User Tag List

Thread: Oregon Gravel Grinder Series (Bend) opinions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oregon Gravel Grinder Series (Bend) opinions?

Anyone ever ridden the Cascade Gravel Grinder ride that's part of the Oregon Gravel Grinder series? Cascade Gravel Grinder - Oregon Gravel Grinder

I'm riding it this year and debating between the 50 mile and 68 mile route. If you've ridden it, does the 68 mile route encompass any kind of "not-to-be-missed" riding? It's only an 18 mile difference, so this might be splitting hairs, but I'll be staying in Bend with some friends that weekend, so I'm trying to decide whether to do the shorter ride to allow more time with friends, or whether to do the longer version.

Thanks!

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Oregon Gravel Grinder Series (Bend) opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by rsl View Post
    Anyone ever ridden the Cascade Gravel Grinder ride that's part of the Oregon Gravel Grinder series? Cascade Gravel Grinder - Oregon Gravel Grinder

I'm riding it this year and debating between the 50 mile and 68 mile route. If you've ridden it, does the 68 mile route encompass any kind of "not-to-be-missed" riding? It's only an 18 mile difference, so this might be splitting hairs, but I'll be staying in Bend with some friends that weekend, so I'm trying to decide whether to do the shorter ride to allow more time with friends, or whether to do the longer version.

Thanks!

Ryan
    Well, I'm registered for the longer version - so we could spin some miles together - but I didn't consciously choose one vs. the other - guess I'm just of the mind to always do the longer distance..
    Dan in Oregon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

local here - it's beautiful country out there, but those additional miles aren't going to be life changing.
    PM me if you need the local connection for where the tourist crowd won't be so heavy, or for other ride possibilities that catch a different bit of our incredible riding around here.

Heya 39! don't even recall what deals we did across the hall, but you stood out as good people - same bikes-on-the-internet courtesy to you, PM for reccos or any local support you may need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all! Just registered for the longer ride and will decide day of. Will send a PM to get the local scoop—thanks for the offer! And I’m happy to meet other salonistas whenever and wherever! Would be happy to do some miles with both of you at this event if we want to figure out how to connect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rsl View Post
    Thanks all! Just registered for the longer ride and will decide day of. Will send a PM to get the local scoop—thanks for the offer! And I’m happy to meet other salonistas whenever and wherever! Would be happy to do some miles with both of you at this event if we want to figure out how to connect.
    well, humorously, i don't ride bikes at this point in life, but maybe?
    hit me up :)