User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ride Reports : 10/5 - 10/11 : nut-gathering, witch hunting, pumpkin spicing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ride Reports : 10/5 - 10/11 : nut-gathering, witch hunting, pumpkin spicing...

The Dept of Conservation gave the park trails out back a fresh Fall mow, so I took the tractor for a pull.

early to bed, early to web-clearing duty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ride Reports : 10/5 - 10/11 : nut-gathering, witch hunting, pumpkin spicing...

Quote Originally Posted by Nierman View Post
    The Dept of Conservation gave the park trails out back a fresh Fall mow, so I took the tractor for a pull.

early to bed, early to web-clearing duty
    Wow, that's a hell of a spider photo. I think you guys should all start replacing your turtle shots with spider close ups.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ride Reports : 10/5 - 10/11 : nut-gathering, witch hunting, pumpkin spicing...

nice little 30 mile pavement ride to north stamford, ct and bedford, ny.
    thanks to eddieb for this cycling cap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My new metal hip turned 1 month old, so I decided it was time to get outside on a moving bike instead of doing another trainer session and the normal PT.

I also decided that riding one bike wasn't enough, so I did a few laps around the neighborhood.

roughlife.jpg

All is well, just like the old hip only better. Needs miles now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dogrange View Post
    I think you guys should all start replacing your turtle shots with spider close ups.

Ran into this lovely creature on campus. Inside, but I did ride to the building.

In other news, I recently saw this VSalonista's namesake.

TH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With work and shorter days...mostly night pics from me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little traffic on the CCT this morning.
    I was headed upstream and took this after I navigated the massive downed tree- downhill folks were queued up.
    (It wasn't that foggy- just a function of my phone being in my pocket.)

my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did the MTB Mission peak loop next to my office and PR every fucking segment. Expecting to kill all of these again one I get to cut these damn bars ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snuck out for 90 minutes on a perfect day. There was a berzerker squirrel whose day was less than perfect. Sorry about that, little guy.

IMG_20151005_111403 by ultimatecrazylegs, on Flickr
    Zuzuís pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love fall riding. HUP HUP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got out for a spin after being ill for nearly 2 weeks:

Pleasantly surprised how much easier it was to pull the extra 20kg+ than I expected it to be - particularly when there were some decent ramps involved. Looking forward to more of the same.

Our little Olivia, on the other hand, *hated* wearing a helmet so much we had to give in and go without (need to sort a cushion arrangement to help make room for the helmet, then I think she'll be fine). I must have done something to scare her on the return leg too, as she 'made her mark' on the seat of the trailer with what my wife likes to refer to as a 'poonami'. Nice...!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie View Post
    Our little Olivia, on the other hand, *hated* wearing a helmet so much we had to give in and go without (need to sort a cushion arrangement to help make room for the helmet, then I think she'll be fine).
    Pulling my (now) 14-year-old in the trailer years ago, I had to put a folded up towel behind her so the support bars didn't push the helmet forward and over her face.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie View Post
    Finally got out for a spin after being ill for nearly 2 weeks:

Pleasantly surprised how much easier it was to pull the extra 20kg+ than I expected it to be - particularly when there were some decent ramps involved. Looking forward to more of the same.

Our little Olivia, on the other hand, *hated* wearing a helmet so much we had to give in and go without (need to sort a cushion arrangement to help make room for the helmet, then I think she'll be fine). I must have done something to scare her on the return leg too, as she 'made her mark' on the seat of the trailer with what my wife likes to refer to as a 'poonami'. Nice...!
    Rich, FWIW, I have pulled 3 kids in a bike trailer through little-kid-dom into the age where they ride their own bikes without once having given thought to whether they should be wearing a helmet in the trailer. I am probably negligent, but the trailers are super stable and it just never seemed like they were in enough danger of head injury in there to need a helmet. They do, of course, wear helmets when piloting their own machines, as do I. OK, I'll put my flame suit on now . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dogrange View Post
    Rich, FWIW, I have pulled 3 kids in a bike trailer through little-kid-dom into the age where they ride their own bikes without once having given thought to whether they should be wearing a helmet in the trailer. I am probably negligent, but the trailers are super stable and it just never seemed like they were in enough danger of head injury in there to need a helmet. They do, of course, wear helmets when piloting their own machines, as do I. OK, I'll put my flame suit on now . . .
    Thanks, and I completely agree, but as much as anything there's the fact that helmet use is law in Australia. That, and the fact that any cop pulling me over with Livvy not wearing a lid would probably use it as an opportunity to make an example!

Oh, and then there's the wife, who is adamant Olivia *will* wear a helmet in the trailer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I rode the trails of Cunningham Park, Queens, NY.

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Went out for a shorty after work...

Kristofer Henry : 44 BIKES : Made to Shredô
    www.44bikes.comFlickr FacebookInstagram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same route as Monday, this time with drop bars. The constellation Lycosidae shone bright in galactic trailside coruscation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took the day off to use up a vacation day.
    Morning ride

Lunch ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left at 5:30 to drive to New Paltz and ride the carriage trails.
    I saw a bobcat cross the trail about 20 feet away on Undercliff.
    I've always wanted to see one so I was pretty psyched.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ambled along the river shortly after lunchtime today. By and large the highlight was coming around a corner to find a half dozen kids on bikes riding circles around two young mothers pushing double strollers. After giving them time to shout some shrill warnings I sat up and made a panicked face while waving my arms over my head. That was a hit with everyone

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast