Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bicycle Trailers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bicycle Trailers.

I know about B*O*B Yak and Burley and Surley.

What else is out there?

Looking for the smallest thing out there that will hold a 5x7 view camera (http://www.canhamcameras.com/mqccrazy.jpg), tripod, and random photo stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bicycle Trailers.

Bike Trailers & More - Bikes At Work Inc.

Probably overkill for you though, but worth a look.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

I have the bikes at work trailer. It's great, but will no doubt be overkill.
    Why not a large front rack? You'll be able to see you equipment (pun!) and it would be around the size you really need. The handling on your bike may be compromised, but that depends on what bike you are going to be putting it on (which I'm sure your know).

Should you still go the trailer route, this is the best site for information, and they are extremely helpful.
    Bike Trailer Shop | Bicycle Cargo, Travel, and Pet Trailers

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking at these for a while. Grocery-getter bicycle trailers by Tony's Trailers I like the idea of detaching quickly and walking through the store with it. I don't like the idea of locking up a bike with the trailer still attached. Especially if I want to make 2 or more stops. If anybody has any experience with these please share. I checked out the Burley Travoy but it doesn't look like it would be as good.

I have a Doggie Ride. It's OK but not great, it bounces a lot. It sucks that my big tough looking dog gets in and cries his ass off as soon as I start pedaling. I can push him in it (just to get him used to it) but start pedaling and and you would think I just murdered his family in front of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whale_spout View Post
    Should you still go the trailer route, this is the best site for information, and they are extremely helpful.
    Bike Trailer Shop | Bicycle Cargo, Travel, and Pet Trailers
    Agreed - A great Flagstaff Co. & very helpful. They make their own brand of trailers as well. - Garro.
    Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    Frames & Bicycles built to measure and Custom wheels
    Hecho en Flagstaff, Arizona desde 2003
    www.coconinocycles.com
    www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Since this is a view camera with tripod, fast access isn't an issue (since "fast" is measured in minutes, rather than seconds). Have you considered a touring bike?

You could put the tripod on top of a rear rack, and the camera could go in a small pannier. A bunch of sheet film holders, light meter, etc., could go in the other pannier. The whole setup would fit well within the weight you'd associate with "light touring," so anything from a Serotta Rapid Tour to a Surly LHT (illustrative examples covering the range of touring bikes, not intended as specific or exclusive recommendations) should be ideal, and all of these would handle significantly better than a trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by palincss View Post
    Since this is a view camera with tripod, fast access isn't an issue (since "fast" is measured in minutes, rather than seconds). Have you considered a touring bike?
    You could put the tripod on top of a rear rack, and the camera could go in a small pannier. A bunch of sheet film holders, light meter, etc., could go in the other pannier. The whole setup would fit well within the weight you'd associate with "light touring," so anything from a Serotta Rapid Tour to a Surly LHT (illustrative examples covering the range of touring bikes, not intended as specific or exclusive recommendations) should be ideal, and all of these would handle significantly better than a trailer.
    That was my first thought. Unfortunately, as the project I'm interested in develops having direct access to a camera ---i.e. having it already on a tripod and ready to go---would be beneficial. The other issue is that even a more expensive trailer would probably be cheaper than a new bike.

I dunno though. I appreciate the input and will check the bikes out again.

T