Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any colnago fans?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: any colnago fans?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chaba View Post
    I get regular reminders that the direction the industry is moving is leaving me behind. I'm okay with it. I think the new frame is great, but I would prefer smaller round tubes, a threaded bottom bracket, and have no need for the electronic shifting or disc brake options. I may be way off the mark on this, but If Colnago were to offer an "anniversary" edition of some sort that was a very late model C40 or a C50, I would expect them to sell VERY well.
    I had always thought that I wanted a C40 back in the day, but the forces never converged in time...I continued with the desire for a C50, and then that era passed me by as well. When things began to change toward the EPS, I hurried and got a Extreme C. I liked the fact that it had round tubes and I looked at it as a bit of a throwback to the last C40. So, it has a level top tube, a threaded BB, a conventional (well, 28.0 mm) seatpost, a conventional headset etc. I like the way it looks and it rides even better. I still think of it as a modern bike, but I guess at this point it's considered retro. I've come to terms with that as it's rider is getting more retro with every passing year.
    I could't agree with this more. I absolutely LOVE my EP and have no desire for a C59, C60, or whatever comes next. I am loving your Extreme-C - I am having trouble finding one in my size in a color that I love, but that's always how it is when searching for a Colnago!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: any colnago fans?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chaba View Post
    I had always thought that I wanted a C40 back in the day, but the forces never converged in time...I continued with the desire for a C50, and then that era passed me by as well. When things began to change toward the EPS, I hurried and got a Extreme C. I liked the fact that it had round tubes and I looked at it as a bit of a throwback to the last C40. So, it has a level top tube, a threaded BB, a conventional (well, 28.0 mm) seatpost, a conventional headset etc. I like the way it looks and it rides even better. I still think of it as a modern bike, but I guess at this point it's considered retro. I've come to terms with that as it's rider is getting more retro with every passing year.
    That's how i ended up with my Parlee Z-1, and still haven't replaced it after 7, no wait, now 8 years.

-g
    EPOst hoc ergo propter hoc