Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 96 of 96

Thread: Pots and Pans

  1. #81
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    20,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    A frenemy made me aware of a cast iron maker. New to me, looks really good....as if I need more/better cast iron.

    FINEX Cast Iron Cookware Co. |

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    Wonder why they felt compelled to make them all hexagonal-like ?
     

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Puyallup, WA
    Posts
    3,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneK View Post
    Wonder why they felt compelled to make them all octagonal-like ?
    Fixed, but yeah, likely just for differentiation.
    DT

    http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

    Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

    "the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

    "Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    3,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    I'm in the market for a small dedicated egg pan and need some recommendations. Our cooking pots are an assortment of Staub and a Le Creuset or two. I bought my wife a Staub frying pan a few years back but never have been able to bond with it so it sits neglected. I think I'd like to find an older Wagner or Griswold, etc but open to other options...
    laughter has no foreign accent.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    20,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    I'm in the market for a small dedicated egg pan and need some recommendations. Our cooking pots are an assortment of Staub and a Le Creuset or two. I bought my wife a Staub frying pan a few years back but never have been able to bond with it so it sits neglected. I think I'd like to find an older Wagner or Griswold, etc but open to other options...
    Other than the obvious a well seasoned cast iron I am having good luck with a de buyer mineral b element.
    Here is a version of what I am using: De Buyer Mineral B Element 9.5" Non-Stick Omlette Pan | Wayfair

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    in about 10 minutes, it will never look as clean as it does right now ...

    IMG_4346.jpg
     

  7. #87
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    20,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    You must report back. Their work looks great.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    Quote Originally Posted by gt6267a View Post
    in about 10 minutes, it will never look as clean as it does right now ...
    I've found that my BluSkillet looks even better now. To be fair, I'm not searing steaks and building up fond, but eggs, pancakes and so on seem to make it happy. Just wipe with a paper towel while the pan is still warm/hot.
     

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    I'm really digging my staub enameled cast iron. The stuff just works. I made a homemade mac and cheese in my cocotte. The food was wonderful with some crusty areas and it cleaned up easily and beautifully. I have a braiser that I adore and a 12" fry pan incoming.
     

  10. #90
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    20,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    Quote Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
    I'm really digging my staub enameled cast iron. The stuff just works. I made a homemade mac and cheese in my cocotte. The food was wonderful with some crusty areas and it cleaned up easily and beautifully. I have a braiser that I adore and a 12" fry pan incoming.
    I like where you are going with this. For the record mac and cheese is my death bed wish. Just shovel that into my face as I draw my last breath. Seriously.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    I like where you are going with this. For the record mac and cheese is my death bed wish. Just shovel that into my face as I draw my last breath. Seriously.
    Next time you come to Portland I'll make you a batch. Its more whole wheat pasta with lots of vegetables, butter, whole milk, sausage, jalapenos, and some Wisconsin and French cheeses than it is "mac and cheese". I hate to brag but the shit is killer. And I'll also throw you a few pizzas for lunch.
     

  12. #92
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    20,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    Quote Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
    Next time you come to Portland I'll make you a batch. Its more whole wheat pasta with lots of vegetables, butter, whole milk, sausage, jalapenos, and some Wisconsin and French cheeses than it is "mac and cheese". I hate to brag but the shit is killer. And I'll also throw you a few pizzas for lunch.
    Deal. :)

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NY & MN
    Posts
    4,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    Quote Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
    I'm really digging my staub enameled cast iron. The stuff just works. I made a homemade mac and cheese in my cocotte. The food was wonderful with some crusty areas and it cleaned up easily and beautifully. I have a braiser that I adore and a 12" fry pan incoming.
    I have both the 28cm shallow one and the 24cm tall one, and they're both great. They live at the New York house, and when I'm there I use the shallow one more than any other vessel. Like you mention, the inner surface cleans easily. I've also found it to be quite durable. Conductivity properties and what the cool kids are doing be darned, the Stuab ECI works well.
     

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    5,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    We've been eyeing dutch ovens for a while, and after reading this article we decided on the Martha Stewart one. I know, I know. But it's nice and seems to work great. More surface area on the bottom than the french brands, metal knob on the lid, nice big handles on the side. Only used it twice so far. I'll report back if we ever have any issues.
    Last edited by dgaddis; 12-14-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    Instagram
    Southern Wheelworks: Website - Facebook

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SC PA
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    years ago as a poor student, i bought a Dutch oven at Ikea (it's called the Senior now). It's not enameled inside meaning that you have to keep it seasoned but it' made in France and has held up great. ($50 for the smaller one now.)
     

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pots and Pans

    I am totally in love with this stuff: Clearance on REVOL bakeware. The dutch ovens have effectively no temp limit (unlike those with plastic knobs on the lid), have basically flawless finish, and work exactly as well as their hype suggests. Some have a special bottom that lets them be used on induction tops to sear meats before putting in the oven. I only included the clearance page, so check out some of the non-sale items, too. The 'crumpled' black baking dish is amaze-balls to use.
     

Similar Threads

  1. Espro Press Pots
    By JitteryJoe in forum Cooks - Epicureans - Toque-istas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 11:01 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •