User Tag List

Thread: Vetta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vetta

Vetta Caballero , designed by Dutch CR Design , build by Vetta Italy with Columbus Life tubing .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Vetta

My custom CX/gravel/light tourer frameset currently under construction at Cicli Vetta in Padua, Italy. Planned as a no-nonsense bike with the geometry of my Merlin Extralight, to tackle the gravel and dirt tracks I frequently ride on my roadbike but with the much needed bigger tires to smoothen the bumps and provide more traction in corners. No deep sand and mud so no need for more relax head- and seat angles or a higher bottom bracket. Tubing is Deda ZeroUno: 38.0mm down tube, 31.7mm top tube, 28.6mm seat tube and head tube for a 1" threadless headset. Comes with a steel CX fork.

Components will be all polished Campagnolo 10sp, a mix of Record (1" threadless headset), Record Pista (cranks), vintage (144 BCD 46t 3/32 chainring and bashguard), Centaur (derailleur, bottom bracket and seatpost), CX (canti brakes) and Veloce (Ergopower levers with mechanism removed from left side handle, cassette and chain).
    San Marco Regal titanium saddle, Ambrosio Zenith hubs, H+Son TB14 rims, DT Comp spokes, Ciussi Innox bottle holders, Syntace F99 stem, Deda 215 handlebar, Speedplay X2 stainless pedals, Challenge clinchers, Tubus Carry titanium carrier and Brooks Suffolk panniers.

Just got word from Antonio: the frameset is back from the painter and will be shipped in the first week of 2015. I opted for a simple gloss black paintjob, I'll ride the bike for a season and when it is exactly what I want I'll send te frameset to my favorite painter for the actual paintjob.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under construction: wheels will be Ambrosio Nemesis with Veloflex tubes, shifting will be 10sp Record but with a downtube shifter for the front mech and crankset will be polished Tune Bigfoot with CT2 chainrings...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno what ever happened to BTP but still had one of their carbon downtube shifters waiting for this bike. Campagnolo bits and a Syntace titanium bolt...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruimteaapje View Post
    Under construction: wheels will be Ambrosio Nemesis with Veloflex tubes, shifting will be 10sp Record but with a downtube shifter for the front mech and crankset will be polished Tune Bigfoot with CT2 chainrings...
    Tasty.

Tune Bigfoot. Good choice, in my opinion at least. Should suit the frame nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could not find a set of good Tune Bigfoots with the required length, color and spider so I settled for carbon Ultra-Torque for the moment...

Lugged Deda ZeroUno tubes ; custom geometry ; painted dark blue metallic by Brady van Dalen at BCP Special Paintwork ; custom steel stem and brass topcap made by Bart Veuger at WIND cycleworks ( 1” ; 105mm ; 6) with Syntace titanium bolts ; Campagnolo Record headset ; 45cm 3ttt Merckx bend Competizione handlebars ; Brooks leather bartape ; Gilles Berthoud leather/brass plugs ; Campagnolo Record TT (left) and Record Ergopower (right) brakelevers ; Campagnolo Chorus Skeleton brakes ; Campagnolo downtube shifter with BTP carbon lever and Syntace titanium bolt ; Jagwire cables ; Campagnolo Chorus carbon Ultra-Torque cranks with 53/39 chainrings ; Campagnolo Chorus front and rear derailleurs ; Speedplay X2 stainless pedals ; Cannondale carbon/alu seatpost ; Selle San Marco Regal titanio saddle ; KMC x10sl chain ; Elit Ciussi inox bottle holders with Syntace titanium bolts ; Campagnolo Veloce 13-26 cassette ; 32h Ambrosio Zenith hubs ; Sapim Race spokes ; Tune AC 14 QR's ; Mavic Open Pro tubular rims...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is beautiful.
    How did you find 45cm Competizione bars?, It's very hard to find anything NOS above 42cm.
    Great color, great build.. bravo!
    Artie Deianni

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats what i like to see. Bravo, indeed.
    I came here for the socks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bravo. The attention to detail is incredible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everybody for the kind comments!
    Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    This is beautiful.
    How did you find 45cm Competizione bars?, It's very hard to find anything NOS above 42cm.
    Great color, great build.. bravo!
    It's from my "spare parts" box - picked it up some five years ago and used it on a singlespeed commuter for a couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next on my list is a dark red metallic respray for my Vetta Gravel/CX/travelbike - also with gold logos and with a beefier fork and custom stem