User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 days until the time change - more time to ride, less time to make excuses....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 10 days until the time change - more time to ride, less time to make excuses....

The winter hasn't been too bad (zip it Strongin), but the extra hour of daylight should get everyone motivated to ride a bit more.

Anyone else excited for March 12?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 10 days until the time change - more time to ride, less time to make excuses....

Hooray for working an hour less that day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 10 days until the time change - more time to ride, less time to make excuses....

It's welcome on weekdays when I can ride after work, but on weekends its a wash. Whether I start earlier or later its the same number of hours of daylight. I would have started an hour earlier if we didn't move the clocks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

24 days of waiting for most of us in europe
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My first week of cycling after 3/12 is in AZ, so it's still dark by 6:30 or so. Still a little stoked about getting out on the road after that, I love the opportunity the North East Texas Trail gave me all winter, but it was getting a little old. I average about 3 mph faster for my road rides, it'll be nice to go fast again.
    Weight Doper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah.. be nice to have light at 7pm

i have a watch that i only use when i travel...took it out yesterday...
    didnt look at it until later.. last time use it it was on daylight saving time... had to reset it and will need to reset it back in 2 weeks..
    anybody know when/if they use daylight saving time in ireland?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is one step closer to the summer when we can ride until 9:00!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannot wait. When it’s not DST, I do a combo drive/bike commute due to a few roads between my house and the Potomac which I am not fond of at night in rush hour. So that’ll add ~8 mi/day anytime I ride to work. (seem my upcoming grump thread)
    my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't come soon enough! And hopefully the weather isn't totally up and down like it was this past winter, although it always is....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst time of year. My perfect weather will start to get hot and rainy and generally miserable. You northern cats are lucky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

24 days until clocks change in the UK. I am constantly fascinated by what I learn on this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just sick of the cold and wet...
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This winter has been incredibly warm here in the south. So, no excuses for not riding. But, given the fact I'm not vampire, I'm in desperate need of vitamin D.
    Bring on March 12!
    Rick

If the process is more important than the result, you play. If the result is more important than the process, you work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take the contrarian view and say that the lengthening of DST is the thing I'm most mad at GWB for. As a morning person, I'd much rather have the light in the am than the pm. Growing up in South Africa the sun would rise in the 430am timeframe in the summer. That's the shizz. But all is not as bad as it may seem, for I am now a mere 5,000 odd posts away from rolling with style.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ride in the morning before most people get up and start driving their cars. I have lights, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, didn't realize the DST change is so close in the calendar. Looking forward to it! :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to miss my zwift pals.
    Mike Zanconato
    Web
    | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Flickr | Tumblr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HorsCat View Post
    I'll take the contrarian view and say that the lengthening of DST is the thing I'm most mad at GWB for. As a morning person, I'd much rather have the light in the am than the pm. Growing up in South Africa the sun would rise in the 430am timeframe in the summer. That's the shizz. But all is not as bad as it may seem, for I am now a mere 5,000 odd posts away from rolling with style.
    I'm with HorsCat. It is all about the early morning light for me. This shift in time just means I have to wait that much longer to ride outside during the week.
    Yah, yah...I know about lights. Just don't like them and don't have great night vision...
    Brian McLaughlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DST? Meh.

For those of us who ride early it is anything but a cause for celebration. Now if someone could figure out how to get the temperature above freezing before 8:00am I'd be most appreciative!

Got headlight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea how you guys get up and ride at 5:00.

I like the idea of relaxing with a coffee and having breakfast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast