User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ride the Rockies 7 days 522 miles and even some hail and rain in first two days

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Ride the Rockies 7 days 522 miles and even some hail and rain in first two days

It was a event to remember and it was a l-o-n-g and h-i-l-l-y week all week, I was part of the Mavic Hincapie, Parlee work crew also,,,

THe Hincapie clothing is second to none and i thought it was well made. R-sYS from MAVIC worked flawless for all week on twenty demo pairs.

My Legend ti met a Mavic and Save our SOLES trailer and ford excursion on the next to last day so I was able to use a PARLEE Z5 with 2010 Sram force and Rsys.

Decisions decisions - do I get a Legend ti and cranks repaired/replaced or use the Parlee Z5 or take my time for repair and use the PARLEE for a summer time....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ride the Rockies 7 days 522 miles and even some hail and rain in first two days

Your'e right, Pete. Hincapie jeans rock!

easy choice- Parlee

;)

(how much advertising match dollars do you get from this post?)
    "make the break"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ride the Rockies 7 days 522 miles and even some hail and rain in first two days

Wow ... did this take place on the Bank of America Highway sponsored by Michelob Ultra which included several McDonalds "I'm Loving It" stands selling Coke Enjoy TM and Dole TM apples?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rock on Pete. Glad you had a good time, I bet it was awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks....It was great weather after the first two days... THe RIde the ROckies Staff does an excellent tour. And COLO is so beautiful. PETE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You frickin' stud.

Post pictures or else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got great weather all 7 days. Outstanding ride - I appreciated the aid stations, the mechanic tents, and most notably the abundance of PortaPottys. . .

There were two things in abundance at Ride the Rockies - bicycles and PortaPottys. Perhaps the greatest contributors to this fantastic week were those faceless heroes who cleaned and drained these shithouses daily, then transported them to the next mountain pass for our crapulent needs, where they appeared magically, green sentinels of sanitation in seemingly new and unsoiled condition. I salute and thank you, oh anonymous Honey Pot Wizards!