User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Panaracer Race A Evo 3 Gravel 32mm Tire (not a race tire, not a gravelking tire)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Panaracer Race A Evo 3 Gravel 32mm Tire (not a race tire, not a gravelking tire)

BTW, Excel Sports has the Race A Evo3 Gravel tire back in stock in all (26, 28, 32) sizes.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Panaracer Race A Evo 3 Gravel 32mm Tire (not a race tire, not a gravelking tire)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    BTW, Excel Sports has the Race A Evo3 Gravel tire back in stock in all (26, 28, 32) sizes.
    I ordered some a few days ago. Interestingly, they only list the 32mm as individuals (and not as a 2-pack).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    And still not tubeless compatible, but the GravelKing All-Road is. For the life of me, I cannot figure out their product management strategy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jscottyk View Post
    And still not tubeless compatible, but the GravelKing All-Road is. For the life of me, I cannot figure out their product management strategy.
    This....blows my mind why any tire developed with a size 28 or bigger isn’t tubeless compatible these days. Would really like a nice 28mm tubeless tan wall tire from Compass or Panaracer...
    Nathan H

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamu8104 View Post
    This....blows my mind why any tire developed with a size 28 or bigger isn’t tubeless compatible these days. Would really like a nice 28mm tubeless tan wall tire from Compass or Panaracer...
    The Gravel King All-Road is available in brown sidewalls and 28mm and TC.

I have these in 32. They measure 35mm when mounted on a NOX Citico.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Panaracer figured out there is a market for curmudgeons.

I for one am glad to be able to get tires that are not tubeless. Just like I like being able to get steel bikes, welted sole boots, and screwdrivers with wooden handles.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 28 isn't tubeless compatible, and only the newest 32s are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
    According to the linked website, it's TC.

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 6.27.44 PM.png

But, Panaracer are masters of foggy details.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Site says the 28s are tubed, 32s are tubeless compatible......
    Nathan H

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamu8104 View Post
    Site says the 28s are tubed, 32s are tubeless compatible......
    Ah, yes. I see this now.

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 12.20.17 AM.jpg

Scrolling is my friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for comparison....The Conti's either were conservative with the label size or they stretched a bit over the past year. Both on I9 i25 wheelset.

New Race A Evo 3 Gravel 700x32mm

IMG_2854.jpg

1 year old Grand Sport Race 700x38

IMG_2855.jpg

Cheers

Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Since this has turned into the Panaracer thread, here's what the Competition SX look like mounted on a bike. I trashed a rear Conti today riding through the remnants of this weekend's multiple events around town, so I figured it was a good time to give these a shot. They feel amazing in hand. Curious to see how they ride. And whether they can survive our streets.
    Curious as to how these measure up vs. your Contis? Trying to figure out if I can fit the 25mm version onto my C59 running Bora Ones. I experimented with some different tires this weekend and found that a 26mm specialized turbo clears front and rear but the 25mm GP4000s was too tight (mainly because of the height). Any comments on width/height of the SX vs the Contis? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by majl View Post
    Curious as to how these measure up vs. your Contis? Trying to figure out if I can fit the 25mm version onto my C59 running Bora Ones. I experimented with some different tires this weekend and found that a 26mm specialized turbo clears front and rear but the 25mm GP4000s was too tight (mainly because of the height). Any comments on width/height of the SX vs the Contis? Thanks.
    I never measured the Conti 25s on the same wheels, but I have a set on similar width wheels and they measure around 27. The Panaracer Competition SX measure right around 26mm wide on the wheels pictured. My guess is that the Panaracers are taller than the Contis, though, based on the pronounced peak they feature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I never measured the Conti 25s on the same wheels, but I have a set on similar width wheels and they measure around 27. The Panaracer Competition SX measure right around 26mm wide on the wheels pictured. My guess is that the Panaracers are taller than the Contis, though, based on the pronounced peak they feature.
    Thx for the note. Sounds like I will have to pass on them. Definitely can't clear anything taller than a Conti.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I did my first 25 miles on the 28mm version of these tires today on my Kirk. Smooth, responsive, good on the little gravel I saw. The 28s run a hair small on my older model Campagnolo Shamal Milles. First impressions are really really good--so I look forward to more miles on them. Easy to mount; look good. Will order some 32s for my Firefly based on this experience.

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 thumbs up for 28mm EVO SX. Fantastic tire! I run these at ~60 psi with Vittoria latex tube. They measure 29mm on 19mm wheel. These tires keep on rolling. They are so supple next to open tubular 25mm Veloflex Master and 28mm Conti GP4000S (measured ~30mm wide).
    As a matter of fact they feel as supple as my 38mm Panaracer GK slicks at 40 psi. Too bad that inventory depleted Panaracer EVO Competition SX Tire - Tires - Clincher - Excel Sports

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been really enjoying these on my Aeolus wheelset. They are supple and fast. No punctures or wear at all after several hundred miles.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567