this world. Before he moved to Colorado, I was lucky to have gone on some great rides with him, though we would often try to catch up at Interbike, or on a Yeti demo here in Austin.

Please read a little bit more about Antony here, and find something a little extra beautiful on your ride tomorrow.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/articl...oan-dies-21548
    Sad, sad, days.

Anthony was an excellent human being & a role model for us all. I've had the pleasure of knowing & riding with Anthony and he will be greatly missed.
    "It's better to not know so much than to know so many things that ain't so." -- Josh Billings, 1885

A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome—in the end we are not only defined by our friends, but also those aligned against us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember riding with him at City Park years ago in Austin, and from his postings on BikeMojo, au-some guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never met the man, but following the links to his website, WOW! Looks like a really wonderful guy. Incredible writing and photography. Someone needs to maintain that site - its a real treasure.

Always sad to lose someone so young, but he appears not to have wasted a minute of his time here.

-Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very sad, especially with someone so full of life and way too young.
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy