Thread: 3T Rotundo Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 3T Rotundo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
    Not true. 12v extends just a little bit more up and in, limiting proper placement. Of course 30-sec with a dremel could solve the problem. But I'm not in the habit of taking a dremel to $500 parts. YMMV.
    I'm using 12 spd Record and Chorus with Deda Zero handlebars on two bikes and they work/fit fine?
    Riding has to be fun, and part of the fun has to be that youíre not worried about having too much technology on your bike. - Tom Ritchey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie View Post
    Not the latest model lever, granted, but the main lever body shape and fitment to the bar hasn't changed on the 12v stuff (only the 'horn' of the lever and the rubber cover has changed); but this is 11v Athena on a Cinelli Giro d'Italia 64 bar, fitting perfectly well - in fact, even a few degrees up from the tip of the lever being level with the flat of the drops (because the bike was really too big and I was trying to shorten the reach without it looking too awful):

Sorry to interrupt, but I want to take that bike for a spirited ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any pics to show this? Iím intrigued because I compared lever bodies quite closely and couldnít see a difference aside from the Ďhorní at the top.
    There's a horn under the hood too and it prevents rotation. You'll just have to trust me. I'm not unwrapping and swapping bars just to show the point :)
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha Roszak View Post
    I'm using 12 spd Record and Chorus with Deda Zero handlebars on two bikes and they work/fit fine?
    Could be slightly different than the Ritchey NeoClassic. I swear I'm not making this up. When I do my SR12 build on my Sachs, I'll try to take some pics of the issue with the Ritchey bars.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkmother View Post
    Sorry to interrupt, but I want to take that bike for a spirited ride.
    It did love a spirited ride too!

Newport Rhode Island ---> Monterrey Mexico 2022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3t has a model called the superleggera pro. Decent weight, classic bend. The transition from bar to hoods is not as smooth as with my ritchey evomax, but still acceptable. Like Mickey mentioned, with campagnolo ergos I have to use a classic bend because I have short fingers.

DA4A4B2F-B3DA-4C1F-A29B-6B5EDA576629.jpg
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suspectdevice View Post
    and what size glove do you wear?
    Quote Originally Posted by yashkatsumi View Post
    3t has a model called the superleggera pro. Decent weight, classic bend. The transition from bar to hoods is not as smooth as with my ritchey evomax, but still acceptable. Like Mickey mentioned, with campagnolo ergos I have to use a classic bend because I have short fingers.
    Aha - I am so #@) dense sometimes. I understand what Mickey is talking about now.

Hestra glove size is 10/11. So octave plus 3 I think on the piano. So reach bar to lever can be pretty wide.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rick, that bike is gorgeous, the whole kit and caboodle. But this is a comfort thread and I think that hard-ass saddle disqualifies your opinion. The proper match for that nekkid crabon perch would be Benotto cello-tape (white, natch).

PS Same post and stem on my '95 Merlin, virtual elbow bump!
    Trod Harland, Physical Educator

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. ó James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    But this is a comfort thread and I think that hard-ass saddle disqualifies your opinion.
    Aha, but therein lies the catch: That saddle is far from hard-ass - it’s seriously comfortable.

Now ask me why I was stupid enough to sell it... #facedesk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aha, but therein lies the catch: That saddle is far from hard-ass - it’s seriously comfortable.

I ride the budget friendly version of that saddle on one of my bikes: an original Flite with the leather and padding removed (because my ass had previously worn though it). Surprisingly to me, it was comfortable without padding or leather. Comfortable enough for me to do a 240 km road ride on it this past spring. With good bibs the lack of padding is not very noticeable to me and the shell on the nylon version has a lot of suspension. I suppose the saddle shape just works for me.

I've not had the chance to try the carbon version, but I bet I would have liked it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkmother View Post
    I ride the budget friendly version of that saddle on one of my bikes: an original Flite with the leather and padding removed (because my ass had I've not had the chance to try the carbon version, but I bet I would have liked it.
    I'm currently doing my best not to buy the NOS carbon & Ti Flite Evolution (and the NOS white leather one) that's on eBay. I probably wouldn't even use it, but it would be nice to know I've got one if I ever did want to.

AU$700 shipped, though. Holy cow... I've had 2 of them in the past, plus the Carbon-Kevlar Evo2 pictured above, plus black leather, white leather and grey leather ones - if I only I still had them all now...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently doing my best not to buy the NOS carbon & Ti Flite Evolution (and the NOS white leather one) that's on eBay. I probably wouldn't even use it, but it would be nice to know I've got one if I ever did want to.

AU$700 shipped, though. Holy cow... I've had 2 of them in the past, plus the Carbon-Kevlar Evo2 pictured above, plus black leather, white leather and grey leather ones - if I only I still had them all now...
    $700AUS for a saddle? That's like $12.95US. No wait. $555.45?! Look, we all love you here for your consumerist ways. You buy and sell stuff so we don't have to. But let's step back from the cliff, eh? I have this Prologo saddle - the Scratch M5. Great amazingly great saddle I think. Get one of those. Then if you like it, you'll have money leftover to get M5 saddles for the rest of your bikes.
    Last edited by j44ke; 02-23-2021 at 10:41 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    But let's step back from the cliff, eh? I have this Prologo saddle - the Scratch M5. Great amazingly great saddle I think. Get one of those. Then if you like it, you'll have money leftover to get M5 saddles for the rest of your bikes.
    That’s the even more ridiculous thing about me hovering over the buy button: I know that even if I did put it on a bike I’d only revert back to my SQlab saddles anyway - they’re too damn comfortable not to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iíve been using the Oval R700 after losing a set of rotundos and find them pretty awesome. Have them on multiple bikes. At around $40AU theyíre cheap, but definitely not nasty. Not sure if you can get them in a 40 but they work for me.

D6CEF772-7EAF-4AB2-B3F8-F3061F321CE9.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aha, but therein lies the catch: That saddle is far from hard-ass - itís seriously comfortable.

Owning both a flite evo and a generic carbon one from China, I can only confirm that the flite evo has definitely some damping characteristic that generic carbon saddles do not have. That evo2 with the kevlar/carbon mix is probably even more supple.

I made sure I scratched mine so I'm never be tempted to sell it. They sell for stupid prize when NOS (although I got mine for around 80usd out of luckyness) but once they have the slightest scratch they are worth nothing.
    Last edited by sk_tle; 02-25-2021 at 07:20 AM.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    Rick, that bike is gorgeous, the whole kit and caboodle. But this is a comfort thread and I think that hard-ass saddle disqualifies your opinion. The proper match for that nekkid crabon perch would be Benotto cello-tape (white, natch).

PS Same post and stem on my '95 Merlin, virtual elbow bump!
    Eh, that bike is precisely what this thread is about - finding something that works efficiently whilst on the absolute limit trying to hold the wheel in front of you.
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a set of these and they're epic, even better than the ritchey streem:

https://www.merlincycles.com/en-us/3...20-109169.html

I put them on my gravel bike so I'm slightly scared. But now I kinda want to ditch my streems and get these for my road bike because the drops are FAT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coolberto hipsterdor View Post
    I just got a set of these and they're epic, even better than the ritchey streem:

https://www.merlincycles.com/en-us/3...20-109169.html

I put them on my gravel bike so I'm slightly scared. But now I kinda want to ditch my streems and get these for my road bike because the drops are FAT
    Those look nice.

Newport Rhode Island ---> Monterrey Mexico 2022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7FBE30B2-B08F-4AB7-909F-AFF56B1DF0FF.jpg

3t Superleggera handlebars with shimano shifters.
    Yash Katsumi

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345