Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any colnago fans?

Post Thanks / Like

Default any colnago fans?

Looks like the c-64 replacing the c-60 comes out on Feb 9th. Don't know much details.

Instagram -Mike G

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: any colnago fans?

Would love to see Colnago update the Prestige

I miss my world champions on something other than Felt and Canyon.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like minor mods.......... direct mount brakes which will give more room for bigger tyres, a revised seat lug cluster utilising an internal seat clamp, and rumoured that they are dropping the traditional frame format ie. horizontal top tube and will only be producing the sloping sizes. Maybe also lighter tubing.......

All internet conjecture of course .....all will be revealed in feb.
    Real World persona : Andy Corso

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by corko View Post
    Sounds like minor mods.......... direct mount brakes which will give more room for bigger tyres, a revised seat lug cluster utilising an internal seat clamp, and rumoured that they are dropping the traditional frame format ie. horizontal top tube and will only be producing the sloping sizes. Maybe also lighter tubing.......

All internet conjecture of course .....all will be revealed in feb.
    yea read that on another blog

Post Thanks / Like

I like the geo of the C60, but not so much the current tube shapes.

It would be nice to see it looking more like the C59 with rounder and
    smaller tubes, or otherwise going a different direction that the current
    chunky one. They should follow the trend and go back to a 27.2 post.

-g
    EPOst hoc ergo propter hoc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrantM View Post
    They should follow the trend and go back to a 27.2 post.

-g
    And a regular threaded BB, which I think they have abandoned.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    And a regular threaded BB, which I think they have abandoned.
    i feel like i lucked out with my c-59. last bsa c series.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the move away from the BSA threaded BB - I like simple things like cam,pag BB cups and Ultra Torque.

I was not tempted to stretch for a C59 frame as none of the paint schemes did a thing for me when the C59 was released, to me if I buy a top shelf Colnago I want it to every bit as good as it rides and frankly the C59 paint did nothing for me.

The C60 masks the squareness of the tube profiles somewhat with what are, in my opinion, some of the most beautiful paint schemes that ever graced any bike. However, the C60 became even one step more exclusive and complex with it's new BB set up........

My current ride is one of the last ATR tubed EPS models. It rides beautifully, is painted beautifully and is beautifully simple in that it has an English threaded BB thus fits my simple BB cups and UT cranks without fuss.

I can now afford a C60 or what ever the next top of the line tube and lug hand built model is named, however, I have a hunch I'd rather keep my EPS, drill a few holes in it and retro fit it up with Campagnolo EPS............

............ maybe!

Post Thanks / Like

The EPS is the last model that held any interest for me.
    I sorely miss the Colnago of old.
    I donít care what BB standards they use.
    I loved them even though their ITA threaded BB once left me stranded in the middle of nowhere.
    Just as I loved how unreasonable the 28.0 seatpost were on the C40s.
    Colnago used to make race bikes that had a uniquely identifiable stance through surprisingly simple lines.
    The airbrushed art decor paint schemes were dictated by the trade teamsí sponsors colours.
    The best may well have been the PR00 that had no colour but was still quintessential Colnago.
    There was a sense of purpose that made them go so well with Dura Ace and Cees Beersí ADA wheels.
    Not over thought, not over designed, not submitting to trends.

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the Colnago Supers in the early 70s when I started. Then, I bought a De Rosa from Talbots. Wow!
    Mark Walberg
    Building bike frames for fun since 1973.

Post Thanks / Like

My Extereme Power is still going strong but has assumed winter duties, I don’t know why as every time I come back
    From a ride on it I wonder why I ride anything else. Not especially light but does everything I want.......

Colnago will always be of interest to me.......

Post Thanks / Like

I have two, a Dream HP and a Cristallo, one from 2005 and the other 2006, each with around 15-20k miles.

They have:
    Beautiful airbrush paintjobs - the only decal on either of them of any significance is the headtube logo/badge
    Italian threaded BBs
    Typical Colnago stable handling at speed - I tell guys the bike knows the way home.

This is when I got off the frameset upgrade train - I may hang a wireless groupset on the Cristallo at some point, and components come and go based on wear or usage, but really, to me, any incremental performance gain by current production bikes isn't compelling vs what I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holliscx View Post

I miss my world champions on something other than Felt and Canyon.
    The 2017 model is/was an update....

https://www.bikerumor.com/2016/09/20...bikes-road-cx/

Geometry looks more new school with a slacker HT, though fork rake isn't listed anywhere that I can see...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holliscx View Post
    Czech out today's elite men's winning ride at the Czech national czampionships.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    I have two, a Dream HP and a Cristallo, one from 2005 and the other 2006, each with around 15-20k miles.

They have:
    Beautiful airbrush paintjobs - the only decal on either of them of any significance is the headtube logo/badge
    Italian threaded BBs
    Typical Colnago stable handling at speed - I tell guys the bike knows the way home.

This is when I got off the frameset upgrade train - I may hang a wireless groupset on the Cristallo at some point, and components come and go based on wear or usage, but really, to me, any incremental performance gain by current production bikes isn't compelling vs what I have.
    I believe this is the point to where I have come to. I just adore the road feel of Colnago tube and lug frames and unless an EP 52s with one of my 'gotta have' paint schemes turns up with the usual pre-requisites of right price, right condition etc then the EPS is as far as I go.

I await Campagnolo wireless ............

Hey Lakeside - gorgeous pair of bikes there- that sunflower airbrush job on the Christallo is like a dream and as for the Art Deco paint schemes yes they date a frame to a time period but so what? They are still beautiful paint schemes come what may.

Post Thanks / Like

my PR00 C50 was pretty much a perfect bike. i'm sure this new one is great.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like

I get regular reminders that the direction the industry is moving is leaving me behind. I'm okay with it. I think the new frame is great, but I would prefer smaller round tubes, a threaded bottom bracket, and have no need for the electronic shifting or disc brake options. I may be way off the mark on this, but If Colnago were to offer an "anniversary" edition of some sort that was a very late model C40 or a C50, I would expect them to sell VERY well.
    I had always thought that I wanted a C40 back in the day, but the forces never converged in time...I continued with the desire for a C50, and then that era passed me by as well. When things began to change toward the EPS, I hurried and got a Extreme C. I liked the fact that it had round tubes and I looked at it as a bit of a throwback to the last C40. So, it has a level top tube, a threaded BB, a conventional (well, 28.0 mm) seatpost, a conventional headset etc. I like the way it looks and it rides even better. I still think of it as a modern bike, but I guess at this point it's considered retro. I've come to terms with that as it's rider is getting more retro with every passing year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

^. Not retro......but classic......... a very fine example

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Chaba View Post
    but If Colnago were to offer an "anniversary" edition of some sort that was a very late model C40 or a C50, I would expect them to sell VERY well.
    I don't think so. Look at the second hand market. These bikes may do a better job than other bikes from the same era in term of depreciation. They still sell for a low price these days even in pristine condition.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like

Only one...it's a beat to hell ct-1 with the original oof paint peeling but I love it. It's hard to describe the ride...smooth yet confident. A handling champ. I go back and forth between should I send it out for a repaint and a refresh or just ride the hell out of it as is. As is always wins.