Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Philadelphia Bike Show

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Philadelphia Bike Show

Any news, any pictures? Hope the weather did not cause significant issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Philadelphia Bike Show

News, no picture from me. I was there Saturday. The weather didn't hit until Sunday night, so show (other than trip home for some) unaffected. Builders of note: Chris Dornbach of Dornbox was there with a nice display - recent race winning 'cross bike in all it's muddy glory, among others. Very nice guy. Bilenky there as the hometown icon with some interesting stuff. A ti builder new to me - Ritchie Moore of Cysco Cycles. A one man shop. Worth a close look for ti junkies like me. Builds beautiful ti bikes with flawless welds, offers interesting options like integrated seatmasts, etc. I inferred that he was one of Litespeed's top guys back when that meant something. A few other builders of commuter, utility and fixies. Names didn't stick with me. One carbon booth which appeared to be generic open source mold stuff. A nice booth with vintage Campagnolo stuff for the Eroica fans. A few clothing booths - some for commuter/weather gear, one with vintage wool jerseys, one with a boatload of goofball sale stuff (Bright purple wool leggings, anyone ?), a couple of cycling cap companies (one making customs). Eastern Mountain Sports (a smaller east coast REI) was a sponsor with a large tent. A Rivendell-based booth. Tandems East, a NJ-based high end tandem shop was there also. Overall a mix of the full range of "guys like us" along with some urban hipsters. Rocking food truck scene. I didn't attend any of the seminars. Overall a very nice event and nice way to turn a good day (was coming home from one of my favorite cross races) into a great day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, they been side swiped by bad weather the last two years. The bike show is good for Philly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was there good times. i had a nice chat with Marty of geekhouse. no pics unfortunately. fun show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent about 30 minutes with Rich Adams. Seems like a really good laid back guy. The bikes he had on display were really first rate. I think I found the builder for my next project. Lots of messanger bags, hats, etc from the urban scene. Took about 1.5 hours to go through everything. Food trucks outside provided lots of interesting food choices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was going to go on Sunday, but then my kitchen sink backed up and I ended up spending 6+ hours watching my landlord trying to deal with what turned out to be a clog about 40 feet down the system. Bummed to miss it.

There's always next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ldamelio View Post
    A ti builder new to me - Ritchie Moore of Cysco Cycles. A one man shop. Worth a close look for ti junkies like me. Builds beautiful ti bikes with flawless welds, offers interesting options like integrated seatmasts, etc. I inferred that he was one of Litespeed's top guys back when that meant something.

Richie is a good friend of mine and I do some web-work for him when he needs it. I have two of his bikes. A singlespeed specific steel mountain bike and a new ti road bike that he built a few months ago. Both are top notch. He's a heck of a builder and doesn't get nearly as much attention as he deserves. Good to hear that he got some looks at the show.

I should rally the Cysco owners down here in the South and start a section in the gallery. I have tried to get him to join the VSalon and get smoked out, but he'd rather weld than chat, most days. I'll keep working on him.