Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Vanilla / Speedvagen

Thank you! Carbon seat tube and Di2.

Quote Originally Posted by m@w View Post
    Lovely & a rarity in black. Enjoy in good health!
    Tom Griesel

Current: 2018 Custom Speedvagen Road, Oasis Custom Cycles Lugged Reynolds 531 Retro/Modern Road, Fuji SL One.1, Custom Road Ericksen Ti, Vincent Steel Lugged Road (handbuilt by me), Specialized Limited Edition CruX Evo, Paul Taylor Custom Fixed Road, Jeff Jones Custom Space-frame, Bamboo single speed project

Incoming: Vincent #2

Wishlist: Pegoretti Responsorium or Love #3 (in 55 cm just in case you have one for sale!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Griesel

Current: 2018 Custom Speedvagen Road, Oasis Custom Cycles Lugged Reynolds 531 Retro/Modern Road, Fuji SL One.1, Custom Road Ericksen Ti, Vincent Steel Lugged Road (handbuilt by me), Specialized Limited Edition CruX Evo, Paul Taylor Custom Fixed Road, Jeff Jones Custom Space-frame, Bamboo single speed project

Wishlist: Pegoretti Responsorium or Love #3 (in 55 cm just in case you have one for sale!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TurboTom

I'm in the queue for a speedvagen and organizing parts. What size is the front derailleur band and what stem is that?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FD clamp is 28.6 and the stem is the Pro. It has a 10 degree angle which I thought better matched the line of the TT.

Quote Originally Posted by donk View Post
    TurboTom

I'm in the queue for a speedvagen and organizing parts. What size is the front derailleur band and what stem is that?

Thanks
    Tom Griesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks tom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

16 lbs. 6 ounces as pictured.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Griesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was this a "one off" paint job? I have a 2011 SV "Surprise Me". Unfortunately I found some rust and need to send it back. To replicate the same paint job would be $1K+! Can you tell me how much you paid for this paint job? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rsa View Post
    Was this a "one off" paint job? I have a 2011 SV "Surprise Me". Unfortunately I found some rust and need to send it back. To replicate the same paint job would be $1K+! Can you tell me how much you paid for this paint job? Thanks in advance.
    Speaking of which, I'm noticing spider veins of rust on my 2010 SV, starting at the seat collar and creeping under the clear coat. Did Vanilla say anything about how urgent sending the frame in is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got those spider veins of the clear coat behind the seat mast. I take very good care of my frame, but for them to not warranty it...is disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got those spider veins of the clear coat behind the seat mast.
    If it weren't rust, I'd say it was cool graphics.

EricMossSVRust.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that was a special request, all gloss black with ghost graphics. The invoice says $350 uncharge (from one of their stock 2018 colors). I'm not sure what they charge for repaints but I guess one of their current 2018 colors with ghost graphics in either satin or gloss will be least expensive.
    Tom Griesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got those spider veins of the clear coat behind the seat mast. I take very good care of my frame, but for them to not warranty it...is disappointing.
    I have stripped several frames (painted and powdercoated) and almost all had spider veins of rust underneath (mostly around braze-ons). Most builders/painters/powdercoaters will not do clear over bare metal or they strictly advise against it because they know it will happen at some point. If it's just on the mast and the rest of the paint is still good, why not just strip that section and respray?
    Tom Griesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a pic of the rust on the seat mast. Not much, but don't want the rust to spread from under the paint. Also the circle below is the clear coat coming off. I don't ride with a saddle bag attached to the saddle.

SV.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just get ahold of Vanilla directly and relay your fears. They have been more than helpful to me in the past.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did...it was past the warranty period and now I have to decide to whether to paint it to the original paint scheme (@$1300) or something else ($$$). The only cheapest option is the "Ghost" scheme. Frustrating....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid there maybe rust somewhere else around the frame. Also the paint is coming off under the fork.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd reach out to someone like Velocolour, Hot Tubes, etc. who might have a little more experience in dealing with resprays. Here's a thread about Coat's QC issues on Paceline a few years back...about the same vintage as your frame.

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showt...=102002&page=2
    rw saunders
    everything is connected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    I'd reach out to someone like Velocolour, Hot Tubes, etc. who might have a little more experience in dealing with resprays. Here's a thread about Coat's QC issues on Paceline a few years back...about the same vintage as your frame.

Coat Paint Shop in Portland? - Page 2 - The Paceline Forum
    Also check with Black Magic in Portland, OR Black Magic Paint-Home
    Tom Griesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Up close and personal with the Berzerker dropouts.
    Tom Griesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just add water!
    Tom Griesel