User Tag List

Page 134 of 137 FirstFirst ... 124125126127128129130131132133134135136137 LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2723

Thread: Vanilla / Speedvagen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Vanilla / Speedvagen

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    Sent my deposit Friday for a 2018 Custom Road.
    congrats!
    custom Vanilla or custom Speedvagen?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
    congrats!
    custom Vanilla or custom Speedvagen?
    Speedvagen. Note also, options/prices are different this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speedvagen. Note also, options/prices are different this year.
    fewer/higher?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably best to contact them if you are interested so I don't misrepresent anything. I only inquired about what I might be interested in. To cite a few: More stock colors (17!). Standard OG1 available only as a full build (no frameset option) in Army Green but other stock colors are available for additional cost. A stock size/geometry frameset starts at $3850. Pricing seems more akin to ordering a Porsche; base price plus a variety of upgrades available depending on your wants/needs/wallet. Plenty of options depending on what you like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I follow this Japanese photographer named Toshiki Sato on Flickr. I think he may be Rapha's official photographer in Japan. He shoots a lot of CX, and I am always surprised at how many Speedvagens are in the races. There is just generally a high per capita representation of hand-built bikes in Japanese CX it seems, but Speedvagens seem the largest subset.

Here is Tokai CX at Aichi Farm for a recent example.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having seen this year's colour swatches, there will be some really nice bikes delivered. I am just waiting to hear back on a date for a fitting in Portland and then I'll be having to make the tough choice, carbon seat tube or not (leaning to yes), which colour of ghost or do I do horizon, discs no discs (leaning towards no discs).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably best ... depending on what you like.
    Is the 2018 Speedvagen catalog out yet? I don't see anything so I'm wondering where you're getting your information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Polack View Post
    Is the 2018 Speedvagen catalog out yet? I don't see anything so I'm wondering where you're getting your information.
    No 2018 catalog yet as far as I know. My info comes from recent conversations with them regarding my options before I placed a deposit. Here are the 2018 colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice colors

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 Guidebook is now available: https://www.speedvagen.com/road-bike-guidebook
    Tom Griesel

Current: 2018 Custom Speedvagen Road, Oasis Custom Cycles Lugged Reynolds 531 Retro/Modern Road, Fuji SL One.1, Custom Road Ericksen Ti, Vincent Steel Lugged Road (handbuilt by me), Specialized Limited Edition CruX Evo, Paul Taylor Custom Fixed Road, Jeff Jones Custom Space-frame, Bamboo single speed project

Incoming: Vincent #2

Wishlist: Pegoretti Responsorium or Love #3 (in 55 cm just in case you have one for sale!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great colors this year. It is noteworthy that SV is only offering complete bicycles.
    No framesets...I get it, but it's a bummer.

2018 Guidebook is now available: https://www.speedvagen.com/road-bike-guidebook
    Steve Park

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once you decide the OG1 is too pedestrian and pick up the phone, it is a slippery slope to a $10-15k complete bike.

111 complete bikes per year now - I think the remaining capacity goes to SV special editions, CX , urban racers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sparky33 View Post
    Great colors this year. It is noteworthy that SV is only offering complete bicycles.
    No framesets...I get it, but it's a bummer.
    As far as I know, you can buy a frameset with stock geometry, stock color, ghost paint for something like $3850 (then add on upgrades $$). Just no "OG1" frameset.
    Tom Griesel

Current: 2018 Custom Speedvagen Road, Oasis Custom Cycles Lugged Reynolds 531 Retro/Modern Road, Fuji SL One.1, Custom Road Ericksen Ti, Vincent Steel Lugged Road (handbuilt by me), Specialized Limited Edition CruX Evo, Paul Taylor Custom Fixed Road, Jeff Jones Custom Space-frame, Bamboo single speed project

Wishlist: Pegoretti Responsorium or Love #3 (in 55 cm just in case you have one for sale!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to have one in Rasin with Gold Hollatext with a flat finish. That would be the Bee's Knees!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the viewbook a few days ago and didn't get the impression that there was a restriction on frameset-only purchases.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habitué View Post
    I read the viewbook a few days ago and didn't get the impression that there was a restriction on frameset-only purchases.
    Based on my conversations with Jenn, frameset only limitations are restricted to the OG1: Army green (other stock colors seem to be available for an upcharge), mechanical or upgrade Di2, some other upgrades like stem and seat mast. If you like army green, after you start comparing costs of an OG1 vs. frameset plus $$$..., it becomes clear that the "Base" OG1 is a great package deal comparatively speaking. IMHO

That said, I have so many cool components already to put on, I'm going a la carte!
    Tom Griesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo de Acero View Post
    I would love to have one in Rasin with Gold Hollatext with a flat finish. That would be the Bee's Knees!
    I agree. But, Holla Text paint is now a $950 upgrade! Ouch!! Carbon seat tube is $850. Which to choose if your trying to keep to some sort of budget? Be light or look cool?? Oh well, just take out a second mortgage and get the whole enchiladas!!
    Tom Griesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A short series of unrelated thoughts:

1. The paint schemes and color palettes continue to be ahead of the game.
    2. It's crazy how much money you can add onto the price from the base model, but this is really not all that different than most builders, other than the focus when the brochure comes out as to how much $$$ you can spend on a frame.
    3. Complete bikes only- I get it, but wonder how many people this precludes due to the fact that they'd love just the frame but have to stretch to reach even that $ level.
    4. That said, if they can sell 111 of these babies at full whack, then they have no one to apologize to. And I hear that the Vanilla enterprise employs a fair number of folks at livable wages, so that's not something they should ever not be proud of.
    5. I would definitely want Sacha to watch me on their fit bike if I was to ever plunk down the cash for one of these.
    6. I remember when the SV's came out and they seemed to be aimed more at the in-the-know racer (some justright mix of dirtbagging with a base level of disposable income, if that makes sense?) rather than whoever their audience is now. Guess the OG brings some of that back, but it'd be cool to see some privateer sub-brand 2.0 emerge at some point, expecially on the CX side of things.
    7. And to round it off- how 'bout a pic? The horizon paint scheme is dope.

my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much activity here for awhile so I'll start it back up. 2018 SV Road in gloss black.IMG_0841.jpgIMG_0842.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Griesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely & a rarity in black. Enjoy in good health!