Thread: gotta love them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default gotta love them

Bicycle Retailer and Industry News

i heard next year they are going to impose rules on club rides.
    you will have to yell.."on yr left" if yr on the guys left yo
    and
    "on yr right " if yr on the guys right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: gotta love them

So Pro. I wonder if white colored wheels will get approval first...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they going to require the guys with discs to yell "braking" so that those with lesser machines aren't rear-ending our superiors?

Left, right, front, back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Ernesto Colnago said about frame testing, "The UCI has to test every model of our frames, they take frames and they ask for 5,000 Swiss francs. Europcar uses M10 and C59, they have to test both of those and ask for 10,000 Swiss francs."

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by merckxman View Post
    What Ernesto Colnago said about frame testing, "The UCI has to test every model of our frames, they take frames and they ask for 5,000 Swiss francs. Europcar uses M10 and C59, they have to test both of those and ask for 10,000 Swiss francs."
    Only production frames get tested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many folks walking into a bike shop have the slightest idea of who the UCI is and what that little CHF5,000 sticker means?

Maybe 1 in 50, at best?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that it affects me but the UCI seems to be getting more and more obnoxious...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coolberto hipsterdor View Post
    Not that it affects me but the UCI seems to be getting more and more obnoxious...
    cool
    the uci is following yr posts
    better be careful or they will send a bunch of pros to ride w/ you and make you look bad in fron of the local women.
    yes, they can do that. its in the charter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

credentialing businesses are awesome. can we invest in uci? "give us a bunch of money, we give you back a sticker and warm safe thoughts"*

* this post has been certified as useful by a vsalon moderator for a six pack of expensive beer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get the hostility. The UCI licenses the racers. The UCI sanctions events that promoters put on. The USAC has rules about clothing, ability, courses, and how clubs function. Why is it unthinkable that the governing body in charge culls whats out there and places boundaries around what can and can't be used in race? They have had these rules all along. Having a sticker is a way for the commissars to acknowledge, on sight, if a product is within guidelines. It's a lot easier than measuring every single part or frame. We pay once for a sticker and we're good. On the other hand, we pay a license every year no matter how many times we race. And we pay a fee twice a weekend if we do race full time. I'm not buying the hate aimed at the UCI on this one. Think of what might show up on a start line if no rules existed atmo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    I don't get the hostility. The UCI licenses the racers. The UCI sanctions events that promoters put on. The USAC has rules about clothing, ability, courses, and how clubs function. Why is it unthinkable that the governing body in charge culls whats out there and places boundaries around what can and can't be used in race? They have had these rules all along. Having a sticker is a way for the commissars to acknowledge, on sight, if a product is within guidelines. It's a lot easier than measuring every single part or frame. We pay once for a sticker and we're good. On the other hand, we pay a license every year no matter how many times we race. And we pay a fee twice a weekend if we do race full time. I'm not buying the hate aimed at the UCI on this one. Think of what might show up on a start line if no rules existed atmo.
    Well even we re-enactors have rules from the ACP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[X] like atmo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do you hate recumbents?
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    why do you hate recumbents?
    I don't hate recumbents atmo, I just don't want to line up next to them. It kills the photo op.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i heart the uci. they are the good guys at least compared to the fucking team bosses and the grand tour race promoters.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    i heart the uci. they are the good guys at least compared to the fucking team bosses and the grand tour race promoters.
    That's irrelevant atmo and belongs on the how tight is too tight thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    cool
    the uci is following yr posts
    better be careful or they will send a bunch of pros to ride w/ you and make you look bad in fron of the local women.
    yes, they can do that. its in the charter
    I already make myself look bad, they don't need to send anyone out to drop me ;)

I agree that there definitely should be rules, but what I'm wondering is what bikes AREN'T able to be raced? I mean within reason of course. Are there any new bikes being sold with [within the range of] normal geometry that the UCI should not allow in an event? It just seems nanny-ish to me

"All models of frames and forks produced after 1st January 2011 must sport this label in order to be used in road, track and cyclo-cross events on the UCI calendar," the Swiss-based organization said in a statement Thursday."

Why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's irrelevant atmo and belongs on the how tight is too tight thread.
    please link. i need to move my post.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coolberto hipsterdor View Post
    I already make myself look bad, they don't need to send anyone out to drop me ;)

I agree that there definitely should be rules, but what I'm wondering is what bikes AREN'T able to be raced? I mean within reason of course. Are there any new bikes being sold with [within the range of] normal geometry that the UCI should not allow in an event? It just seems nanny-ish to me

"All models of frames and forks produced after 1st January 2011 must sport this label in order to be used in road, track and cyclo-cross events on the UCI calendar," the Swiss-based organization said in a statement Thursday."

Why?
    See (read) the rule book and you'll know where the hash marks are. Then you will know when bicycles and positions are outside of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does the UCI hate Steve Bauer?

M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast