User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 135

Thread: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Clemson SC
    Posts
    2,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    Darren was right. Bread makes you fat. I thought all those PRs on 4-10min hills meant I had gained muscle over the last few years. No. I was just stronger.

    I've dumped 7 pounds in 4 weeks by just not shoving so much in my fat slag pudding hole and I just got, duh, faster. 8 more to go and I'll either be really fucking fast or a useless skinny old douche.

    168 and counting down, here.
     

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    14,612
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    I may need this thread. I've had a crazy stressful year and very little motivation or discipline. The fact that I can't really cross-train due to jacked up shoulders has just given me an excuse to let things go a bit and eat shit food and drink a lot more. Doofus, you're inspiring me to get back on track. I'm cutting back on bread immediately! Right after I finish this sub.
     

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    Please help me with my bread addiction- I cant seem to help myself...I will never get below the 155 mark if I keep eating PBandJ all night long.

    If you see me with a piece of bread in my hand- please slap it out of my hand.
     

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Cape Ann, MA
    Posts
    2,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    It ain't just bread. I don't eat bread (or much other starch/sugar for that matter), but I recently began in indulging in a couple beers here and there and noticed an immediate impact on my gut fat from all that sugar water. I think I'll keep doing it, though . . . the beer tastes good.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Clemson SC
    Posts
    2,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    bread and industrial quantities of peanut butter were my undoing

    that and muffins and chocolate

    preferably all together in a hot foursome
     

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    1,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DOOFUS View Post
    bread and industrial quantities of peanut butter were my undoing

    that and muffins and chocolate

    preferably all together in a hot foursome
    Me too! An pizza. And noodles. Add in 60+ hpw at work and some sleep deprivation and I'm a fat fucking slug.

    Oh well. Ill keep trying to ride as much as possible, eat a little less and see where I end up.

    Oink oink.
     

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    I love good bread in all it's incarnations and giving it up, (98.5% anyway) was hard. Same with pasta. Love it...can't do it anywhere near as often as I'd like. I could never give up peanut butter, though. Life IS short, after all.
     

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Cape Ann, MA
    Posts
    2,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RickM View Post
    I love good bread in all it's incarnations and giving it up, (98.5% anyway) was hard. Same with pasta. Love it...can't do it anywhere near as often as I'd like. I could never give up peanut butter, though. Life IS short, after all.
    I think if you delete the bread and pasta, you will be able to eat peanut butter by the pint and have no weight gain. That's assuming you aren't eating Jif, Skippy or the like, which have tons of sugar and trans-fats added.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heartlandia
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    I've dropped 4 lbs last week in my ramp-up attempt at 48,000 pushups in Sept. Even stopped at 1 beer at a BBQ this weekend - conscious that I'd be getting up early and pushing. I might not be in CX form but I'll podium the bike toss and be designated keg-pumper at races.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    this is awesome and timely, i'm in

    what are we doing about alcohol? can i keep that train rolling?
     

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dirtville
    Posts
    9,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    i'm an hour too late. i just had a f'ing bagel sandwich so i'm effed for the day.

    badonk- i think you have to limit the booze to just tequila. or beer and no dinner.
     

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dogrange View Post
    I think if you delete the bread and pasta, you will be able to eat peanut butter by the pint and have no weight gain. That's assuming you aren't eating Jif, Skippy or the like, which have tons of sugar and trans-fats added.
    I make my own PB. EasyPeasy. As for booze...I maintain that for those with a big load to lose...you gotta give up booze until you've lost the flub..then resume in whatever your definition of Moderation is. I try to stick to red wine, but brown whiskey is an occasional friend of mine.
     

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Byron Bay Australia
    Posts
    903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    I've just cut three large full fat coffees a day out and have found that had a big impact. I now have them short and sharp, no milk. Also reducing portion size has had a huge impact. Recently watched a series called 'The Men who made us fat' and quickly realised I'd been overheating for years.

    I'm a diabetic so keeping an eye on this stuff is important. I've found reducing insulin and portion size has flattened my BSL profile really easily. Also cutting the milk coffees has had a positive effect.
     

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    algood, tennessee, USA
    Posts
    1,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    Doof, how tall are you?? Please say 4'6".
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fairfax, California
    Posts
    2,665
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    Don't blame the bread.
    I am about as light as I ever have been (while still maintaining good health and fitness)- 64 kg yesterday. Been wavering between 63.5-65 kg.
    I eat bread for recovering after just about every training ride. Though it is gluten free bread from the most awesome gluten free bakery around.
    I often follow it up with a bowl of brown rice with brown rice syrup on top.
    Carbs are not bad for you. You just need to know how much you need.
    I do pay attention to how many calories I burn in a day vs. how many grams of carbs that I take in.
    I know that everyone is into low carb these days- but I shoot for about 60% of my calories from carbs.
    On big ride days where I also do some gym work I may eat more than 800 grams of just carbs-
     

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by boots2000 View Post
    Don't blame the bread.
    I am about as light as I ever have been (while still maintaining good health and fitness)- 64 kg yesterday. Been wavering between 63.5-65 kg.
    I eat bread for recovering after just about every training ride. Though it is gluten free bread from the most awesome gluten free bakery around.
    I often follow it up with a bowl of brown rice with brown rice syrup on top.
    Carbs are not bad for you. You just need to know how much you need.
    I do pay attention to how many calories I burn in a day vs. how many grams of carbs that I take in.
    I know that everyone is into low carb these days- but I shoot for about 60% of my calories from carbs.
    On big ride days where I also do some gym work I may eat more than 800 grams of just carbs-
    oh god please don't tell me i have to eat less and push myself harder and stop going to restaurants all the time. damn you, environment!
     

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fairfax, California
    Posts
    2,665
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    Only if you want to be skinny-
     

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Puyallup, WA
    Posts
    3,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    Garlic bread... You can have it when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers...

    Okay, seriously, I've always just eaten how I feel and let my activity level balance it out. I've hovered between 145 and 165 for the last 20 years (with an exceptional 195 when I went on a big bulking cycle with weight lifting). I'm at about 160 now. I can't eat like I used to, not because I'll get fat (I will, but that's not the reason), I just can't eat that much any more. My digestive system won't do it.

    I dropped almost 15 lbs the year I did RAMROD just by dropping my daily Mt Dew to half Diet Dew (and more riding). That was 2 years ago. I haven't gained it all back yet, but I'm still doing half Diet...
    DT

    http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

    Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

    "the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

    "Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    algood, tennessee, USA
    Posts
    1,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    Diet Dew is redneck cocaine, well, actually Mt. dew is. I have quit 2 things in my life, mt. Dew and chewing tobacco. Damn it, I miss them both. Like losing a best friend..

    Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    Garlic bread... You can have it when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers...

    Okay, seriously, I've always just eaten how I feel and let my activity level balance it out. I've hovered between 145 and 165 for the last 20 years (with an exceptional 195 when I went on a big bulking cycle with weight lifting). I'm at about 160 now. I can't eat like I used to, not because I'll get fat (I will, but that's not the reason), I just can't eat that much any more. My digestive system won't do it.

    I dropped almost 15 lbs the year I did RAMROD just by dropping my daily Mt Dew to half Diet Dew (and more riding). That was 2 years ago. I haven't gained it all back yet, but I'm still doing half Diet...
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Coventry, RI
    Posts
    727
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Off-Season 2014-15 Fat Slag Support Thread

    Climbing Mauna Kea next summer. Need to drop at least 30.
    I'm either on a strict diet or eating way too much, no in between with me.
     

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I'll support this cat.
    By Applesauce in forum VSalon Pro-Bicycle Tech
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 08:39 PM
  2. 2014 Cheesehead Roubaix - April 27, 2014
    By dogrange in forum Events
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2014, 02:05 PM
  3. Velocipede Salon caravan support car
    By christian in forum The OT
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 09:02 PM
  4. D2R2 support?
    By ides1056 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 01:40 PM
  5. Spooky team support, 2011
    By suspectdevice in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 07:27 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •