User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 2021 Dry January and other assorted resolutions support thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The 2021 Dry January and other assorted resolutions support thread

I'm with you, Matt. I've gone through sporadic weeks or months without drinking ever since starting ten years ago, and hope this time around will be more successful than ever, because I just learned my part-time mechanic we hoped would become full-time might land in jail and have to restart drug court (he is near the end, too) or go to prison if he does, so suddenly preparing for the 2021 season appears more challenging then ever. Plus, y'know...that whole national politics thing...too many folks around here are locked in the mindset (and corresponding gun/ammo grabbing) that civil war is coming. Haven't had a drink since New Year's Day. I'm banking on being too scared to have anymore. Haha!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We had rum and coke with dinner last night so I have to wait until next January.

Before January, I began focusing on diet and more exercise. Health issues and having the time were having a big impact, but my fiancé and I plan menus now so there's always a plan and food to execute it. It also helps that we live 25 minutes from the nearest fast food place and grocery, it forces us to be organized. For now, I just need to make it through February, submit the thesis, and wait on graduation in June so I can be a Chief Engineer with a graduate history degree.
    Weight Doper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Evenson View Post
    I'm with you, Matt. I've gone through sporadic weeks or months without drinking ever since starting ten years ago, and hope this time around will be more successful than ever, because I just learned my part-time mechanic we hoped would become full-time might land in jail and have to restart drug court (he is near the end, too) or go to prison if he does, so suddenly preparing for the 2021 season appears more challenging then ever. Plus, y'know...that whole national politics thing...too many folks around here are locked in the mindset (and corresponding gun/ammo grabbing) that civil war is coming. Haven't had a drink since New Year's Day. I'm banking on being too scared to have anymore. Haha!
    Good luck Caleb.

I'm doing well on my side. Early bedtimes continue to help (last night aside, for this news junky).
    My planned Power Zones program has been pushed out a week or two- I seem to have tweaked a rib muscle, so I've been taking it easy on the indoor bike- mixing in efforts but nothing beyond Zone 3/4.
    my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a little old, but I still find myself grabbing the NA stuff quite often (I notice much more consistent sleep when I lay off the real stuff). Here are a few recommendations that might be easier to find throughout the US

I have a new favorite. availability isn't great around here, but I'll go out of my way to get it now:
    just the haze ipa.jpg

Also a couple from Lagunitas, first their NA IPA:
    IPNA-bottle-shot.png

Finally, someone gave me a pack of this in return for some bike work. I've ignored it over and over in the stores because it sounded really weird and gross, but when it lands in your lap, you try it.
    hop water_.jpg

I'm sold. It's almost but not quite like combining my favorite bubbly water with a hint of light IPA flavor. Anyway, zero carbs, zero calories and I'm consuming it at an alarming rate. A place up in northern Michigan makes a version that I'm trying to find now to support the local guys

Ryan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12