User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Happy New Year!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Reno/Tahoe, Nevada
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Happy New Year!

    Been dealing with holidays without my Mom and waiting for the snow to melt and running like there was no tomorrow since I am keeping my resolution from last year for no indoor trainer. At last I am off for some big rides and sunshine in the SF Bay Area to ring in the New Year with my Dad and my peeps. Donner Pass better stay clear until I get outta town!

    Miss you guys (gals). Just haven't been doing the things I always did since my Mom left the earth last August. Lots of trips and plans and new stuff and "Disturbed" as soon as it is Jan 4th, I will have some answers for you and your new rig!!!

    Hearts to the admins for creating this space! Love and Love! XOXOXOXOXO

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorj View Post
    Been dealing with holidays without my Mom and waiting for the snow to melt and running like there was no tomorrow since I am keeping my resolution from last year for no indoor trainer. At last I am off for some big rides and sunshine in the SF Bay Area to ring in the New Year with my Dad and my peeps. Donner Pass better stay clear until I get outta town!

    Miss you guys (gals). Just haven't been doing the things I always did since my Mom left the earth last August. Lots of trips and plans and new stuff and "Disturbed" as soon as it is Jan 4th, I will have some answers for you and your new rig!!!

    Hearts to the admins for creating this space! Love and Love! XOXOXOXOXO
    Good to hear from you, and sorry for your loss.

    I had a tough time during the holidays for many years after my dad passed away just before Christmas (1989, seems not that long ago) Having kids really brings back the joy to the season for me, so now thinking of my dad is more bittersweet.

    Have some great rides while you are down here and enjoy the time with your dad.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    happy holidays joni!

    now where the fuck is mike mellone's campy gear bag?

    just kidding- all the best to you and mike,

    craig

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Charlottesville
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nothing but Love and good energy to you Joni! You rock my rollmo!
    "make the break"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Reno/Tahoe, Nevada
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hope you are kidding because it shipped the day I spoke with you. If you *really* don't have it call Sinclair tomorrow morning---ask for Joe to track it.

    We made it over the snowy pass and the next 4 days are blissful riding and remembering my Mom and hanging with my Dad, dog and Mike! Sweeeeet! pdmtong and watoni, I will be in your stomping grounds going up and down the hills. perhaps we will meet! I'll be the little gal on my Seven wearing Campy-everything! I love being in the SFBay!

    Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    happy holidays joni!

    now where the fuck is mike mellone's campy gear bag?

    just kidding- all the best to you and mike,

    craig

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    27,473
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks J.T. you rock. Looking forward to a real real fine 2010 :)

    Hey, go ride your bike!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    no shore, mass
    Posts
    14,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    im mike mellones agent.
    where is our/ his gear bag?

    haha
    happy new year jt.
    see you later.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    2,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Happy New Year Joni!
    Been dashing around "the loop" every day trying to work off my holiday indulgences. Have not yet seen the famous red-headed blur zipping by. Am on the look-out!

    Sorry can't sag for you - although I'm off, wife is working and spending most days on daughter duty. Look for us rolling around downtown with our peets cups in hand...madz on 'blades and me on a silver trek lime. Coasting technology!

    Very wise words from you: the happiest people may not have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
    And good thoughts for mom.
    paul

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorj View Post
    We made it over the snowy pass and the next 4 days are blissful riding and remembering my Mom and hanging with my Dad, dog and Mike! Sweeeeet! pdmtong and watoni, I will be in your stomping grounds going up and down the hills. perhaps we will meet! I'll be the little gal on my Seven wearing Campy-everything! I love being in the SFBay!
    Cool! I am hoping to head out to the coast this afternoon (between noon and 1pm?) via Old la Honda/84/Stage/Tunitas, especially since the rain seems to have come last night instead of today.

    If you see a dude lumbering along on a Ti Serotta with PMP compact cranks, give a wave ...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Reno/Tahoe, Nevada
    Posts
    1,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ...a BIG rider's BUZZ!!

    Watoni---I am doing the coast ride tomorrow methinks. Rode up Mt. Hamilton and it was spectacular! Mike rode both sides---WOW! I've said it before and I will say it again---Living in the SFBay Area is living in G-D's country--Not a single motorcycle on the climb and only 5 cars for the 20 mile uphill (Holidays rule for traffic) and even less for the decent. The recent rain musta cleared the air--I could see all the way to SF and beyond from the observatory!

    Paul--depending on the weather I will be in the Palo Alto neighborhood tomorrow and maybe will catch you---maybe your gal wants to climb OLH?

    This will always be home for me. Miss my Mom but know for sure she was smiling on me today---

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorj View Post
    Watoni---I am doing the coast ride tomorrow methinks. Rode up Mt. Hamilton and it was spectacular! Mike rode both sides---WOW! I've said it before and I will say it again---Living in the SFBay Area is living in G-D's country--Not a single motorcycle on the climb and only 5 cars for the 20 mile uphill (Holidays rule for traffic) and even less for the decent. The recent rain musta cleared the air--I could see all the way to SF and beyond from the observatory!

    Paul--depending on the weather I will be in the Palo Alto neighborhood tomorrow and maybe will catch you---maybe your gal wants to climb OLH?

    This will always be home for me. Miss my Mom but know for sure she was smiling on me today---
    Yup, great day out.

    2 days in a row now after coming back from the East Coast so I might be tempted tomorrow but then Vlad will waste me early New Year's morning on Diablo ...

    My loop today, speaking of OLH:

    http://ridewithgps.com/trips/10664

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •