Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Gravel Goes Legit - New Shimano GRX Groups

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gravel Goes Legit - New Shimano GRX Groups

Has anyone heard of any +2.5mm spiders for non-shimano cranks (e.g. Easton cinch) being in the works?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    The way I read this:
    Bikepacking is trendy, it's the new "in" thing. Lotsa folks have spent a LOT of money on bikepacking gear they rarely, if ever, actually use. It's not at all uncommon to see folks show up to a Thurs night MTB group ride with a full frame bag....and it's not like it's just been left on since they did that big four day ride last week. They ain't never done a four day ride.

There's a lot of people who romanticize things like the Tour Divide, AZT, CTR, etc, they buy all the gear, but then realize they're just not the kind of person who's gonna go ride 100 off-road miles a day for several days in a row with a bunch of sh*t on their bike.

I have a partial frame bag, seat bag, and handlebar bag system, and that stuff ain't cheap. I've only done a couple overnight rides, but not more than one night out. I also don't leave the bags on unless I'm actually using them tho.
    I think it is a real disservice to bag makers and cyclists to say the reason for being for a full frame bag is to ride XXX miles per day off road or X overnights. There's a lot of people left to think that gravel..and now bikepacking = ultra endurance events and that's a shame. Those hearty guys and gals will always be a niche and should be treated as such. Let's give bikepacking innovation to the masses w/o the connotation and expectation by not perpetuating these sterotypes.

I've bikepacked several times on mtb's and am about to do some on my gravel bike (Elephant NFE). I'll be at a multi-day, organized every ride this fall and no, I won't have a number plate on my bike and nobody is timing me...and that's more than ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any word yet on availability of this GRX stuff yet? My The what did the postman bring today thread. Zanconato is getting lonely sitting unbuilt and seeing the photos of the D2R2 makes me think it ought to get out for some rides.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Is there any word yet on availability of this GRX stuff yet? My The what did the postman bring today thread. Zanconato is getting lonely sitting unbuilt and seeing the photos of the D2R2 makes me think it ought to get out for some rides.
    Was just looking at this. A couple sites say 09/16 for availability date, and they are allowing pre-orders.

edit: BTD appears to have some of the 600 series in stock and a few 800 series items. Everything else is still waiting.
    Last edited by j44ke; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:06 AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Was just looking at this. A couple sites say 09/16 for availability date, and they are allowing pre-orders.

edit: BTD appears to have some of the 600 series in stock and a few 800 series items. Everything else is still waiting.
    A retailer friend of mine is also reporting either none or spotty availability. Seeing the pics of D2R2 makes me think the super wide range of this group makes a lot of sense.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are all in stock in european shops.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The crank i had been waiting for is in at BTD! Thanks for the link Jorn!
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“I don’t understand why anyone goes to all the trouble of running for President of the United States to tell us what we can’t do and shouldn’t fight for.”
    Elizabeth Warren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    I received an RX810 rear derailleur and 11-34 cassette ordered through my LBS a couple weeks ago. Rode them at SBT GRVL this weekend and they worked as advertised. Shift effort is a bit heavier but I have come to expect that with the Shimano clutched derailleurs.

810 STIs/brakes appear to be in stock, too, but I didn't order those as I haven't yet killed my RS685s and my frame is post mount anyway.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456