Thread: Your bike(s) - post picture here if there isn't a category

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    In chronological order:

1. A Steel Axiom, acquired from eBay. I bought this in '03 after I started getting serious about road biking. It's been through a few iterations. I think of it as my "worst" bike, but it's the bike that I use for all my long, tough rides in Maine. Here it is at its summer home:

I would kill for that barn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Archibald View Post
    That's me on the Brooklyn. My son in the second picture on the Evil.

The Brooklyn uses a jackshaft so that chain forces are concentric with the rear suspension pivot. Virtually eliminates pedal feedback and bobbing. With the floating rear brake, the whole package is very active and effective yet still pedals well for a 9" travel bike.
    Amazing bikes those Brooklyns. I tried one out a fwe times, but never on trails where the bike could shine. I'm also too much of a chicken-$hit to own that kind of machine;-)

-Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imike View Post
    I'm feeling this fellow here.
    thanks, she is in full bling mode there, but she looks good with the cross tires and 32H wheelset too..

right now, she is wearing the Ventos with 28c Gatorskins, but maybe not for long if I sell the Ventos and Record 8 spd Ergos. The Ventos are beautiful but I just don't think they are practical for cross season (especially when I have the other bombproof wheelset that is perfect for cross or touring.) I am probably going to rebuild her with a compact crankset and some Veloce 9 or 10 speed bits and to go with the other wheelset (that is 9/10 speed).

Now, you Irish cops are perking up. That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men. Kind of makes me feel like Riverdancing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cs124 View Post
    @handsomerob... i like your collection. can you give us some history on the last one?
    the whole story with more pictures is here: http://www.serotta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26678

it is a 1984 Serotta Club Special. Long story short, it was a eBay find that needed a repaint with surface rust bubbling on some of the braze-ons, but funds were really too short to do a proper paint job, so I had a buddy blast it clean and powdercoat it for $50 in the meantime.

Right now a buddy is borrowing it and riding it exclusively until his DeSalvo comes in. Between the rain and the salty air of Long Island, NY... it is good to have the powdercoat for now.
    Now, you Irish cops are perking up. That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men. Kind of makes me feel like Riverdancing.

Somewhere between the Right and Left in San Francisco
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My main squeeze

First post on this side...formerly Poppawheelie over at SF. Been lurking for a while but afraid to come out of the closet... Anyway, here is my big red friend. Axiom Ti, done in Ferrari red by JB:

Sorry for the crummy photo...the white balance thingie on my camera is a mess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgiven Bryan, tubes and proportions are excellent. Let's see that in proper lighting again ok?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loverly orange seven. more shots please.
    shrink, terrorist, poet, president of concerned cyclists for the abolishment of bovine source bicycle parts and head of the disaffected commie dishwashers union.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on BryanF show us the rest of them too. I have not ridden with you in a bit and I need to see them again. Some of the best balanced, big bikes I ever did see!

Also, Darren and Mr Pres. and anyone else. That IF is up for sale again. I love it, but I've got to move some stuff...

Full listing and more photos in the classifieds soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many good bikes in this thread. BryanF, don't sweat the white balance, the bike's visual balance is spot on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BryanF View Post
    First post on this side...formerly Poppawheelie over at SF. Been lurking for a while but afraid to come out of the closet... Anyway, here is my big red friend. Axiom Ti, done in Ferrari red by JB:

Sorry for the crummy photo...the white balance thingie on my camera is a mess.
    "Ferrari" red is also known as Rossa Corsa, cool history...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosso_corsa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Catulle; 06-25-2008 at 08:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my c50 - great bike...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the kind words...I wonder what you'll think of it in its current configuration though. Mr. Crumpton convinced me that my saddle was too high, so my fitter (4 years he had me up there), the geometry and position all went out the window. I thought Nick was nuts, but the power numbers and comfort don't lie...the saddle is now down nearly and inch from that photo, the stem is slammed and I wish the top tube were about an inch lower. Rides like a champ though...doctor/lawyer jokes aside, Seven makes a friggin nice bike, and like most folks here, I've ridden a few...

Here is a shot that shows the red a bit better...taken the day before heading up to the top of Haleakala on Maui. 10,000' in one shot...certainly a recommended ride. Mr. Brunk's old wheels made the job a bit easier tho'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jeeez, i think this bike could beat me in a sprint even without a rider :D

[/quote]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenCT View Post
    the only bike i wish i never sold

then buy another one. i take cash, gas, grass or ass.

jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the daily rider. already a two year old.
    good thing 10speed is obsolete,
    now i can get a new bike next year.
    Last edited by GrantM; 12-14-2008 at 02:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... Mr. Crumpton convinced me that my saddle was too high, so my fitter (4 years he had me up there), the geometry and position all went out the window. I thought Nick was nuts,....
    Gasp! You tossed aside objective fit science for mere subjective opinion?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scrooge View Post
    Gasp! You tossed aside objective fit science for mere subjective opinion?!

Er, more like the other way around....I'm not convinced in hindsight that those 4 years were spent listening to someone who knew what the hell was up. Live and learn...adjust as needed...repeat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er, more like the other way around....I'm not convinced in hindsight that those 4 years were spent listening to someone who knew what the hell was up. Live and learn...adjust as needed...repeat.
    that was a joke.
    I paid for a fitting last year. Guy took a lot of measurements, hooked me up to his fancy electrode like doo-hickie, spent an hour watching me ride the trainer, moved me forward a half a cm and declared that I was right where I needed to be.
    Whadayaknow...my body does have some sense of where it is "supposed" to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scrooge View Post
    that was a joke.
    I paid for a fitting last year. Guy took a lot of measurements, hooked me up to his fancy electrode like doo-hickie, spent an hour watching me ride the trainer, moved me forward a half a cm and declared that I was right where I needed to be.
    Whadayaknow...my body does have some sense of where it is "supposed" to be.
    Exactly...that's what I meant too.

A guy with a computer program, a tape measure, a size cycle and an opinion is still just a guy with an opinion when you get down to it. All Nick had to do was see me pedal my bike for 15 seconds and he knew a change was needed. It's the quality of that opinion that counts in the end.

Sorry...thread drift...back to the bike p0rn please! Ariba, ariba! More photos!!