Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LeMond Revolution?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LeMond Revolution?

Anyone use a LeMond Revolution yet? I'm thinking about replacing a Blackburn Mag trainer and it looks promising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: LeMond Revolution?

It's great, one of the best trainers I ever used (demo'ed). The price has been the only thing that has kept me from buying one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tried one for a few minutes at a shop yesterday

awesome feel, very natural with a good coastdown, like a Kurt Kinetic

loud as shit

I'm not in the trainer market, but if I was, I'd have a hard time with this one. On one hand, I'm a 45-year old geezer who still loves and identifies with Greg Lemond, for cycling and non-cycling reasons. If his bike company got back on its feet, a Lemond is the bike I've wanted since 1990 but never had.

On the other hand, I still think the Kurt Kinetic is about as good as trainers get.
    Robert Kendrick

my small corner of the poetry world:

http://robertleekendrick.net

recent book

https://irisbooks.com/product/what-o...th-brilliance/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought one a week ago and did a two hour spin a couple of days ago on it, used a shimano cassette and shifted ok with my campy bits. I used a small riser to make it feel a bit more like a road position. Never had a trainer before but this year with the rain, and my wife said she might use it, I made the purchase. I thought about rollers like emotion, etc but this seems easier for her to wrap her head around. Tough to be in the same room if you want to read a book but if you have a dedicated space and close the door it's ok. Spins well and seems harder than the road...even while watching Date Night with Tina Fey and Steve Carrell.

I'd rather have a Sachs cross bike...what's the toptube on the 50?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just did my first workout on mine. Pretty loud (definately not for apartment dwellers). Extremely smooth, especially noticeable when spinning easy- most trainers feel funky going over the top. Lots of resistance and very road like. I was doing tempo in a 53/19 and the cadence difference between that and the 53/21 was about 10 rpm- similar to road. The 19 felt muscular, the 21 very aerobic- It would have taken me 105 or so rpms to do what I wanted in the smaller gear. I was putting out about 20 watts less than same effort on the road. Don't know if that is because I suck on the trainer, or if that is just the way it is.
    I plan to stick with it for at least one of my specific workouts per week- Aussie style!
    It removes many variables that you encounter on the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would think they would have made it a fluid or magnetic trainer to avoid having sound issues on something that expensive. It's like he is still endorsing the Vetta trainer that I had in 1986.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a large fan with a hefty flywheel at its outer most dia. this is why it is sooo smooth. couldn't be done as effectively with fluids or magnets. while i have put my love for GL far behind me, i'll probably opt for one of these soon. they seem to be the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You would think they would have made it a fluid or magnetic trainer to avoid having sound issues on something that expensive. It's like he is still endorsing the Vetta trainer that I had in 1986.
    Last edited by crumpton; 12-21-2010 at 10:31 PM.
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram
    "Tradition is a guide, not a jailer" —Justin Robinson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate the way they charge more for a Campag version......ie. you get a Shimano version of a freehub/cassette mount..thrown in, but have to but have to buy an additional Campag version. This means not only paying more but paying for something you aren't going to use (if you run exclusive Campag).

Apart from that .......the design seems sound( See what I did there? )

Bah Humbug!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kinetic rules
    completely quiet also.

does the job

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had one for about a month. Power transmission feels great. It's amazingly loud though and the flywheel on mine isn't balanced well which sets up a pretty wicked vibration that seems to exaggerate the sound transmitted through the floor. I'm no trainer junkie but this one feels better than any other I've tried.
    Sean Chaney
    www.vertigocycles.com
    a peek behind the curtain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vertigo,
    i read yr description.
    amazingly loud
    not balanced
    wicked vibration
    extra noisy

and cant come up with any reason that you would say that it feels better than anything?
    clarify?
    it sounds un useable from yr description.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    vertigo,
    i read yr description.
    amazingly loud
    not balanced
    wicked vibration
    extra noisy

and cant come up with any reason that you would say that it feels better than anything?
    clarify?
    it sounds un useable from yr description.
    I can't feel the vibration through the saddle, it transmits through the floor and adds to the noise. So, IMO, the FEEL is wonderful especially compared to any fluid or mag trainer I've been on. It's the noise that irks me, especially considering I got it to put some time on my legs while my daughter is napping. I can't ride it inside and instead of catching up on 30Rock, I'm staring at all the metal I should sweep off the shop floor. My only disappointment is that I can't ride it inside (considering that it would be setup about 8ft from my daughters crib on the other side of a wall).

to be clear, I've only ridden Cyclops fluid trainers, Blackburn mag trainers and some Kreitler rollers. So when I write that the GL feels better than anything I've tried...there you go.

Riding trainers ranks among my least enjoyable activities. It's down there with cleaning up after my dog, changing the diaper pail and installing CAT5 in an attic with blown insulation on a 100° day. The noise and the fact that I have to ride it in the shop doesn't actually demote it much.
    Sean Chaney
    www.vertigocycles.com
    a peek behind the curtain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get no vibration or wobbles on mine. Call them up and ask for another flywheel.
    The Lemond trainer is meant to be a less expensive (and possible improved), and smaller version of the Aussie style erg trainer.
    Dazza actually makes (or made) them: Llewellyn Bikes: Products and Services: Training Ergos
    and bike technologies: BT Advanced Training System | Bike Technologies

Last time I checked the Aussie versions were around 2k

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LeMond seem to me to be a new version of the trainer I saw back in 1985 when I worked in Chicago. I think it's name was Road Machine. Same design of replacing the rear wheel with a flywheeled fan with a set of cogs (a freewheel back then). Was it made by Houdial (sp?), the Power Cam people?
    Andy Stewart
    10%

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trainers blow

pony up the cash to go e-motion or tru trainer

e-motions if you need to sustain more than 400w for 3+ minutes

tru trainers otherwise

the tru trainers will do sprints, but the internal flywheel plays dumb when you try to sustain a high-ish (my 5min power is flux's 30min power) output for a VO2 effort. the e-motions don't fold, but you can do all kinds of stupid sustained watts on those things.

trainers blow imho
    Robert Kendrick

my small corner of the poetry world:

http://robertleekendrick.net

recent book

https://irisbooks.com/product/what-o...th-brilliance/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of the Lemond Revolution, if anyone is in NYC and wants to give them a go, EMS is doing a demo event on Thursday night. Link here
    Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The great thing about the Rev is that it doesn't wear out your tires, I shop I work at had a demo that I used all cross season and it was great, I hate using cross tires on a trainer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried one of these at the LBS and would not spend so much monet on something so loud (annoying). Also tried the Kinetic but finally settled on the 1UP USA to replace my Blackburn trackstand. The 1UP USA is super quiet, totaly stable and very adjustable. For my money it is the best available trainer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mattsbeers View Post
    The great thing about the Rev is that it doesn't wear out your tires, I shop I work at had a demo that I used all cross season and it was great, I hate using cross tires on a trainer.
    Extra rear wheel with a Conti Trainer tire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good feel, bit expensive for what you get, loud in normal use and stupid loud if you do intervals. Kurt & Trainer wheel is cheaper and better for most people IMHO.
    Everything's Coming Up Milhouse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast