User Tag List

Thread: Does anyone still make a shoe with a sole like an old Time or Carnac?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does anyone still make a shoe with a sole like an old Time or Carnac?

I am looking for a shoe that has a sole with a raised heel- sort of like an older Carnac or Time.
    It seem like the trend is for flatter soles these days.
    I have a weird foot that likes the heel to be higher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Does anyone still make a shoe with a sole like an old Time or Carnac?

What size are you looking for ?
    I have a pair of never worn on the road 42 Carnac Legends

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Does anyone still make a shoe with a sole like an old Time or Carnac?

Too small, but thanks.
    I don't really want a circa 1997 shoe- more wondering if there are new shoes that have soles where the heel is noticeably higher than the toes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shimano had a quite high heel back to the R215. I don't know about the current models. R215 would still feel like a modern shoe.

Not the most comfortable shoe around though, at least with standard insoles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boots2000 View Post
    I have a weird foot that likes the heel to be higher.
    For walking or pedalling?
    What keeps your heel from being higher, don't your pedals spin?

-g
    EPOst hoc ergo propter hoc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grant, it's not about "orientation" but camber => when the cleat is flat the "heel heighth" is not the same on a flat shoe or shoe with camber

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I switched from Time shoes to Sidi about 5 or 6 years ago I didn't notice anything about the heel/toe angling of the soles but I sure noticed the comfort difference. Sidis won and I was sorry it took me as long to switch as it did.

Anyway, I guess I'm a bit mystified too by this question. The foot bed inside the shoe should be similar and the heel/toe thing would just be the angle of the pedal when turning it. I'm not sure how a higher heel would be noticeable when riding something that turns on an axle, unless the footbed of the shoe is substantially different. My Sidi Ergo 2 shoes were one of the best cycling purchases I've ever made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The answer to almost any shoe issue is D2 custom shoes (and orthotics) The standard disclaimer that goes with that recommendation is to go see a podiatrist first. Worst case it gives them another layer of info to work off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some shoes from back in that time period (no pun intended) had the "raised heel" look primarily as a function of their having a large flat area under the ball of the foot to accommodate Time TBT cleats. It was even more pronounced in the smaller sizes of shoes. With the smaller pedals of today and the correspondingly smaller cleats, modern shoes don't have the same flattened area. As a complete aside, the old shoes of that type of design work really well with Speedplay cleats and solve a lot of the associated problems. (not that I use Speedplay myself...)