User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Panaracer Race A Evo 3 Gravel 32mm Tire (not a race tire, not a gravelking tire)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Panaracer Race A Evo 3 Gravel 32mm Tire (not a race tire, not a gravelking tire)

Interesting. It's not even listed on the Panaracer site under "race" or "gravel". As you suggested, Excel Sports has limited information Panaracer Race A EVO3 Gravel Tire.

I called Excel, they do not have much info but said it should be on the website in a few days. If I can get one of my brothers to visit the store I'll post more info.

Quote Originally Posted by hmai18 View Post
    Just saw these teased on the Panaracer IG:

The post refers you to Excel Sport, but it doesn't look like they've fully updated the description/listing yet. Race A Evo gravel tread 32mm.

Sounds like a winning combination: suppler sidewalls than a regular GravelKing, but maybe not as fragile as a Compass. Looking forward to seeing the final specs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Panaracer Race A Evo 3 Gravel 32mm Tire (not a race tire, not a gravelking tire)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    Interesting. It's not even listed on the Panaracer site under "race" or "gravel". As you suggested, Excel Sports has limited information Panaracer Race A EVO3 Gravel Tire.

I called Excel, they do not have much info but said it should be on the website in a few days. If I can get one of my brothers to visit the store I'll post more info.
    I wonder if those would fit on my Zanconato. Iím going to take it out on the local Tuesday Night Gravel World Championship ride thatís going on here. The Zanconato has epic tire clearance for a road bike. These will likely fit the frame but might not clear the brake calipers.
    Last edited by Saab2000; 02-27-2018 at 05:20 PM.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Panaracer Race A Evo 3 Gravel 32mm Tire (not a race tire, not a gravelking tire)

Is it tubeless? I use the Race A Evo 3 tubeless in 25mm on my road wheels. Stiff sidewalls, a lot like the sidewalls on the 35mm Gravel Kings on the Coconino. They've been great tires.
    I heart burnt bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Is it tubeless? I use the Race A Evo 3 tubeless in 25mm on my road wheels. Stiff sidewalls, a lot like the sidewalls on the 35mm Gravel Kings on the Coconino. They've been great tires.
    I asked and the person I spoke to at Excel Sports said probably not but was ultimately not sure. They literally had not yet taken them out of the shipping box from Panaracer (or wherever they get them from). I was told they should have more info on the website in a few days.

I am thinking no because if yes wouldn't it be prominently labeled on the sidewall?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be very interested in these if tubeless. Actually would be more interested in a true 28-30mm, but could make these work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I asked and the person I spoke to at Excel Sports said probably not but was ultimately not sure. They literally had not yet taken them out of the shipping box from Panaracer (or wherever they get them from). I was told they should have more info on the website in a few days.

I am thinking no because if yes wouldn't it be prominently labeled on the sidewall?
    True.
    I heart burnt bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vandenberg View Post
    I'd be very interested in these if tubeless. Actually would be more interested in a true 28-30mm, but could make these work.
    Sizes are 26, 28 and 32.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it tubeless? I use the Race A Evo 3 tubeless in 25mm on my road wheels.
    Race A Evo 3 (quite the handle!) will be tubeless.

There are some differences in construction from the Gravel King,
    the rubber compound is Zero Slip Grip in dual durometer, the GK is the natural rubber which is harder.

Casing on the GK has the anti-flat woven all around (bead to bead) whereas the Race A Evo is just
    a "protite" belt under the tread. They should feel a little more supple than the GK, and have lower rolling
    resistance on pavement.

Also, the Gravel King isn't tubeless until you get to 38mm size, up to 32mm GK's they recommend a tube.

Sort of surprising these are already at Excel and the Panaracer site does't have the new sizes updated.

-g

EPOst hoc ergo propter hoc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the 32mm only be tubeless or will there be a tubed option?

The current Race A Evo 3 tires appear to be offered in tubed and tubeless.

Quote Originally Posted by GrantM View Post

the rubber compound is Zero Slip Grip in dual durometer, the GK is the natural rubber which is harder.

Casing on the GK has the anti-flat woven all around (bead to bead) whereas the Race A Evo is just
    a "protite" belt under the tread. They should feel a little more supple than the GK, and have lower rolling
    resistance on pavement.

Also, the Gravel King isn't tubeless until you get to 38mm size, up to 32mm GK's they recommend a tube.

Sort of surprising these are already at Excel and the Panaracer site does't have the new sizes updated.

-g

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

resistance on pavement.

-g

Gravel Kings are tubeless at 35mm. Excel says 38, but Panaracer says 35 and that's what I run, tubeless.
    I heart burnt bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ordered a pair of the 32mm tires. We'll see if I can figure out what to do with them.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent! Im looking for the goldilocks tire for my next gravel bike, something between 30-35mm and can handle 50% road and 50% decent gravel. something with a bit more beef than the Compass 32 file tread.
    Eager to hear the verdicts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    I ordered a pair of the 32mm tires. We'll see if I can figure out what to do with them.
    I run Maxxis ReFuse 32mm on a set of Altamonts tubeless. Work well.
    I heart burnt bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run Maxxis ReFuse 32mm on a set of Altamonts tubeless. Work well.
    I have a set of A23 wheels I'll stick them on and switch the (new awaiting use) tires from them over to my wife's bike. She's been slicing up tires lately, and I am running low on super glue. I don't think her bike can manage 32mm.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gravel Kings are tubeless at 35mm. Excel says 38, but Panaracer says 35 and that's what I run, tubeless.
    He's talking slick tread, not the SK (knobby). there is no 35mm in the slick, it's 26,28,32 in the tubed version, and the only size in tubeless is 38.

Gravel King SK in the 35 is not indicated as tubeless by Panaracer, but it's mostly a pressure rating thing.
    You can set up any of them tubeless on the right rims, as long as you don't go too high with the pressure
    they won't blow off the rim.

-g

pan.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    Excellent! Im looking for the goldilocks tire for my next gravel bike, something between 30-35mm and can handle 50% road and 50% decent gravel. something with a bit more beef than the Compass 32 file tread.
    Eager to hear the verdicts
    WTB Exposure in 30 or 32 is another tubeless option, as well as the Schwalbe G-one speed in 30 or 35,
    or the Donnelly (formerly Clement) USH Strada in 32mm.

-g

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's talking slick tread, not the SK (knobby). there is no 35mm in the slick, it's 26,28,32 in the tubed version, and the only size in tubeless is 38.

Gravel King SK in the 35 is not indicated as tubeless by Panaracer, but it's mostly a pressure rating thing.
    You can set up any of them tubeless on the right rims, as long as you don't go too high with the pressure
    they won't blow off the rim.

-g

pan.jpg
    Yes it is tubeless, look at the entire page you snipped, every tire on that page is tubeless compatible.
    I heart burnt bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is tubeless, look at the entire page you snipped, every tire on that page is tubeless compatible.
    Yeah, you're right, the crossover point is the 32mm.

-g

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the 32mm only be tubeless or will there be a tubed option?
    You can use a tube with all the tires.
    All the new ones are being developed to mount tubeless,
    the tube-only dedicated versions are older, likely won't
    be any new tires that aren't tubeless compatible.
    there isn't any need for dedicated tube-only tires.

-g

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Drop them off at a frame builder?