Thread: Oh, pardon me while I grab your neck and jam my knee in your chest

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oh, pardon me while I grab your neck and jam my knee in your chest

Great shot here from NY times:

Got any pics of cycling battle royale's?

There's Hinault famously swinging a punch to someone during a race (see below, so awesome especially if that fist flies straight on, which something tells me it will).

Other than that....anything good?

Luxemburgers throwing stinky cheese, perhaps?

[edit, found this one. looks brutal. "hey you big fat jerk, i'm going to make you smell my finger." ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Oh, pardon me while I grab your neck and jam my knee in your chest

awesome!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barredo and Rui is one good bike fight....there is a you tube out there on it.

And I can not remember who got into a scuffle with Bobby J a few years back....but that was a good girl fight (er I mean biker fight)

And then of course there is Zanoli vs Big Phinney at the Tour Dupont.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bottle ride View Post
    Barredo and Rui is one good bike fight....there is a you tube out there on it.

And I can not remember who got into a scuffle with Bobby J a few years back....but that was a good girl fight (er I mean biker fight)
    I believe it was Blijlevens (sp?).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well here's a different kind of fighting while on bike....

Of all things, fun stuff here:

Bicycle infantry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"During World War I, cycle-mounted infantry, scouts, messengers and ambulance carriers were extensively used by all combatants. Italy used bicycles with the Bersaglieri (light infantry units) until the end of the war. German Army Jäger (light infantry) battalions each had a bicycle company (Radfahr-Kompanie) at the outbreak of the war, and additional companies were raised during the war bringing the total to 80 companies, a number of which were formed into eight Radfahr-Bataillonen (bicycle battalions). In its aftermath, the German Army conducted a study on the use of the cycle and published its findings in a report entitled Die Radfahrertruppe[citation needed]. The British Army had cyclist companies in its divisions, and later a whole division became The Cyclist Division."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought it looked exactly like Hinault was punching a woman in that pic.- I realize he is not, but like to think he could have been

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite:

Tour de France Fight (2010 - Rui Costa vs Carlos Barredo). Barredo shows up with a wheel and bounces it off the other fellas head. Then has it taken from him. Good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boink!

awesome.

i totally forgot about that incident.

hmmm, what would make a more effective weapon to thwap someone with, zipp 808's or ambrosio nemesis?

Quote Originally Posted by lavi View Post
    My favorite:

Tour de France Fight (2010 - Rui Costa vs Carlos Barredo). Barredo shows up with a wheel and bounces it off the other fellas head. Then has it taken from him. Good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if racers only carried frame pumps....think about it....street fencing by skinny guys in spandex.... entertainment galore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys need to get this thread renamed into something interesting to get attention. FWIW the Nemesis would be way better than an 808 as a weapon (sans tire of course. at least make sure it is flat.).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought that head butting someone in a sprint was impressive.

This is cool too:

There is water at the bottom of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have a shot from when Belli punched a Simoni supporter (Gibo's nephew?) during a stage when he was in 3rd place and got ejected from the race?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: Oh, pardon me while I grab your neck and jam my knee in your chest

Quote Originally Posted by 54ny77 View Post
    Great shot here from NY times:

Got any pics of cycling battle royale's?

]
    That's rubgy, where seemingly part of the game involves jamming your head up another man's bottom. No wonder they get a bit shitty with each other during games...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    That's rubgy, where seemingly part of the game involves jamming your head up another man's bottom. No wonder they get a bit shitty with each other during games...
    Yes but the tradition is to go out to a bar afterwards with the opposing team. Drink large huge amounts of beer and sing ribald songs.

THAT'S entertainment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to paraphrase Mean Gene Okerlund, a recent shot of the Badger "leaping off the top turnbuckle" at the '09 Tour.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite part of the Hinault punching picture is not what looks like a female victim, but the man who is running away flailing his arms in fear. I didn't know people actually did that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't Hinault get a ribs or ribs broken in this stoush (the black and white La Vie Claire shot)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    As a former rugger, I can confirm that this photograph depicts what is colloquially known as "playing rugby." This happens something like fifty times a match.

I quit playing when the soreness + hangover took more than a few hours to clear up. It is a sport for the young, for physical specimens, and for the insane. Beware of fifty-year-olds who still play.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to link up the Wellens Karate Kid clip, but Groenendael is better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    As a former rugger, I can confirm that this photograph depicts what is colloquially known as "playing rugby." This happens something like fifty times a match.

I quit playing when the soreness + hangover took more than a few hours to clear up. It is a sport for the young, for physical specimens, and for the insane. Beware of fifty-year-olds who still play.
    My 17 year-old played on a squad this past Spring for the first time, after years of wanting to do it. He loved it madly. He's 6'6" and 180lbs..so not the usual Rugger build..but he was the guy they hoisted up in the air to intercept inbounds balls. Sorry..don't know the proper lingo..but that's what he did. He is so happy to have found another brutal sport to play when it's not football or basketball season. I keep trying to get him to try cyclocross. He'd be super at it I suspect.

Best Rugby quote overheard; "Rugby is like cocktail parties...a game of violence played by gentlemen"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast