User Tag List

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 901

Thread: Your bike(s) - post picture here if there isn't a category

  1. #101
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,414
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ZeroKing - No porn, this is a workplace friendly forum yo ;)
    Dang the anvil looks mean. LOVE the drop bars, that's aggressive.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here are my rigs. Yes you can pick on me for have a compact crank and generous gearing in the back on the Calfee. I have this setup for the Death Ride in a few weeks. Afterwards I'll return to the standard cranks.

    You know I've been hoping that these bikes would start mating in my garage and produce something really spectacular.
    Attached Images Attached Images
     

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Way outside of Philly
    Posts
    935
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Ray, I'm loving the custom painted Wound Up on your Spectrum. Is that an XT derailleur/cassette setup? Looks like great wide-range gearing options.
    Yup, XT derailure and I think XTR cassette with a 12-34 nine-speed. 50-34 up front in this picture, but I usually run a 46 or 48 "big" ring. 46*12 can get me spinning into the upper 30s and above that I'm usually tucked and coasting anyway. I almost never use the 30 or 34, but I've never been sorry to have them. On the rare occasion that I need them, they're invaluable. And otherwise, they give me a 12-26 seven speed to run from the big ring, which allows me to stay in the big ring the vast majority of the time and only shift to the little ring for long and/or steep hills. I can handle almost any of the rolling hills I ride in the big ring with this setup. Some people wouldn't like the big gaps, but my days on a fixie gave me a pretty wide range of comfortable cadences, so it works well for me.

    As for the wound-up, I've never liked the looks of the bare ones, but the painted ones usually seem to work. Don't know quite why, but I like it.

    -Ray
     

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Petitte - Your setups are just super. Hey? Any pics of you racing?
    Yeah. Here are some from this weekend:

    http://public.fotki.com/kennybz/bike...o-08-0269.html

    http://public.fotki.com/kennybz/bike...o-08-0270.html

    http://public.fotki.com/kennybz/bike...o-08-0271.html

    Pettit
     

  5. #105
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    petit, i'll be at manhattan beach. i've been enlisted to help a friend in the 35+... come say hi.. i'll be in the infield afterwards.
    look for frighteningly white shorts and a red jersey and a big hook nose.


    hopefully the work i have to offer will be offered before the last lap and i wont have to deal with the hysterics that is the worst sprint set up on any race course possible. i hate that last lap.. the rollers and the headwind and the slowing into the last turn make it so every idiot in back feels like they have a shot at being in front.

    pointlessness!
    shrink, terrorist, poet, president of concerned cyclists for the abolishment of bovine source bicycle parts and head of the disaffected commie dishwashers union.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    petit, i'll be at manhattan beach. i've been enlisted to help a friend in the 35+... come say hi.. i'll be in the infield afterwards.
    look for frighteningly white shorts and a red jersey and a big hook nose.


    hopefully the work i have to offer will be offered before the last lap and i wont have to deal with the hysterics that is the worst sprint set up on any race course possible. i hate that last lap.. the rollers and the headwind and the slowing into the last turn make it so every idiot in back feels like they have a shot at being in front.

    pointlessness!

    Cool, swoop. I'll be looking for you. Hopefully, my teammates and I will be able to have fun and avoid the inevitable crashes in the 4's. If I'm not in the top ten in the last turn, I know not to sprint. However, I'll be one of the only smart ones in the 120-rider field. Look for Friends in our white and blue kits!

    Pettit
     

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    will do. in the 4's you need to be in the top 5 into the last turn.
    it will barge up on the backside. it will get curb to curb and stupid as fuck.

    guys will blow in front of you. its all position. there will be blood.

    a break wont work (don't bother). don't go for any primes even though they are nice primes. use your guys to keep the pace as high as possible on the last two laps. the faster it is the more sensible it will be.

    i've never been healthy for it but i think i got 8th there. you go from winning to 8th real quick when folks do stupid shit on the last lap.

    you can go much faster into the last turn than you think. and you should look to jump on the rollers on the backside straight for the last lap. you need teammates there tomake it easy for you. spend your guys on the last laps.
    also, don't park yourself anywhere in the field. keep looking for safe wheels and keep moving though it. the crashes happen everywhere and they spread instantly.
    if you're not on the sharp end of the stick and caught out of position, shut it down. its not worth it.

    the race is all about the backside straight on the last lap and not getting caught in the surge up the sides.

    i hope that helps.
    oil your legs for the pictures. it looks sexier.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    shrink, terrorist, poet, president of concerned cyclists for the abolishment of bovine source bicycle parts and head of the disaffected commie dishwashers union.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,414
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    NICE :) Race pics + the rigs = the big picture. Excellent.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default been riding this the most

    spectrum
    Last edited by twowheels; 07-29-2008 at 10:27 PM.
     

  10. #110
    Saab2000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    will do. in the 4's you need to be in the top 5 into the last turn.
    it will barge up on the backside. it will get curb to curb and stupid as fuck.

    guys will blow in front of you. its all position. there will be blood.

    a break wont work (don't bother). don't go for any primes even though they are nice primes. use your guys to keep the pace as high as possible on the last two laps. the faster it is the more sensible it will be.

    i've never been healthy for it but i think i got 8th there. you go from winning to 8th real quick when folks do stupid shit on the last lap.

    you can go much faster into the last turn than you think. and you should look to jump on the rollers on the backside straight for the last lap. you need teammates there tomake it easy for you. spend your guys on the last laps.
    also, don't park yourself anywhere in the field. keep looking for safe wheels and keep moving though it. the crashes happen everywhere and they spread instantly.
    if you're not on the sharp end of the stick and caught out of position, shut it down. its not worth it.

    the race is all about the backside straight on the last lap and not getting caught in the surge up the sides.

    i hope that helps.
    oil your legs for the pictures. it looks sexier.

    Which one is Swoop?
     

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, California, United States
    Posts
    1,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default where else

    Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Which one is Swoop?
    4th back ?
    cheers
    butch
     

  12. #112
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dirtville
    Posts
    13,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Which one is Swoop?
    4rth one backmo
     

  13. #113
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, me 4th. the only safe place to be in that stupid race. what happens for me every year is i get pissed off and just roll off the front every freaking chance i have. i hate mbgp. its just a 50 minute crash and a scared kitten scramble at the end.

    you can't get away and make it stick.. and that's my only trick.
    shrink, terrorist, poet, president of concerned cyclists for the abolishment of bovine source bicycle parts and head of the disaffected commie dishwashers union.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,414
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Starting a fund to buy Swoop white socks.

    Free the Cali. two.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Way outside of Philly
    Posts
    935
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Starting a fund to buy Swoop white socks.

    Free the Cali. two.
    You beat me to it, big guy. Black knee sox and the bro complains about MIRRORS?!?!?

    -Ray
     

  16. #116
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i know, right. worse than that they were drk blue.
    shrink, terrorist, poet, president of concerned cyclists for the abolishment of bovine source bicycle parts and head of the disaffected commie dishwashers union.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Boulder CO
    Posts
    490
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From my ride up Flagstaff yesterday.

    and one of my other bike

    Both taken from a crappy i-phone on rides.
    Last edited by coloclimber; 06-27-2008 at 11:57 AM.
     

  18. #118
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,414
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great bikes and welcome coloclimber :)

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,905
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here's my Look. Thanks Josh. Looks like it'll work better this time around with the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
     

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default N.s.l.u.

    ...Left Undone
    Attached Images Attached Images
     

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •