Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Your bike(s) - post picture here if there isn't a category

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crumpton View Post
    i say this with a staunch record of heterosexuality, that looks fabulous!
    nic,

post ur bike within 12 hours or i get a free one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My rides. Also have a Sugar, no photos. Holding on to it to see if I need suspension or not. I'm old, rigid can be painful. Stem on mtb was a loaner, it's a Thomson now, saddle changed as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Polyglot, that's spectacular. Tell us a bit about that one and SURELY you have a few more that you actually ride???
    Thanks, the bike was meant as a bit of a practical joke, aimed at those who judge the value of a bike based upon the name that appears on it. I have actually ridden the bike more than it would seem (with other wheels) and do indeed have perhaps 20 more bikes that get ridden more often on days of possible inclement weather.

I collected the lugs and components over about one year's time span. I had the lugs, fork crown, BB shell and components worked on by a friend with a well-supplied machine shop. I then had another friend in Italy (with over 30 years frame-building experience, including for many pros) build me the frame, and yet another friend in Australia make me the decal set. I then built up the bike with my own personal choice of components.

I doubt that I would be able to build another identical bike as it has so many unique elements to it, such as: pista fork crown for oversize round blades (I ended up getting dedacciai to draw me the fork blades as I couldn't readily find any available in the needed size), Passoni titanium handlebar/stem combo (even Passoni will no longer make these), Campagnolo C-Record Century finish hubs (made only one year in limited quantities), drillium and pantographed components (the pedals alone have over 80 symmetrically drilled holes in the cages, the cranks are the rare ones without the central flute but are otherwise fully pimped out), etc...

It was a gas to build and remains a pleasure to ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polyglot View Post
    Thanks, the bike was meant as a bit of a practical joke, aimed at those who judge the value of a bike based upon the name that appears on it. I have actually ridden the bike more than it would seem (with other wheels) and do indeed have perhaps 20 more bikes that get ridden more often on days of possible inclement weather.

I collected the lugs and components over about one year's time span. I had the lugs, fork crown, BB shell and components worked on by a friend with a well-supplied machine shop. I then had another friend in Italy (with over 30 years frame-building experience, including for many pros) build me the frame, and yet another friend in Australia make me the decal set. I then built up the bike with my own personal choice of components.

I doubt that I would be able to build another identical bike as it has so many unique elements to it, such as: pista fork crown for oversize round blades (I ended up getting dedacciai to draw me the fork blades as I couldn't readily find any available in the needed size), Passoni titanium handlebar/stem combo (even Passoni will no longer make these), Campagnolo C-Record Century finish hubs (made only one year in limited quantities), drillium and pantographed components (the pedals alone have over 80 symmetrically drilled holes in the cages, the cranks are the rare ones without the central flute but are otherwise fully pimped out), etc...

Stick around, you fit right in. You def. peeked interest with folks who have a good eye for details.

That bike is a hoot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more pics please including a square on drive side profile for when i am alone later on today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No dustcaps on the cranks? You weight weenie :P

Love the treatment on the rear der. I've also got a set of C-Record century hubs at home waiting for "that" special project.
    Sharp as a lemon, with the zest of a knife

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Polyglot, am I wrong or is the dragon taken from the alfa romeo logo

Is that some kind of italian family or regional crest?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

polyglot, that bike and the story amaze me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RudAwkning View Post
    No dustcaps on the cranks? You weight weenie :P

Love the treatment on the rear der. I've also got a set of C-Record century hubs at home waiting for "that" special project.
    Crank dust caps are for Freds, besides how else can you highlight the Campagnolo Super Record BB . In its first incarnation the bike was under 18 lbs, without resorting to lightweight tubing for the frame.

When you see the bike up close, a whole bunch of other details will come to light. The snake is the symbol of the province of Milan, the lily the symbol of the province of Florence. The framebuilder's signature "Faliberto Maasi" is featured on the top tube near the seat lug, as is the chainstay decal reading "Bravata Maasi" instead of the more common Brev or Brevettato. Perhaps Nic can translate that last one :biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My current bike - now fitted with '04 Record hubs on Open Pro CD rims, a Nitto Pearl stem and a Campagnolo Centaur seatpost:

My new bike - still a work in progress (taking delivery from the builder in a couple of weeks) because it's yet to have the SuperNova dynamo lighting installed - the frame has internally-routed wiring for this :-)

Last edited by SimonC; 07-16-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my 2 rides. my "red sled' Ted Wojcik and my Concorde Aquilla with PDM paint scheme. if anyone's interested the Concordes up for sale. PM me.

I'm betting that I'm just abnormal enough to survive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Purple Zank.
    Moveitfred

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bikes that I am riding this week;

mickey.denoncourt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.s. All of those Zanks get me hot'n'bothered

I keep Niall locked up building.
    mickey.denoncourt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The bikes I'm riding

OK, I'm new to this forum, but thought this was a good place for a first post.

I just brought the Pink single speed/fixed coupled IF back from a month-long research trip in Newcastle, UK. What a great bike to travel with (no cables to re-attach). Jerk, if I understand things correctly, this was once your bike, is that true?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an exceptionally tall group of people, isn't it?
    mickey.denoncourt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suspectdevice View Post
    This is an exceptionally tall group of people, isn't it?
    After a long day at work Mr. Spooky has a beer don's the ol' hat, rolls and fresh layer of ink in his reference surface and get's the kinks out. :beerglass::beerglass::beerglass

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dearest spookster,

You are in E'ton? I grew up in Holyoke and moved to Easthampster! No ways! When I'm out there again visiting mom/sister, will have to ride.

<3's and spokes!
    I write for daily serving

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boundgear View Post
    Dearest spookster,

You are in E'ton? I grew up in Holyoke and moved to Easthampster! No ways! When I'm out there again visiting mom/sister, will have to ride.

<3's and spokes!

Yessir, Easthampton. The old Paragon Rubber building. Powdercoat is over the hill in 'oke.

Stop on by sometime. There almost always invariably someone in the office...
    mickey.denoncourt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new additions