Thread: Is my F10 too stiff ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is my F10 too stiff ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    That's the point I made earlier. There is probably no customer for a 59.5 that is less than 75kg.
    I'd have to lose a lot more than fat to get there. Confirmed by a Dexa scan haha.
    --------------------
    another jaunt
    REBAR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT but yes, well spotted Bruce.

Eastern Vermont, White River Junction-Hanover, NH area
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody following Clean's thread about a Dogma on the Paceline Forum? Check out his recent post about the F8 X-light he got in the mail from Chain Reaction.

Don't think I will ever order anything from them, let's put it that way...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    Anybody following Clean's thread about a Dogma on the Paceline Forum? Check out his recent post about the F8 X-light he got in the mail from Chain Reaction.

Don't think I will ever order anything from them, let's put it that way...
    Yep - and so we will remain forever in the dark about how a 59.5 X-Light would ride under an 85kg (and falling) rouleur..

Mistakes get made, but how any company can ship out an $8.5K frameset with zero protection beyond a flimsy bubble-wrap bag is beyond me.

Kirk MRB | Ridley Fenix SLX Disc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
    ...how any company can ship out an $8.5K frameset with zero protection beyond a flimsy bubble-wrap bag is beyond me.
    Especially given that they’re so prone to completely overpacking really small items. Idiots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
    Mistakes get made, but how any company can ship out an $8.5K frameset with zero protection beyond a flimsy bubble-wrap bag is beyond me.
    I guess because it is still cheaper to hire people and not train them to know and recognize an item that should be more protected than another than to refund a few customers here and there.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brexit brain drain. Plus all the cardboard is getting used for packing household items and shipped to the continent.

Hope things work out the way they should.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    That weight limit does not really scare me much, I am sort of curious if it would ride softer or any different than the standard F8. They are not going to find a lot of riders fitting that 59.5 frame that are less than 75k.
    everyone who is riding a 59,5 Dogma for a living is under 75kg.

the weight limit is to keep a Theo Bos off this bike- not the average rider who isn't going to put out anywhere near the power that a 165lb pro cyclist would. These things are pretty much built in the same way as all the F8s but with thinner wall thicknesses like the the fancy TT bikes. If they do fall over and crack- the bike isn't really repairable because the stresses will migrate elsewhere and all of a sudden you'll get a random crack there. I tried to repair a number of Montellos and F8s and X-Lights and it didn't matter who did the repair- the bike broke again in short order and it also never rode the same.

I know a bunch of you gave me shit for me sharing with you what the folks at Pinarello told me concerning how the carbon in these bikes is basically taut and under tension and if that tension is relieved in anyway like through a puncture to the carbon- the bike isn't going to behave in the same way.

These things are really cool bikes- they are weird because they exhibit the best aspects of a heavy solid rigid race bike and the best feelings of a super light weight bike. They all feel planted and solid but like they want to jump.

Honestly an F10 Dogma X-Light is pretty much how I want a race bike to ride. As I think Lionel can attest- the Aerotack is pretty similar to an F8 Dogma that's a little bit heavier especially in bigger sizes. Of course- the advantage to an Aerotack is that we can tweak everything about the bike in a way you can't with a monocoque production bike. Still- if you fit a Dogma X-Light perfectly- couldn't imagine a bike that handles better or looks better- yeah. that's pretty much the only guy I'd honestly tell to not buy an Aerotack- because he'd pretty much be getting the exact same thing with a slight weight, cost, and lead time penalty. Of course if he loves his F8 but wishes it was a bit more stable- or that it was a touch less jarring over chip and seal roads- or that it was even stiffer along the top tube- or it has clearance for a 30mm tire on a dumb fat rim etc. etc. I guess you should get one.

Actually- no you shouldn't. Your should wait until NAHBS and see the next generation of carbon aero race bikes from Gaulzetti- because we changed pretty much EVERYTHING to the point that I may not even call this new bike the Aerotack.

So there's my thread hijack.
    C
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    .Actually- no you shouldn't. Your should wait until NAHBS and see the next generation of carbon aero race bikes from Gaulzetti- because we changed pretty much EVERYTHING to the point that I may not even call this new bike the Aerotack.

C

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    everyone who is riding a 59,5 Dogma for a living is under 75kg.

the weight limit is to keep a Theo Bos off this bike- not the average rider who isn't going to put out anywhere near the power that a 165lb pro cyclist would. These things are pretty much built in the same way as all the F8s but with thinner wall thicknesses like the the fancy TT bikes. If they do fall over and crack- the bike isn't really repairable because the stresses will migrate elsewhere and all of a sudden you'll get a random crack there. I tried to repair a number of Montellos and F8s and X-Lights and it didn't matter who did the repair- the bike broke again in short order and it also never rode the same.

I know a bunch of you gave me shit for me sharing with you what the folks at Pinarello told me concerning how the carbon in these bikes is basically taut and under tension and if that tension is relieved in anyway like through a puncture to the carbon- the bike isn't going to behave in the same way.

These things are really cool bikes- they are weird because they exhibit the best aspects of a heavy solid rigid race bike and the best feelings of a super light weight bike. They all feel planted and solid but like they want to jump.

Honestly an F10 Dogma X-Light is pretty much how I want a race bike to ride. As I think Lionel can attest- the Aerotack is pretty similar to an F8 Dogma that's a little bit heavier especially in bigger sizes. Of course- the advantage to an Aerotack is that we can tweak everything about the bike in a way you can't with a monocoque production bike. Still- if you fit a Dogma X-Light perfectly- couldn't imagine a bike that handles better or looks better- yeah. that's pretty much the only guy I'd honestly tell to not buy an Aerotack- because he'd pretty much be getting the exact same thing with a slight weight, cost, and lead time penalty. Of course if he loves his F8 but wishes it was a bit more stable- or that it was a touch less jarring over chip and seal roads- or that it was even stiffer along the top tube- or it has clearance for a 30mm tire on a dumb fat rim etc. etc. I guess you should get one.

Actually- no you shouldn't. Your should wait until NAHBS and see the next generation of carbon aero race bikes from Gaulzetti- because we changed pretty much EVERYTHING to the point that I may not even call this new bike the Aerotack.

C
    Thank you for sharing all that - I know I'll get to SD (and up the coast a bit) late summer - maybe before then - really looking forward to trying an Aerotack (or whatever is coming next..) after nodding my head in agreement with all of your insights on this thread and elsewhere..
    Kirk MRB | Ridley Fenix SLX Disc