Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Male Plumbing - Prostatitis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Male Plumbing - Prostatitis

Awkward question and story I have been off bike for last week and in bed laid out for last two days fever, chills, total lack of energy, painful urination etc etc, 41 years old and my doctor says you have prostatitis. This is the second time in less than 12 months. I fear that my extra time on the bike over the same period is causing it. I have changed saddles from a toupe 143 to a toupe 155 when this first occurred and have already purchased a new antares saddle to try. However, I think I may be needing something more like the selle smp. Does anybody use the smp saddles? If you had similar ailments did it cure them?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

G

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im 20, the toupe 143mm cured it for me the first time around, dealing with other peeing issues now. Shouldnt have to deal with this shit at my age.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suffered from prostatitis/cpps/interstitial cystitis for 10 years. If you are having acute prostatitis flare ups I would do the boiled broccoli broth treatment.

http://www.chronicprostatitis.com/broccoli.html

Yes, it sounds totally ridiculous, but I only wish I had done it sooner.

My perfected routine was to boil a 10oz frozen square of broccoli in 700ml water in a round french fry insert in a pan for 7 minutes. Lift the fryer insert out with the broccoli, let the broth cool for a bit and then chug warm. Drinking it cold was horrific. I made this twice a day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just google smp saddles and im sure you'll get lotsa info. i dont buy into them but thats just atmo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had chronic prostatitis for 24 years and, coincidentally, use Selle SMP Gliders on both my Serottas.

One has nothing to do with the other.

Riding does not exacerbate CP. Anyone who says so is trying to sell you something atmo.

When I have a flare-up I treat it but continue riding. It is a literal pain in the ***, but then so is sitting, standing, walking, lying down, etc.

Mom: He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle.

Dad: Yeah... well... now his body's fine, but his mind is gone.

-Breaking Away

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to sound negative, but hopefully you are also getting your PSA level checked regularly, as well as actual prostate exam?
    My father was just diagnosed with Stage 3 prostate cancer, Gleason 10. His urologist thought it was prostatitis a year ago and pretty much ignored it despite numerous complaints from my father. The urologist has since been rather apologetic about the situation.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy00 View Post
    Not to sound negative, but hopefully you are also getting your PSA level checked regularly, as well as actual prostate exam?
    My father was just diagnosed with Stage 3 prostate cancer, Gleason 10. His urologist thought it was prostatitis a year ago and pretty much ignored it despite numerous complaints from my father. The urologist has since been rather apologetic about the situation.....
    That doctor should be examined...