Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: December 1 - December 7 Road, Gravel, Dirt, Mountain, and Ski Reports

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: December 1 - December 7 Road, Gravel, Dirt, Mountain, and Ski Reports

Total disaster of a ride today. No pictures - far to heavy rain to take the camera out.

There is a point, about 6 miles into the ride, the crossroads. go left - 40 miles. go straight - 18 miles. things were looking good at mile 6. not so much at mile 10.

classic case of not appropriate gear for the conditions. hands - soaked and frozen. feet - soaked and frozen.

took over 10 minutes in a steamy hot shower to get feeling back in my toes.

bad move today.

still, beats not riding.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: December 1 - December 7 Road, Gravel, Dirt, Mountain, and Ski Reports

Another batch. Sorry Stefan :)
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like

About +5 celsius, sun came out a few times, pretty nice day for early December!
    Rode across Toronto to the west, then along one of the nicer paths down to the lake,
    past the outdoor skating path (seeing lots of customers today) Then headed back
    and looped home into mid-town. About 2.5 hours ride time, felt like longer but i did
    stop at the LBS early in the ride to check out some bikes ;)

I've gone back to flickr for photo hosting, despite how freakin' slow it seems to be on
    my computer, hope these pictures are viewing correctly...

-g

EPOst hoc ergo propter hoc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    Total disaster of a ride today.
    That happened to me last Monday. Sapped every last ounce of energy to push my way home,
    and I lay in a ball on my living room floor with all my blankets on for a few hours...

-g

Post Thanks / Like

I got a nice ride in a ways north from Miami in West Palm Beach this morning. The scenery was pretty repetitive, so no photos, but it was great to ride in an area with less traffic and not have to worry about cars. I did a 20 min FTP test and pretty much emptied the tank, so the ride back was slow, mellow and relaxing. Tomorrow my wife is running her first marathon so as the human SAG wagon, I'll be riding up and down the course with spare food and drink. I'm so effing proud of her.

Post Thanks / Like

We met friends for a fat bike ride.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like

what strikes me about your photos joe - everyone's always smiling. even the dogs, and they dont even have lips.

generally speaking, i fantasize about moving to san diego area, or someplace where there is no winter, or rain, or miserable weather, but your photos really show off the "take advantage of what you've got" weather situation. i genuinely admire that.

keep livin the dream dude.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    what strikes me about your photos joe - everyone's always smiling. even the dogs, and they dont even have lips.

generally speaking, i fantasize about moving to san diego area, or someplace where there is no winter, or rain, or miserable weather, but your photos really show off the "take advantage of what you've got" weather situation. i genuinely admire that.

keep livin the dream dude.
    Joe's photos are consistently the best primarily for that reason A.s.
    ***Instagram***
    my name is Houston

Post Thanks / Like

That roller coaster picture is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrantM View Post
    This is awesome! How does it work? Are there some sort of cooling-things under it?

I'd really like to see Minneapolis get some point-to-point speed skating routes groomed on the lakes and/or next to the bike trails.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    This is awesome! How does it work? Are there some sort of cooling-things under it?

I'd really like to see Minneapolis get some point-to-point speed skating routes groomed on the lakes and/or next to the bike trails.
    Yeah, it has cooling pipes below grade (in summer it's part of a regular paved path) and they run a zamboni around it
    like a regular rink. It's about 250m long in the shape of a figure 8, but it feels natural, it's really neat.

Colonel Sam Smith Skating Trail - 365 Things To Do In Etobicoke

Post Thanks / Like

80k group ride. Cold. Because it had rained a lot of the last few days a lot of people showed up. Turned into a race fairly fast. I did not win.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Just back from a cold and dark two hour ride, no photos cos I couldn't be arsed to take me gloves off but nothing to share really.
    Savine Cycles
    Daniel-Savine.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenCT View Post
    Weather was terrible, I wasn't feeling great, but I managed to ride 6 miles
    in the small ring.

Looks like the weather 'round here - miserable, 5 degrees but feels like -5 .............nice bike though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by savine View Post
    Just back from a cold and dark two hour ride, no photos cos I couldn't be arsed to take me gloves off but nothing to share really.
    ditto.
    cycling sucks!

Post Thanks / Like

keen observers might be noticing a recurring theme to the winter weather here on the appennini....
    5, wet rain and moist fog made for an invigorating two hours on the bike
    one of those rides that makes a hot shower almost painful
    IMG_20141207_143436.jpgIMG_20141207_150141.jpgIMG_20141207_151125.jpg
    austere no-nonsense mountain church
    20141207_103822.jpg
    you know you're heading up when you see these poles at the side of the road
    20141207_112618.jpg

oops got the last two the wrong way round with the captions and rotation.....sorry

Post Thanks / Like

sweet mt bike ride..
    trails practically unused, 5 minute ride from my house.
    unbeatable when its cold out.

2 1/2 hrs. up, down, around ... perfect

Post Thanks / Like

This makes it look a lot nicer than it was out there. Pretty darn cold and windy.

photo-41.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

The ride from GTown to Brooklyn was actually fun in a lot of places.
    This was Bronx River Parkway Trail. Lots of bridges, dirt paths, and
    scenery.